Sign in to follow this  
bowserbr

How vehicle issurance REALLY works?

Hey guys! I have seen a topic about vehicle issurance in the SP section, but it works different in GTA Online so I started this topic.

Well, you get one free insurance for your first car in GTAO in that mission with Lamar (Its in the very beginning, so I will not use spoiler tags). But how it works when you have a garage or a safehouse with a garage? Can you issurance more than one car? And about some glitch they are talking about? When you get kicked by a player you can have you car lost and the issurance company is gone of your contacts in your phone. I saved 130k and I am about to buy an apartment with 6 car space garage. The cars I drive there will have a tracker installed automatically and I can buy issurance for them? So when you have more than one issuranced car how you can chose one to start mission with them etc? Have anyone lost a car permanently with issurance in it?

when you have insurance, when your car is destroyed, you call the number and it respawns your car at some parking lot.

With tracking, when you put a tracker and insure a car, it replaces your old one as a default vehicle.

well i bought a 2 car garage and now own 2 cars, both have a tracker and both have insurance.

when i start a mission i'm usually given which ever one i used last before starting said mission, not had an issue with insurance, wrecked both and i got to pick which one to get back, get put into my garage, before that it was in some parking lot.

i did have one of my cars in the impound lot when i got kicked, it turned out they destroyed it and i only have to give the company a call to get it back.

Thanks, I bought the apartment with 6 car garage.

I have 3 cars with tracker / issurance:

The first car: mine is Gauntlet.

A Maseratti which I paid 10k to have insurance.

A Elegy. You can pick this one for free in LegendaryMotorsport site, It comes with Tracker and inssurance.

So I learned how it works with practice. You can have only 1 active vehicle or none.

When my car got to the impound, I almost called the Mechanic to deliver other to me, but I was afraid I would loss my impound vehicle, so I recovered it myself.

So when you got a car in the impound and get another active car the other one is destroyed so you can call insurance or is it lost forever? Or its just stays in the impound?

Thanks, I bought the apartment with 6 car garage.

I have 3 cars with tracker / issurance:

The first car: mine is Gauntlet.

A Maseratti which I paid 10k to have insurance.

A Elegy. You can pick this one for free in LegendaryMotorsport site, It comes with Tracker and inssurance.

So I learned how it works with practice. You can have only 1 active vehicle or none.

When my car got to the impound, I almost called the Mechanic to deliver other to me, but I was afraid I would loss my impound vehicle, so I recovered it myself.

So when you got a car in the impound and get another active car the other one is destroyed so you can call insurance or is it lost forever? Or its just stays in the impound?

If one of your insured cars is destroyed in any fashion, even from the impound destroying it, you just have to call the insurance company to replace it.

There is a chance of that happening, but I'm not sure what the odds are. I've had my Ruffian destroyed twice. Once, it returned in its true and glorious form. The second time, it was red and had no fairing, and removing the fairing isn't even an option at Los Santos Customs.

Guess there some bugs still happening with saved cars then. Apart from this mine has been running smoothly.... Oh well back to LS Customs to burn another hard earned 50k

My car got wrecked so I rang the insurance company, they delivered my car back to my garage but all the mods had gone?! Anyone else had this?

This happened to me. but after a mission the vehicle re-spawned with all the mods back.

I blew up my free Elegy because I've got funds for greater cars. Hopefully it's gone forever

lol, why not just sell it? Or is it not possible to? I plan on getting rid of mine once I have enough money to buy a Carbonizzare. I love that thing.