Massacre

Fallout

every character for me had smithing skills... it's the #1 skill in skyrim IMO...

fix'd...

Out of damn likes again. Still working towards Arcane Blacksmith perk.

Massacre's idea of a game-within-a-game is good inspiration for the boxart graphics thread...PC version.

To get somewhat back on topic, I'm pleased to report that one of my buddies at work recently got Skyrim on PC and will be getting Fallout this weekend, based solely on my effusive praise. Not sure if he's getting 3 or New Vegas. But, I converted another one. B)

Question, how do you think they'll incorporate the history of NV in the next Fallout as there's four different endings? I think they'd go with the wildcard history where both sides lost and retreated if they had too.

Currently helping the Boomers out for Caesar, haven't really made my character out to be part of the Legion, no unarmed or melee skill what so ever, mostly leveling up guns, science, survival, and sneak. Playing on hardcore so thought best to have survival skills. Haven't played out the NCR or Caesar stories before, and actually quiet like Caesar's side once you get over the whole crucifixion/slave/savagery thing, his plan to reunite the land makes more sense than NCR's democracy/bureaucracy thing. Also currently have Raul as a follower, I like him, he talks more than Boone, who I think I might have to kill at some point just cos.

On that note, the 'all companions' trophy, is it effected if I kill one of them?

It won't affect Fallout 4, I'm sure, same as 3 didn't effect New Vegas. In NV, they mentioned a civil war of sorts in the Brotherhood of Steel, some of the stupid Super Mutants from DC made their way to the Mojave, and that's pretty much the extent of the Fallout 3 references. Fallout 4 will probably be the same way.

I wonder what the Central US looks like post-Great War. I wouldn't mind a Fallout in the prairies, so long as they find a way to detract from the blase terrain and geography.

the west coast and east coast fallouts are completely different worlds as far as i am concerned... and the creators treat it that way... as far apart as they are, they might as well be different countries... like massacre said, they made minor references between each, but i am sure that if they do mention anything about new vegas, it would be stuff like, "i heard some NCR group and this other band of savages called the legion were battling over the hoover dam... but who cares about affairs on the other side of the country"

• Like 1

Yeah, but with groups seeming to get bigger and expand with time, It's only a matter of time (in the fallout timeline) when the whole of old America is connected again. Clans will fight until there's a winner, or you'll have America divided into groups of clans. Or you'll get a huge clan coming from the north with advanced tech and the American clans (enclave,Brotherhood,NCR etc.) will have to join forces. . . Just a thought.

My Fallout history isn't great, but when the bombs fell, what happened to Europe? Would be interesting to see a Fallout game set somewhere in Europe, Rome for example, the Colloseum has been opened for business again, the leaning tower leans a little further than before. . . but saying that, were the vault only built in America? cos you couldn't have a Fallout game without vaults.

Wouldn't mind seeing them introduce new language into the game either.

New Vegas takes place roughly 40 years after Fallout 2. As of New Vegas, the NCR has only been in the Mojave for three years, and their soldiers and equipment are spread thin. They're not expanding very quickly or by very much. The Brotherhood has barely spread at all, and they don't even have a real presence in the east, because the DC Brotherhood has separated from the main group entirely. Not to mention that the vast majority of the activity in the east is right along the coast. There's very little between the Mojave and the east coast. It's the same way in real life, really. Flyover country, man, nothing to see there.

• Like 1