Sign in to follow this  
fstr21

question about accepting missions and distance

So i get the alerts on the phone about the missions, and it includes the distance. Is there a way I can fast travel or know the location of it so when I accept and host, the entire game isnt miles away from the mission?

example ill get a mission from ron that says maybe 4000 meters away. i accept and host, and the entire team would be 4000 meters away struggling to find transportation to the destination.

Yeah, back out of the text, drive in one direction for a few seconds, then check back on the text to see if you're any closer as the distance will change, if you are closer you know you're heading in the right direction and you can repeat this process until your hearts content, and when you start the mission you'll end up as near your destination as you want. Thats the simplest way anyway.

Jesus, that seems incredibly counter intuitive, at the very least maybe taxi fast travel there, Id host tons more of those missions if it meant not having to screw the team over.

I never said unreasonable, Im happy to drive to the location if they gave me a location and not having to check the distance after I make every turn.

Thats fine and all, my point is say I do violent duct, which is say...4000m away, so now I spawn 3 other players and we have to drive 4000m. Id rather drive there solo and then start it or have it warp everyone at a reasonable distance.

If you get a mission offer and it's 4000 miles away, don't accept it if you don't like the journey to get there. There are plenty of other ways to start jobs, you and your crew can walk into a marker together or you can host and invite them.

Driving to get to a mission is a perfect chance for a race with friends. Driving is pretty fun, I love GTA since my 8 years old because of driving. I have 20 years now and I only play GTA Online to make money to mod my cars and of course: RACING. I really don't care if they take out the weapons of the game tomorrow. For me GTA is all about cars since GTA 2.

If you get a mission offer and it's 4000 miles away, don't accept it if you don't like the journey to get there.

What if he doesn't have time to fly to Liberty City?

He can skip the ride. At an extra cost of course.

If you get a mission offer and it's 4000 miles away, don't accept it if you don't like the journey to get there.

What if he doesn't have time to fly to Liberty City?

Touche...There's always time to fly to Liberty City.

I can't believe he's complaining about having to race friends to a mission, but whatever.