Massacre

Fallout

here's another theory idea i had at one point... when father elijah comes down to the vault, slowly walk towards the force field he goes through and drop all the gold by the door... then, finish off elijah, then run all the way around, THEN quickly walk over towards that force field and see if it's possible to grab something that is nearby in the short amount of time it takes before the elevator locks you down there... you might be able to drop all gold bars there, considering that all of them can be dropped as a single grouped item...

I tried so many ways....saved and reloaded. It was just too difficult in the end,

and I did the 2 endings for the 2 achievements, and was happy to find a way out.

At first I couldn't believe it was that difficult, but after trying so many ways, fuck.

I even tried the ways some people piled up explosives before he comes out, etc.

Pushing and leaning against the blue force field and falling through, never worked.

Again I was just happy to find a way out before everything blows up. So when I leave

this time with the gold, it will be to just leave and make it out. I liked the DLC

up until that crap at the end. Maybe if there were no gold at all, er something.

But Elijah makes it suck. I will be happy to kill him and GTFO!

• Like 1

Explosives, you say? Hadn't thought about that. I have found a decent amount of C4 around the Villa, maybe it would work if you dumped it in the doorway as soon as you got of off the elevator instead of doing it right before Elijah comes in.

• Like 1

Explosives, you say?

Hadn't thought about that. I have found a decent amount of C4 around the Villa, maybe it would work if you dumped it in the doorway as soon as you got of off the elevator instead of doing it right before Elijah comes in.

Um, yeah I told you on the old forum.

Pile up the explosives, and push on the force field.

He walks out and *in theory* gets blown up.

My case it didn't work, I did actually make it through

the force field once but he wouldn't step on the collected

C4, gas bombs, dynamite, grenades, etc....

You said I went into the vault with too much weight.

That was shit I found in the DLC, and I had watched a YouTube vid

about doing the push on the force field trick.

The problem was once on the other side of the force field,

if he doesn't step on the explosives and you don't detonate,

you have no way of getting back out there to kill him.

(You're both stuck on opposite sides of the field)

Long story short, I just need to figure out how to get

out of there in time. Killing him and hauling gold wasn't my problem.

But - now I want to go for the 8 gold bars while leaving ED-E

at the Lucky 38. Will be doing a trial entrance test this weekend.

If the on-screen says "ED-E has returned to Primm" I am reloading and forgetting it.

• Like 1

461px-Honest_Hearts_1.jpg

Honest_Hearts_2.jpg

Honest_Hearts_3.jpg

these are grabbed youtube screens from a now removed trailer for honest hearts... thoughts??

it appears to be more shades of red... both honest hearts and dead money are shrouded in red colors... and what is the deal with the slave garb?! are we going to be slaves in each of these DLC locations?!

rumor has it that this add-on will be a lengthy one, justifying the long wait for an announcement... again, these are rumors... the screenshots however, are real... and i hope the rumors of a longer add-on are true too...

Utah is stuffed full of tribals, I would guess, and that's our tribal garb. Hopefully this place is as big (or bigger, preferably) as Point Lookout. After being trapped in a cramped, rotting villa for the last few months, it would be nice to have the chance to go somewhere open, that I haven't already explored to death.

• Like 1

yea, i hope it's more open than dead money... sure the interiors can be cramped but, i want an open map, similar to point lookout and adam's air force base...

and yea your probably right, it looks like tribal garb... but i am assuming this game will strip you down, just like every add-on except for point lookout... which i am fine with, so long as they introduce new weapons, armor and crafting items like dead money...

it also looks like a leather whip-like weapon in that screen :D...

i hope one of the tribes look like this though;

Mormons.jpg

i just hope there's some sort of preview released soon... i am started to get a little antsy about it... i know it's right around the corner and for once, i get to play it alongside the rest of you...

This probably won't be a situation where someone lures you into the area and traps you there, but a place you can enter and leave freely. I'm guessing this is New Vegas' Point Lookout.

• Like 1

it could also be like the pitt where you are tasked with infiltrating the location for someone's personal gain, then allowed to come and go as you please after you've finished the quests... which would work too if there is a bunch of stuff to do like point lookout... the only reason to return to the pitt was to finish collecting ingots and using the ammo press... at least with point lookout there was about a dozen side-quests and stuff to discover at every location...

something makes me think that lonesome road is the one that allows you to come and go as you please... i picture that as a long stretch of highway that allows you to fast-travel back to the mojave to drop off supplies and to re-supply, readying for your eventual encounter with the infamous "other" courier...

hey, i didn't know this but, that abandoned farm in the southern portion of the map, wolfhorn ranch, is actually ulysses' farm... he abandoned it on this courier quest... pretty cool actually... i wonder if i missed some notes or a terminal there that made a mention of that... i think the only way that the vault knew it was ulysses' place was in the foreign versions it was dubbed, "ulysses camp" in their respected languages...

that abandoned farm in the southern portion of the map, wolfhorn ranch

That place is hilarious, if you haven't been there.

Go inside the round corral. It's totally funny what happens first time you enter.

• Like 1

here's a new article from bethesda concerning fallout new vegas... i can't read it here at work but i am assuming it's all about the incoming patch... at least, that's what it seems to be about when i read the facebook article comments...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1179411-an-update-from-bethesda/

here's a new article from bethesda concerning fallout new vegas... i can't read it here at work but i am assuming it's all about the incoming patch... at least, that's what it seems to be about when i read the facebook article comments...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1179411-an-update-from-bethesda/

It reads:

Posted Today, 11:43 AM

Hi everyone,

On behalf of all of the hard-working teams at Bethesda and Obsidian, I’d like to give you an update what we’ve been working on these past few months.

Well, here’s what happened: our next DLC release (announcement coming very soon, we promise) has been complete while we worked on getting a patch ready for you all. We didn’t want to just release more DLC before we had a patch that would improve the overall New Vegas experience.

The good news is that we do have such a patch and it’s been handed off to the necessary platform owners. It should be released in the next couple of weeks on 360, PS3 and PC (can’t be more specific than that, I’m afraid, although PC will almost certainly get it first).

So what’s in that patch? First and foremost, optimizations and stability improvements. While there are bug fixes, our core focus was on improving stability and performance. We worked directly with first party platform owners to identify issues, and we have fixed a great deal of the crashes and lockups that people were experiencing. In addition, we scoured the forums and this patch includes weapon balance tweaks and other requested fixes.

We know we’re not done yet. There’s still more work to do, and we’ll be monitoring the forums very carefully following the release of this patch, looking for more issues. We do have another update planned further down the line.

So I’d like to apologize for the radio silence. Hopefully you’ll be pleased with the enormous amount of work we’ve put into this update over the last few months, and will enjoy the rest of our DLC releases. We have some pretty cool stuff coming soon. Stay tuned!

Thanks,

Jason Bergman

Senior Producer, FNV

• Like 1

^yay!

I have no regrets about getting F:NV when it was first released, despite some of the glitches. I was originally going to wait for the GOTY edition, but F:NV was a reasonable price for a new release here ($78, lol), so I threw caution to the wind and bought it straight away. Good times followed.

Besides, waiting that long for fallout is a bit like waiting a year for a turn on the new town bike. It's a bit cheaper. a bit bigger, diseased, and covered in patches, and you just end up wishing you'd had a turn before everyone else did.

Anyway, fallout is awesome etc.

hopefully the patch gets approved soon so obsidian can reveal honest hearts... chances are once the patch is installed, the new trophies might pop up as well, giving insight to what's in store... those can be a bit of a spoiler though as i learned with dead money... i checked the trophies and saw two of them mentioning father elijah and locking him in the vault :D... oops...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?showtopic=1181744&st=0

here's the latest news in case you weren't watching the vault... the new patch is about to hit the PC in a few days, and probably the networks within the week... i spot a couple of good tweaks and then a flipping great tweak to melee, ignoring DR/DT for the chainsaw, making it just plain nasty in the right hands... also, this was found on the information superhighway via the vault;

400px-Honestheartsbanner.jpg

"A promotional image for the upcoming Honest Hearts DLC has been found on Xbox live. Users can find the image by searching for Fallout: New Vegas on the Game Marketplace, and then selecting Fallout: New Vegas Teaser Trailer (HD). The picture in the top-right corner will change to a banner showing the Honest Hearts logo and a man with bandages covering his nose and mouth, likely to be the infamous Joshua Graham, also known as the Burned Man. "

well, duh... but fucking cool nonetheless...

As with the Ghost People's suits, I'm going to be fucking pissed if I don't get to wear his bandages.

Man that's gross. But...I can't wait, I've been dying for some new DLC. Dead Money was a bit disappointing.

Honest Hearts trailer is allegedly up on Xbox Live. Looking into it right now.

Edit: Nope, the Vault is full of shit, unless the trailer was there by mistake and removed already.

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

You buy Fallout 3 yet?

Nope, certainly could have done with it this weekend seeing as PSN is down though.

• Like 1

400px-Honestheartsbanner.jpg

I have this image appearing under the explore game marketplace, Fallout,

and then under extras, it is still the main image listed for

Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer (HD).

It's also, same extras section, under Fallout: New Vegas Teaser Trailer (HD).

• Like 2