Massacre

Fallout

in case anyone wanted to see my fallout chronicles visually, minus most of my fallout 3 escapades, check out this link...

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/artistadam/fallout/

there's some fallout 3 images but, i did take more shots of my new vegas journey with the 3 different characters... for having to use a digital camera picture of a PS3 build in 720HD, then connected to the PC, plus using photoshop to crop and size (all in 5 minutes tops)... hmm, not too shabby at times :D... good times...

This topic should be deleted so Bones can make it.

bOnEs isn't the Warlord of the Wastes, I am.

Besides, bOnEs and Stoic have already made Fallout topics, and Synch never makes topics, so it's my turn.

I used to, back in the GTA days. Mostly rare things, tricks, etc.

I did make the RAGE topic in other games, old forum.

Thanks for making the Fallout topic, I'll try not to spam it up as much as I did the other ones....

On topic - my snowglobes are sorted out. Just give them all to Jane. DLC snowglobes are auto.

Also to anyone playing female, it's worth the purchase to buy the Naughty Nightwear from Mick & Ralph's.

It boosted my courier to 100+ speech.

• Like 1

the naughty nightwear is owned by all my characters... mainly because of the +1 to luck but, it does look nice on my female character... but then again, i really don't wear it since i have the prostitute outfit... that looks the best on my character :D...

Thanks for making the Fallout topic, I'll try not to spam it up as much as I did the other ones....

Nonsense. If it's Fallout-related at all, it's not spam, and I want to see it.

• Like 1

Nonsense. If it's Fallout-related at all, it's not spam, and I want to see it.

Okay then, another tiny boring detail. [You have been warned]

If you are a fan of the Service Rifle carried by most NCR Troopers, here is a way to get unlimited ones. I found this by accident after first trying out the "NCR Emergency Radio". I called for back up near the Novac room, and dragged a trooper with me into the fire ant desert. I was having fun sniping them and I noticed through my scope he had ran ahead and was over by the tunnel hole. Of course he was incinerated, with the on-screen message, "Your follower has died". So you loot him.

Then over at CampMcarren I noticed I could still recruit, and grabbed a Ranger. This one lived, and just stays near the entrance to the base.

So I go back to the desert and there that trooper is every single time, dying once I arrive.

Unlimited Service Rifles. Even though I don't use them after modding the first one, I guess you could make a lot of caps of the dead guys' stuff. Also I am guessing the same would work for planting a trooper outside Vault 3 or other known areas that swarm with enemies. Try it!

• Like 1

That could come in handy on my hardcore file. I don't plan on using them, of course, I just want to sell them to pay for a stockpile of water for my safehouse, either for display, or in case shit gets real at some point. My hardcore file is strictly any lever-action or bolt-action rifle, Chance's Knife, and frag mines for my camps and safehouse, no service rifle for me.

My safehouse, while I'm thinking about it: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40928#fileanchor

• Like 1

That could come in handy on my hardcore file. I don't plan on using them, of course, I just want to sell them to pay for a stockpile of water for my safehouse, either for display, or in case shit gets real at some point. My hardcore file is strictly any lever-action or bolt-action rifle, Chance's Knife, and frag mines for my camps and safehouse, no service rifle for me.

My safehouse, while I'm thinking about it: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40928#fileanchor

Cool safehouse. Looks like it's got everything you could ever need. If there were nails, hang bodies.

I'm constantly noticing the sales/barter/caps issues. Don't think I would limit myself to certain weapons on something as serious as hardcore mode, but in that case think about each time you loot the guy, his NCR outfits when fully repaired bring in the caps as well. Just the shoot-outs between fiends and troopers over by McCarren yields loads of caps. Where I used to recommend the strong back perk, now I'm recommending the fast travel while overencumbered perk as well. That shit has served me well on this file. Load up and fly out to Gun Runners or one of those types, which always reset to having 8,000 caps on hand. I've cleaned the vendortron out a few times.

• Like 1

that safehouse, massacre, is very near my own safehouse... my evil character delilah stays at a house in nipton... it doesn't provide a well rested but then again, this isn't a hardcore file... it's the house across from the general store there... the one with a briefcase stashed almost under one of the beds...

you guys have no clue how relatively easy hardcore mode is, QD can attest to that... i thought i had to stock up on things but, there's such an abundance of items out there that you'll actually find yourself collecting stuff to make desert salads and repair kits... water is everywhere and not to mention inside most toilets... you'll mainly be collecting to craft meals for healing... so start grabbing every single pinyon nut you run across...

don't forget bighorner steaks too... good source for health outside combat and also provides +1 to strength for those times when you need an extra 10 pounds of strength without the addiction...

Yeah, it's easy. That's why I'm putting so many restrictions on that file. I only use the weapons I listed, despite the vast amount of Rad-X and Radaway I'm finding, I never drink irradiated water, and while there's a large herd of bighorners near the safehouse I downloaded, I won't kill them. Rather, I find myself frequently protecting them from the Centaurs that wander out of their nearby spawn point.

I'm not even touching the main quests, I got up to the point where I need to go to Boulder City and just gave up on the main story to do all the side quests and find all the locations. A word of advice: Don't go to the crashed vertibird at level 8. Ouch...

• Like 1

I actually made it to the Tesla-Beaton Prototype before I died, but I didn't have any ammo for it. Forgot it takes Electron Charge Packs. Probably wouldn't have done much anyway, I've never bothered with putting points in energy weapons.

And it would have been a real bitch to fight my way through Vault 34 at that level. Definitely would've had to steer clear of the Overseer.

• Like 1

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Kaminoman/Bethesda_denies_DLC_release_rumors

at least they said that in the next couple of weeks they will finally lay out their plans for DLC... i've been waiting for nearly a month for news on the next DLC's... it may be non-news but, bethesda has finally addressed the situation...

you'll actually find yourself collecting stuff to make desert salads and repair kits...

you'll mainly be collecting to craft meals for healing... so start grabbing every single pinyon nut you run across...

don't forget bighorner steaks too... good source for health outside combat

Erm, yah been doing that the whole time anyway. That's half the fun for me.

It's the fresh pears that I seem to burn through. The bean pods and pinyon nuts are pretty easy to find.

There are some areas that are more abundant than others. Same with the Xander root for stimpacks.

Of course it's different for hardcore mode. There I wouldn't be exploring as much.

Don't think I'll be getting around to a hardcore game anytime soon.

I actually made it to the Tesla-Beaton Prototype before I died, but I didn't have any ammo for it.

Forgot it takes Electron Charge Packs. Probably wouldn't have done much anyway, I've never bothered with putting points in energy weapons.

That gun is the shizznit if you know how and when to use it.

If you help the Brotherhood, they give you millions of ECP rounds in the drop box.

I remember fighting through the robots there, but guess I always have done it at higher levels.

Wish I could have schematics for pulse grenades and stealth boys.

Seem to be limited in the normal game, but I always stock up on both.

Massacre did you see if ED-E is violent upon return from Dead Money yet?

bOnEs said his was okay but he's on PS.

• Like 1

The one character I have in the Madre right now didn't pick ED-E up. I'll do a speed run some time this weekend to see if my little eyebot buddy goes ballistic on me.

• Like 1

If you help the Brotherhood, they give you millions of ECP rounds in the drop box.

I remember fighting through the robots there, but guess I always have done it at higher levels.

wow, i don't think i ever got that weapon with my energy weapons expert, delilah... i forgot about it!!

just a reminder too, i sent ED-E to the lucky 38 before i even entered the bunker...

wow, i don't think i ever got that weapon with my energy weapons expert, delilah... i forgot about it!!

How did you not find this??

Tesla-Beaton Prototype...and many more....

Dude. I won't say it......

But you don't get everywhere, like you should.

How about the Deathclaw Promontory?

Only place to get the Enclave armor for free, no mission work....

Sure, you got the Enclave armor from that dude in the Followers...

but did you do the deathclaw promontory??

It is the alternative egg location for Red Lucy.

Legate Lanius area, across the river from the prospector's location.

There's about 30 deathclaws to kill. Big juicy wet sniping fun. OMFG. So good.

• Like 1

How did you not find this??

Tesla-Beaton Prototype...and many more....

Dude. I won't say it......

But you don't get everywhere, like you should.

How about the Deathclaw Promontory?

Only place to get the Enclave armor for free, no mission work....

Sure, you got the Enclave armor from that dude in the Followers...

but did you do the deathclaw promontory??

It is the alternative egg location for Red Lucy.

Legate Lanius area, across the river from the prospector's location.

There's about 30 deathclaws to kill. Big juicy wet sniping fun. OMFG. So good.

well, i found the tesla-beaton with my first file but, he's not an energy weapons guy... then i forgot about it on my second file because i already had a bunch of badass energy weapons like the pew pew and YCS186...

and yes, i haven't explored every location... sorry, GEEZ!!... i just don't ever feel the need to see EVERYTHING... sometimes i am just thinking to myself, "i'll go there on my next file" and never do, or i just forget about it... i've only taken the explorer perk with one file, which shows all locations but, i still haven't explored them all with that file... there's still probably 20 or more locations i haven't been to... it doesn't really bother me either to be honest... i don't HAVE TO see it all because, i've already seen plenty enough...

i haven't been to the secret deathclaw sanctuary yet... and quite frankly, i haven't even been to the cave that houses the legendary one... i've cleared out the quarry for that thorn mission but, i tend to stay away from deathclaws for the most part...

i still haven't gotten a full set of enclave armor, just the helmet... perhaps maybe i should hit up that sanctuary so i can at least get the full set of armor... how do you reach it? by swimming east from cottonwood cove and following the coastline north or south??

i haven't been to the secret deathclaw sanctuary yet... and quite frankly, i haven't even been to the cave that houses the legendary one... i've cleared out the quarry for that thorn mission but, i tend to stay away from deathclaws for the most part...

i still haven't gotten a full set of enclave armor, just the helmet... perhaps maybe i should hit up that sanctuary so i can at least get the full set of armor... how do you reach it? by swimming east from cottonwood cove and following the coastline north or south??

That's basically what I did. North from Cottonwood Cove.

It will be on the right hand (Legate's Camp) side of the river.

Stealth, companions, sniping....take the helmet with you to help

the prospector spawn. I found that I was using the Thump-Thump to

not only wipe out all the deathclaws but to also help bury the bodies

under the game surface. In the end, I had to go back a few times and

not use grenades and then it worked.

Also check out the somewhat psychedelic cave using the rebreather.

That's just east of the crashed airplane in the water.

• Like 1

i shouldn't have much of a problem clearing out from a distance... i have the anti-material rifle for distance shots and the chainsaw for up close and personal, and the silenced sniper rifle for sneak kills... if i ever go there on my energy weapons file, they're toast... seriously, i think my energy weapons character delilah is by far the most powerful character i have... my gambling fool first file is still a little rough around the edges but, has pretty decent skills... he's more balanced whereas delilah is more geared towards specific skills...

i've always wanted to check out that cave your mentioned... i saw it pop up on the map when i took the explorer perk but, i haven't made it out that way since... yup, i did a ton of exploring but, this game just offers up a ton of locations... and you guys are probably all still on your first file, minus massacre, who's probably on his 15th character... i have beat the game with 3 different ones and plan on starting up a 4th after i've played all the add-ons with my other characters... there's no time to see everything when i am managing 3 different files :D...

i shouldn't have much of a problem clearing out from a distance... i have the anti-material rifle for distance shots and the chainsaw for up close and personal, and the silenced sniper rifle for sneak kills... if i ever go there on my energy weapons file, they're toast... seriously, i think my energy weapons character delilah is by far the most powerful character i have... my gambling fool first file is still a little rough around the edges but, has pretty decent skills... he's more balanced whereas delilah is more geared towards specific skills...

i've always wanted to check out that cave your mentioned... i saw it pop up on the map when i took the explorer perk but, i haven't made it out that way since... yup, i did a ton of exploring but, this game just offers up a ton of locations... and you guys are probably all still on your first file, minus massacre, who's probably on his 15th character... i have beat the game with 3 different ones and plan on starting up a 4th after i've played all the add-ons with my other characters... there's no time to see everything when i am managing 3 different files :D...

That's pretty cool you can actually access 3 different games at any time.

On the 360 they save by date, so my first file is like saves 1-77.

It goes like:

today

yesterday

the save before that

and downwards so you have to scroll.

I'm on my 2nd game and haven't bogged up the saves

except for major ones, so it's like saves 78 - 84.

Started this one after completing the first game and the DLC.

This character is 10x stronger and more intelligent.

Learn from our mistakes first game.

[This time finished Raul's mission, and alot of that kind of cleanup]

About the cave I found it before taking the perk, but the

surprise for me was the rebreather first game. That was a

gift from the Fallout gods for underwater exploring. There are

a few caves under the water but the one by the plane goes down

so far that you have to have the rebreather, and it's all like

colorful coral and fish and stuff, like that trippy mission in Point Lookout.

I couldn't believe how much stuff there was to find on the first play,

duffel bags out in the waste and tons of hollowed out rocks.

So again I got hooked on finding stuff so I could make money and

craft everything possible. Still haven't really made many weapons.

A few explosives. Unlike Fallout 3, I just bought a shishkebob

instead of making hundreds of them. And yeah that chainsaw rules!

On that Delilah chick file if you took the Black Widow, you've

noticed it is much better than Fallout 3 Black Widow. Doors

literally open for ladies everywhere in New Vegas. As well as

it seems at least for the beginning of the game a lot of the outfits

and hats have a much better skill percentage, like the Naughty Nightwear.

I just got all 7 globes stashed in the Presidential Suite of Lucky 38.

Now to get all the loot moving from the safe......

• Like 1

The Black Widow perk and, what is it, Chez la Femme? You know, the lesbian one, have worked out incredibly well for my female character. She doesn't have to do shit.

• Like 1

not only does she have the black widow perk but, she also has the cherchez la femme perk too :D... she's totally bi... although, those options hardly ever popped up... the black widow on the other hand definitely had it's uses ;)... and yes, you do learn a lot from your first file, which explains why she is so badass...

i have only crafted maybe 2 weapons total... there's just not enough cool options like there was in fallout 3...

and holy crap, i only have one save for each character... i also have a dummy save for those times when i am not ready to save over my original file just yet, but i do want to save the game... i used that dummy file for dead money so i didn't have to save over the original file until i got back from the sierra madre... i never saw the need to go back to a save from 2 hours before... if i missed something or messed something up, i just lived with the consequences... i didn't want to load my harddrive up with a million different fallout saves... i know a lot of people do that but, i don't want to...

i miss the railway rifle too :(...

if i don't get bothered tonight by my friends (i sure sound like a good friend don't i, lol) i'll take it upon myself to do some exploring tonight... the problem is my game is starting to do that freeze thing again, only it seems to be more frequent than it ever was... any time i enter a place with a bunch of people and/or scripts running (north new vegas, camp searchlight, freeside), it slows the game down and eventually locks up... i hope there is a patch coming soon... i thought obsidian said there was one coming last month... it wasn't like this until i got back from the sierra madre on each file...

but, if all goes well, i'll hit up deathclaw sanctuary tonight... and hopefully the game doesn't freeze after killing a few like it was doing in camp searchlight... but first things first, i haven't been to primm's pass yet... i want to see what kind of shortcut it is so i can make a judgement call on the next file i start up... do i head to the outpost or push on through to the east? :D...