Massacre

Fallout

O... M... G!!!

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Mirokunite/Old_World_Blues_Qore_coverage

i just watched the old world blues preview on QORE and now it's covered in the vault... you have to see this, completely EPIC!! i saved the screenshots from the episode and was going to upload them, but it was already handled by the vault so yea...

528px-Qore_-_Episode_36_%28Single%29_6.png

look at that one for a few seconds to wet your pecker... and fuckin' A, the music playing in the menus in QORE are amazing, i can tell it's the old world blues theme... or a variation of the new vegas theme... it's dramatic, gladiator-like with brassy horns blaring... i wish i could record that with a system camera because there are awesome old world artworks flashing by behind the video, comic book style... they are probably part of the open cinematic for old world blues...

OK, time to play honest hearts :D...

i heard that unfinished side-quests are terminated at the end of honest hearts... are only the activated quests terminated or are all side-quests removed upon completion?? i would like to know if i need to complete them all before i leave or if i can save them for when i come back...

I completed every mission in the game. Here's how:

You must exhaust all possible dialogs with every character you meet.

For example, there are followers/companions. Their dialogs will reveal

side missions, and in one case, a companion leads to a person, who

will give you a side mission. As for the main characters, there are

two endings, and to get all the achievements, you will have to do both endings.

I did the Joshua ending first, that is basically, one mission.

The Daniel ending, seems actually, another 3 Joshua missions.

I also do all the optional missions, within missions.

Besides missions, there is also at least 2 mini-quests that I completed.

One involved finding hidden items, the other involves hunting hidden subjects.

Best bet is to make key saves so that you don't miss anything.

It's very short but very sweet.

• Like 1

I don't like how the article called it "Bethesda's well built world" or whatever they said.

New Vegas was made by Obsidian...Bethesda only published this one.

i like the religious atmosphere of honest hearts... i am not a religious person myself, but in a time like this, you see religion becoming a strong focal point of tribal factions... it says a lot about the mormon from the north and the regions he has touched with his hand of god... after hearing much about this man from the mojave wasteland, and the legion, whom never speak of his name, it's no wonder that everyone speaks highly of his character... he is the quintessential, fallout character...

religion always has a DEEP grove in society and so of course it does in fallout... and a guy like the burned man shows that sentiment... and most of the factions are based on the same principals...

i love fallout...

I feel the same way, although growing up in the south, I am probably more of what you would call a religious person than anyone in this forum(though I don't approach it blindly, I do question a lot of it.)

I actually like when games incorporate religion and such. Lets you realize, like you said, how important it is to society.

So many people these days shut religion out, but the bible is beautifully written, and even if it is completely false the stories still have good points to them.

My whole point is, in a world that is increasingly "Atheist/Agnostic/Whatever", its good to see them still touch on the subject, or even make it one of the major factors in a story.

So the three quests from Joshua are only available in the Joshua ending? That would explain why I didn't get them.

• Like 1

first hour has been sorta slow to get going... just got done chatting it up with graham for a bit... found a survivalist cave with a terminal containing something that sounds like a fun scavenger hunt finding the rest of the story :D... since i was able to bring my own gear, i haven't tested the new weapons yet but, i think i'll get the opportunity to where i am heading...

so far it's what i expected, more fallout goodness :D...

BTW, i can't stop thinking about old world blues, even as i play honest hearts... that was one hell of a preview...

@tanner - no doubt... and i am already seeing a heavy religious atmosphere, from just listening to chalk chat it up, and especially from my interview with graham... so far it's been everything i hoped it would be when it comes to the mormons and the lifestyle that is as rich in history as the mountains themselves... truly awesome to see a post-nuclear mormon world, where it sounds just as peaceful and impactful as the pre-war version, outside of the raider tribes that threaten it of course...

i am like matt parker and trey stone, i find the mormons fascinating for some reason...

So the three quests from Joshua are only available in the Joshua ending? That would explain why I didn't get them.

Actually I said the Daniel ending, seemed actually to add the other 3 Joshua missions.

There are options in Daniel's ending. On the way to your destination, when you are with

Joshua, make those side routes, they are missions.

I didn't really notice or care about any religion, but I did exhaust all dialogs to get

what I wanted which was all the missions. But when religion was mentioned, it was no big deal.

The one during the psychedelic mission is so boring all I remember is it led to nothing.

I actually thought it was a hallucination featuring Joshua, but it was real, and it was

I think another "side with me or side with Daniel" religious speech.

• Like 1

i am actually starting to really get into the tribal stories of war and religion, and learning more about the white legs and the burned man... i just got done talking to daniel and was rewarded with a new follower and about 20 quests :D... i've been exploring the hills of the narrows for about a half hour now and found my new favorite armor;

bones7.jpg

desert ranger armor :D... looks more rugged than the NCR version and still fits my character perfectly... he's always worn the NCR version, this one looks more like a wastelander's version... and i always want to wear and use stuff that no one else in the wasteland has...

*cums*

and how fitting was it to find it in the stone(d) "bones" cave :lol:... it's like obsidian and bethesda are playing an easter egg on me... i guarantee this will be my armor combo for my revelation in the divide, unless someone in the divide wears this :angry:... bravo for giving me badass armor after badass armor, in back to back DLC's... and i haven't even gotten my hands on graham's yet...

*cums again in less than 10 seconds* *sets a record*

Yeah, my most recent character wore that until he got Graham's armor at the end. As it turns out, I look pretty awesome in snakeskin boots with a matching belt... And pistol.

• Like 1

bones9.jpg

bones, after dealing with the she devil... i think i killed it before it started some triple beast thing, as soon as i started firing, the sequence loaded... but before it finished, my character dealt the final blow quickly... there was a weird fire glitch that flashed across the screen for a second, then i found the beast slayed about 20 feet from where i originally killed it... strange, but a pretty fun sequence...

also, after wandering through a few other caves, i managed to snap my new favorite screenshot...

bones8.jpg

i love this one...

-------------------------------------

EDIT: so, i beat the game... i will go for the alternate ending trophy tonight but, i am satisfied with the ending i created... while i enjoyed much of the game, i was saddened at how quickly it was over with... i only found 4/6 survivalist caches but i did find the survivalist :D... i got every unique item, except for a sorrows outfit... and i am not sure but, i think i missed a few side-quests... not sure how, but i didn't do them all...

no sweat though, i got pretty much the full experience, and now i know how i will tackle this add-on with my evil caeser-fearing bitch, delilah... i'm pretty sure she doesn't want any of the tribes to overtake a potential caeser tribe such as the white legs... so i guess it's off with their heads... not sure how it will play out story-wise but, i guess i'll find out someday :D...

^^^ edited post...

also, since i was bored and it only took about 15 minutes to accomplish, here's that brassy theme song and slideshow i was talking about that plays in the fallout portion of QORE's episode 36... i need to get my hands on a high quality version so i can make a part of it my ringtone :D, mainly the beginning...

and yes, it appears that there is a legitimate reason as to why the big empty has been overlooked for the most part all these years... it appears to be a giant facility based within a giant crater... just look at the slideshow, fucking awesome...

Hopefully the scale of the facility in the concept art is how big it actually ends up being. The video I saw certainly made it seem huge. If it's as big as it looks, it'll be bigger than the Sierra Madre Villa or Zion.

from watching the preview a few times, i can see a massive rock wall surrounding the horizon, in all of the outdoor video portions... this badboy is smack dab in the middle of what was most likely once a test site for atomics...

528px-BigEmptyTeam.jpg

this screen, in addition to the huge crater one with the dome of the facility barely visible in the middle, are what stood out to me... for some reason, i see a group of guys testing the limits of planet earth... and beyond?? perhaps a tie in with mothership zeta?! nah, lol :P... or maybe the great war itself...

• Like 1

Hopefully the scale of the facility in the concept art is how big it actually ends up being. The video I saw certainly made it seem huge. If it's as big as it looks, it'll be bigger than the Sierra Madre Villa or Zion.

It better be big...it is the Big MT after all.

look who made it to zion;

delilah08.jpg

and it didn't take her long to make some new friends;

delilah09.jpg

seriously, that's the shortest add-on ever... after learning of a way out of zion from joshua graham, delilah does what caeser and the NCR couldn't do, and that's finish him off... she proved he's just a mortal since it only took two strikes from the ballistic fist... then, i journeyed my way to sorrows camp and laid waste to anyone that got between me and the map, including daniel and the followers you can pick up along the way...

short story short, i beat honest hearts in one hour on this file :lol:... i didn't think it would go that fast but when you kill one of the main characters, the rest turn hostile, which creates only one way out, thru a pile of bodies like the second screenshot :D...

i missed out on a lot of experience points, and a few unique but worthless items(salt-upon-wounds stuff and the she gauntlet), but who cares... it keeps this file lively... bones is already at the level cap, and delilah is only at level 33, she's got a lot of leveling up ahead of her... plus, killing the burned man was the only option for delilah, she wasn't about to help out these petty tribes... i'll have to head back to zion though and do some cave exploring because i passed up on a lot of exploring trying to get out of there...

------------------------

the big MT? so what, this add-on takes place in montana?! will we perhaps see some snow in this add-on?? i hope to hear some news on this perhaps at E3 since bethesda is presenting some things there...

i only found 4/6 survivalist caches but i did find the survivalist :D... i got every unique item, except for a sorrows outfit... and i am not sure but, i think i missed a few side-quests... not sure how, but i didn't do them all...

The Survivalist Caches are easy, they're listed in one of the messages to his tribe.

(Or at least you can calculate and figure from what he writes)

The Survivalist aka the Father was quite a guy living through two marriages, many kids, watching the

Vault 22 idiots invade, and protecting and nurturing his tribe. Guy was truly, the Father.

That was wild how he didn't look at the nuclear blast on the road, and found an old

couple who did, and became blinded.

Sat them down, next to each other, told them he was going for help, and used one bullet through two heads.

Found every location, every rare item, hunted down all the Yao Guai, got Joshua up to 100% repair.

I gathered all the unique items, including the 2 different Sorrows outfits, the 2

different White Legs outfits, the Desert Ranger outfit, but even more interesting...

The Gecko-Backed Metal and Leather Armor, plus the reinforced version of each.

Stuff is awesome, and it spares me having to fight in one of my two Remnant Power Armor suits.

So far thanks to the Green Gecko, I have made about a dozen of each of the 4 unique suits of armor,

as I already had a huge stash of Tanned Fire Gecko, and Tanned Golden Gecko Hides, all I needed was the Green.

Another very cool craft item I am enjoying from Honest Hearts is the variations of

Datura poisons/toxins, as I now have a large stash of doses to sit next to my

Mother of Darkness, Tremble, and Silver Sting. Datura! For when one blow will kill.

The Tomahawks are absolutely excellent for delivering doses to the face. Try it in Vault 3.

Another great addition, since I used 3 stash points in Zion, is the scrap metal crafts.

I used the Sorrows Camp, General Store, and Dead Horses camp, and stashed like over 2,000lbs

of stuff. The meals-to-metal, and cookery-to-metal abilities totally make use of junk.

As we all know, scrap metal is extremely valuable for weapons repair kits. Also, now I have

use for all those 900+ Empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles (That the idiots at Wiki keep fucking with my entries.)

Do it yourself Sunset Sarsaparilla and Nuka Cola, awesome.

I've made use of every craft-able item and recipe from Zion, my survival skill

has long since been at 100.

I don't really use Joshua's or Daniel's outfits, or Salt-Upon-Wounds' Power Fist,

actually She's Embrace all that much. However I do use the reward War Club given

after finding the Bighorner Calf and getting it back to its mother. That club,

with Datura or Mother of Darkness on it, is a one hit kill with the two mods on it.

Thankfully Zion is a plant re-spawning wonderland for ingredients like Cave Fungus

(Which easily replaces RadAway), Xander Roots, Datura, or the Spores.

I just had a dream the other night that if you kill Ulysses, you lose karma and

can't return to the area.....it's pretty bad when I'm dreaming about this game now.

• Like 1

yea, i did like the survivalist story, when i found his corpse and read his final note, man that was awesome... what a great story to have play alongside the main story of zion... i thought there would be more to the vault 22 story, but overall i enjoyed the story of zion...

i don't have a high enough survival skill to craft the hide armors, but then again, none of my characters use this low/mid level equipment anyways, there's far better stuff available for them... outside of the holorifle, there hasn't been any weapon worth carrying from the add-ons all the time... there has been a few good pieces of armor but, not much in the line of weapons... something tells me "old world blues" will change that...

ohh, and in finding the compliance regulator, i am contemplating creating my next character as a less aggressive courier, who may choose to use bean bag rounds instead of killing... still not sure if i want to attempt a passive character but, it's a thought... maybe i'll do some testing to see if it's something i really should try out... i think it would add some new and interesting wrinkles to the usual way of dealing with the mojave...

i do think i will attempt to tackle zion with my hardcore mexicano, sanchez... this add-on looks like his kind of survivalist environment... i think he will fit in perfectly with the world of zion... perhaps never leaving zion either, lol... he might make it his home to be honest...

i do think i will attempt to tackle zion with my hardcore mexicano, sanchez... this add-on looks like his kind of survivalist environment... i think he will fit in perfectly with the world of zion... perhaps never leaving zion either, lol... he might make it his home to be honest...

That's for sure, it's a survivalist environment.

The Yao Guai shred through all my power armor

and even at over 100,000 caps it gets expensive

to repair. Another reason I used the White Legs

and Gecko backed, there's no shortage of it. Also

even just now, going back for more Tomahawks to

add poison to, the White Legs take 2-3 blows from

most weapons. I would say the Giant Greens and Giant

Yao Guai's are the hardest core. I have tried to stay

tribal with limited tech but sometimes open a can

of Flamer+ with a little Ranger's Sequoia on Zion.

Would be interesting to see how one does in hardcore mode.

Another bonus there - the clean water for healthing up. (Y)

• Like 1

there has been a few good pieces of armor but, not much in the line of weapons... something tells me "old world blues" will change that...

Shit, you saw the holo-axe in the Qore episode. That thing had better be tough enough to keep my Legion tribal alive through the entire game. That Tesla coil hammer looked pretty sweet, too.

what about that gigantic ball at the end of a charged pole?? lemme see if i can find a screen;

Capture.png

that's the best i can do... i saw it a few times in the preview, it looked like it was bigger than the player that was swinging it :D... i so want that for my melee character...

-----------

@synch - i thought you were playing with a hardcore character since you're always mentioning crafting and collecting herbs and stuff... there are cheaper ways to repair your power armor though... steal the supplies lying around in hidden valley, or buy cheap metal armors if you have the jury rigging perk, which i don't know why anyone wouldn't take that perk...

no wonder you have a shitload of caps, lol... you gotta pay for your highly expensive armor repairs :lol:... bones wears medium armor, which can be scarce to find at times for repair... but delilah and sanchez rock some good light armors, which can be repaired with just about everything...

delilah is a tank too, she can take some punishment, she has a DT of 5 buck naked :D... putting on some decent light armor makes her just as effective as someone with reinforced armor... and i was actually thinking of upping her DT another 3 points with another perk...

alas, she is pretty poor though, at only a merely 6,500 caps, she can't really buy anything she wants like my other character bones... he's got over 50,000 caps, and he's even bought all the expensive implants... but she pretty much spends money as soon as she gets it... plus energy weapon ammo isn't nearly as cheap as regular ammo...

@synch - i thought you were playing with a hardcore character since you're always mentioning crafting and collecting herbs and stuff... there are cheaper ways to repair your power armor though... steal the supplies lying around in hidden valley, or buy cheap metal armors if you have the jury rigging perk, which i don't know why anyone wouldn't take that perk...

no wonder you have a shitload of caps, lol... you gotta pay for your highly expensive armor repairs :lol:... bones wears medium armor, which can be scarce to find at times for repair... but delilah and sanchez rock some good light armors, which can be repaired with just about everything...

delilah is a tank too, she can take some punishment, she has a DT of 5 buck naked :D... putting on some decent light armor makes her just as effective as someone with reinforced armor... and i was actually thinking of upping her DT another 3 points with another perk...

alas, she is pretty poor though, at only a merely 6,500 caps, she can't really buy anything she wants like my other character bones... he's got over 50,000 caps, and he's even bought all the expensive implants... but she pretty much spends money as soon as she gets it... plus energy weapon ammo isn't nearly as cheap as regular ammo...

This game, she's like a cyborg terminator but with charisma. :P

Strength 6

Perception 7

Endurance 9

Charisma 8

Intelligence 7

Agility 6

Luck 7

Not sure where to see the bare DT level but in most of the

menus there are a lot of 6's unarmed and no clothes.

Keep in mind this is only my second game, learned from the first.

Max out the Strength and Intel at the beginning at the Doc's.

That way any special books rank, as well as Dr.Usanagi's add-ons. (I have them all)

It's just the Remnants armor that breaks down.

I have a tendency to take on 20 enemies at once.

I have both Remnants sets, one from Gannon, one from the Deathclaw Promentory.

The T-45d and T-51b sets take damage, but not as much as the Remnants.

Funny because it's supposedly the strongest armor in the game.

I used the T-45d gifted armor most of the game.

Up until the end, I kept very good karma, not stealing, not fighting the Legion, etc.

No reason to steal, there is free stuff/gifts everywhere, and no one had

the Gecko backed armor until Honest Hearts. Once I finished everything except

the final mission and turning in my 114 star bottle caps for the Pew-Pew,

I massacred the Fort and Caesar in one attack alone. Then started the

final achievement quest for pickpocketing which really lowers your karma.

But it's great that at 100 sneak, seems no one can even see you.

So now back to wasting Fiends at Vault 3 and surrounding hiding places,

and Ghouls, to bring the karma back up. Will turn in the star caps soon.

Nope, there's nothing weak about this character. She's also got all the

special take down moves and that's probably why the damage to the armor,

likes to fight martial arts bare hand, or poisoned weapons. Very cool.

Also, the energy ammo is pretty much free at the BoS bases.

If you're gonna pay this much for a game, get the most out of it.

I always did with all the GTA games after 100% as well.

Plus, I just love the option of crafting, repairing, making

ammo and stuff, it just enhances the Fallout world.

When I do the hardcore mode game it won't be for exploring, just the achievement.

And I don't plan that waste of time anytime soon, I want the DLC's first. B)

The reason I have a shitload of caps is because I explore everything,

make my own stuff, kill/loot everything, and sell it at max barter. :lol:

• Like 2

you can check your core DT stats in the items menu... unequip your armor and it should say what it is above the item listings... unfortunately, i destroyed the brotherhood bunker on my caeser file, who happens to be an energy weapons expert so i kind of screwed myself out of regenerating ammo from that container, and from trading with the merchant there as well :P...

you can check your core DT stats in the items menu... unequip your armor and it should say what it is above the item listings... unfortunately, i destroyed the brotherhood bunker on my caeser file, who happens to be an energy weapons expert so i kind of screwed myself out of regenerating ammo from that container, and from trading with the merchant there as well :P...

I thought it was pretty stupid that the NCR bitch in command at Hoover

wanted to destroy it as well. She had almost no alternative dialogs for

any of her shit missions. Great Khans are allies, totally cool, but not

to her. You even get bad karma for suggesting that the BoS will support

the NCR, and she complains that the embassy dude will have a field day.

There was no way I was going to do what she said, and if that meant failing

the mission and end of game right there, fine with me. I hated that cunt.

Turns out the suggested truce gives way to her complaint dialog, and the NCR infamy.

I'm not sure if you know but after those last missions with either Caesar

or the NCR bitch, the Great Khan Armory (underground storm cellar) is

basically closed, you won't have the option to buy or sell with them.

They were ten times better than the BoS base girl. By the way, after

the last patch, the hidden back door to her store under the floor, is

now closed, so no one can sneak in there and steal the stack of T-45d armor....

• Like 1

that sucks about locking the door... there was a ton of power armor lying around back there... do they sell MF cells in that great kahn bunker?? if so, i'll have to go check that out, i forgot about that trade spot...

--------------------------------

delilah10.jpg

aww, did i do that?? :o... notice the smile in the after shot :D...

--------------------------------

on a side note, i think i might be on to something... have you ever heard this scratchy caribbean tune play quietly every now and then?? you might think it's just a part of the soundtrack but you are wrong... i heard that sound while questing thru the REPCONN test site... at first i thought it was perhaps a server or machine putting off this scratchy sound... then, i turn around and notice this on the desk;

171px-FO3HulaGirl.png

could this be THAT sound i keep barely noticing in the background?? are these things sensor activated and play a tune when i am near by?? i walked away and returned but it never did anything... i will keep my ears peeled to the environment and be on the lookout for another one in an area i have not yet discovered... i could be on to something here...

• Like 1

that sucks about locking the door... there was a ton of power armor lying around back there... do they sell MF cells in that great kahn bunker?? if so, i'll have to go check that out, i forgot about that trade spot...

on a side note, i think i might be on to something... have you ever heard this scratchy caribbean tune play quietly every now and then?? you might think it's just a part of the soundtrack but you are wrong... i heard that sound while questing thru the REPCONN test site... at first i thought it was perhaps a server or machine putting off this scratchy sound... then, i turn around and notice this on the desk;

171px-FO3HulaGirl.png

could this be THAT sound i keep barely noticing in the background?? are these things sensor activated and play a tune when i am near by?? i walked away and returned but it never did anything... i will keep my ears peeled to the environment and be on the lookout for another one in an area i have not yet discovered... i could be on to something here...

I've seen those things literally everywhere. Never heard anything.

They are in all offices, and most barracks. Would be cool if they did play a tune.

On a similar note, we still don't know what the welding rods are for either.

I still find on occasion, items that can't be picked up. Toy cars, food plants.

Tonight I examined an ash pile by Crimson Caravan, and a dialog took over. Weird.

It was a traveling vendor's text about if I need anything. When I finally got

into the ash pile, and took what was there - loss of karma for pickpocketing! L0L.

Better than the MF cells, if I didn't mention this here or on the old forum,

the BoS bunkers that did not lead to the Brotherhood, with all the rubble

behind the doors - have mini-nukes and other ammo. Jump over the rubble.

Some may have a hard time because of the high lock skill required, but maybe

finding rare mini-nukes will give yall incentive to use a lockpick book if

you don't have the skill. I couldn't believe they had nukes in the rubble.

Finally turned in my star caps, I actually had 118, more than I thought.

Wouldn't you know it, the next bottle of Sunset that I drank, had a star cap,

which quickly the message changed to bottle cap added.

Has anyone taken the bug-eating perk? I'm getting tired of eating insects.

Thought after awhile the game would add some form of challenge.

Nope. Bugs for dessert as well. :lol:

• Like 1