CaPn bOnEs

iGTA MP Event - Apr. 14 (PS3)

They aint that bad. You should seen how crap some of the shots lookes without them. I always take 1 standard shot and one with filters and then eliminate the shittier one.

I doubt that they look worse. Maybe at night in the city but during daylight having no filter looks better. When used properly, they can make good pics, but more often than not they look pretty ugly.

I was looking foward to seeing some shots in particular tonight and I was a little disappointed when I saw they had unnecessary filters.

• Like 2

sepia excluded, they ARE that bad. haven't seen really any shot with them that looks good. mine included. especially mine! hell even when i was in the darkrooms, we never used 'em. 'photographers don't use filters, graphic designers do' was what the professor said all the time. hehehe

also i don't count black/white option as a filter. did my photography courses in film. no b/w filters ffs, it was b/w film! dammit! :lol:

• Like 2

The natural lighting is usually breathtaking all by itself. I only use filters if it's very dark, or I'm deliberately going for a feel like the roaring 20s V-day Massacre or the old school feel of my Tornado shots.

• Like 2

They were ok I suppose, I honestly don't remember much of them (long night). However, I'm pretty sure we didn't do yours because it was a long playlist and DiO felt it was only fair to remove yours due to your absence.

I'm sure we'll get to try it eventually.

non filtered photos sometime just don't bring out what you're shooting... i take a ton of pics without filters but since it was muscle car night, i used the 70's looking filter to add to the feel...

• Like 1

icon11.gif

I didn't put hers in because I couldn't confirm how long it was. To be safe I took it out. The day before I played one of IKILLYOU's matches and it was 20 minutes. You can't change the length of captures from a mission lobby. only the creator can. 20 minutes is way to long especially in a long playlist. Didn't want to chance it.

Some feedback would be nice on the ones we did play.

Only one of mine in the main list was the one at the airport

after, ace me kuz and bones played one in the desert with Roosevelts. and one at the altruists camp. Those were mine. I'd like to know what yous thought of them.

The altruists needs for tweaking for sure. The spawn for the second team is fucked. and I think the altruists are too hard. Might turn down their accuracy. Maybe only give all of them a pistol

icon11.gif

*post cuts [edit: got on a new page too, OWNED!]

http://socialclub.ro...olEi19_E0NnIK-A

heres the list to refresh your memory

1960 Muscle theft - I liked it. Good centralized action for a GTA capture. Went over well. People on the other team said their base was further away. I wouldnt know but look into it.

Dirt on the Runway - this was mine. people seemed to enjoy it.

Hustle In Tha' Hood - I liked this one. 3 teams and cops, it was pretty chaotic. I enjoyed kicking big bosses ass in this one and making him say "i'm done"

some suggested to turn cops off. IDK If I would

Hookers And Jackals - Cool concept. Might go better as a mission when that creator comes out. but your for sure trying something different. dumb how the hookers wont respawn in the car but that is hardly your fault. it was still funny driving by them and getting shot. The capture played fairly well. wouldn't suggest doing it with small numbers. we had a lot and it felt spread out. but it played pretty good. I got my ass kicked in this one. just wast my time haha. but i liked it

BRING THE MUSCLE BACK - would have played a lot like ghostman's but ace didn't have a car respawn. I ended up running around, not seeing anyone for over half the capture. It pissed me off pretty good. fix that and im sure it will play like ghost's.

Junk in the Trunk! - this one was madness. Maybe me favorite of the night. the capture objective number was really high but still went fast. it was pretty nuts.

• Like 2

There wasn't much good light during our photo shoot. It rained. And with regards to photography, I know filters are a no go, bit I'm not a photographer and this is just a game. I capture the action the way I see it, if you're not happy with filters, take your own snaps :P

• Like 3

^well said...

i am having a hard time remembering a couple of the jobs...

60's muscle was ok, i think i was on the team that spawned a little too far away from the targets...

la puerta freeway... i don't really remember this one, i think it was OK, but i remember finishing near the back of the pack...

dirt on the runway was cool... at one point i was going after a package and my team kept telling me to follow them... i was like "i'm going after the package!"... they told me, "you're already carrying one!!"... lol, good times... i don't know how the other base was set up but it was cool to have to take it into an interior... makes me wanna create others that do the same...

stoopid race... i did a little better in this one... i didn't get stuck on a couple of checkpoints like some others did...

hustle in tha hood... the cops man!! holy shit they were though and a bit much... i died by cops a lot in that match...

life's a dukes... a nice country cruise... i fared well on it if i remember correctly...

hookers and jackals... yea, the concept was cool but it just didn't quite work... during testing i saw a hooker drive a car all the way to sandy shores, so there's a bit of uncertainty with it... but i too liked being shot at by hookers... it was kind of funny :lol:...

vinewood hills rally... another off-road race that i did decent at... once i learned to take my time, i was passing people quite rapidly... i wish i would of learned that early on, i might of placed in the top 3...

bring the muscle back... i think it was fun, but this one of the ones i don't really remember...

roundabout... a solid race... i've fared well at it every time i played it exept last night... i got thrown off a bridge by a random in a futo and it ruined my entire race, lol...

junk in the trunk... sorry skooler, i just don't really remember this one either... i was getting pretty drunk by the end of the playlist lol...

• Like 2

wasn't tryin to tread on yer shots dup, just sayin filters blow. sorry if it came off that way and besides, i know yer no photographer dude, go crazy with em. But, if I did that stuff, i feel like my old teacher would smack me up side my head for knowin better. lol

Nah it wasn't that really, I know it aint just my snaps with filters on. Kuz said he was disappointed to see filters all over the snaps, so it was mainly aimed towards him. I don't really care though, it's all a bit of fun, we do it every week, and I know we all enjoy looking at the snaps as past-times of each event.

I wasn't talking about random shots you take own your own DuPz. I couldn't care less about what you do with those. They're yours (Go head witcha bad self). I'm talking about the more organized photos. When a group of ppl work together to create a shot, it becomes their photo, not any one person. It's a team effort. I can't drift around the fucking corner and take the photo at the same time. I was simply stating that some filters can make a good photo look bad. That's it.

icon11.gif

filters have their purpose. they are more or less necessary at night time. too dark otherwise. i use them here and there to make sunflares bigger. thats about it

you know, you can take pics too, kuz :P... i know you do, but take more!! these are only our interpretations on how we see it... photography and art is always thru the eyes of the one capturing it... i like to think i have an eye for that, and before every shot, i go thru the filters to see if one stands out more than the other if the natural light doesn't work... plus i posted all of the ones i took, and everyone knows i take a million pictures just to find the right ones... if i limited it to just the few that were actually good, then it'd make my collection look better... oh, and like i said, i went overboard with the 70's filter because it was muscle car week :D...

those drift pics weren't turning out anyways unfortunately, and the non-filtered light was downing out the scene... i would prefer to see smoke too, it looks like you guys aren't even moving... i needed to get a lot closer to get that shot right, but it is so hard to capture a moving target as well...

and the damn rain ruined the motel pic, but with the vibrant filter, it brought the attention back to the scene... sorry about the gas station pics tho, i didn't snap any good ones there... can't always get the pic unfortunately...

damn, we didn't really do a drag race tourney either, that sounded like a good time...

Yeah I wish there was more smoke too but you can see the skid marks and a little smoke trailing our cars.

Plus the cars are leaning and shows that theres motion.

It's Easter weekend but that doesn't translate well like the other hols we've done so far.

Someone mentioned a drag race tourney...or what about another class of vehicles?