they do not seem very piratical being that small.

Yarr, matey.

How in the name of Doc Brown does spell check get piratical instead of practical? What does that even mean? :huh:

No, the font.

I might adjust the radar a little but this is what I'm going with. Kind of a halfway point of three separate bars and 1 mixed bar (for stoopud ppl dat means 2):

So health and armor are mixed with special under that.

If anyone else wants to have a go I'll make a news article at the end of this week for all of these.

The combined bars fits with what they did in GTA4 so I could see them doing that.

As for the font, I am still predicting that each charecter will have their own font in the final game.

this game is all about money, so i would assume a money font would work best for GTA V....

I would like to see a font much like your signature in GTA V.. It just fits, and it looks great..

I disagree with this^. Though bOnEs has a point, I think the font from the Micheal. Trevor. Franklin. artwork is a bit more ideal for this game, and imo, in blends in better.

Also, you guys have made some cool maps but I think the map is going to look more like an isosceles trapzium.

Something like this...

trpzd3.gif

Or this...

220px-Isosceles_trapezoid.svg.png

But then again, I guess that would look pretty strange with the map rotation.

Nice. Set up in that grid, it's like a buffet of graphical awesomeness.

Anyone recall reading if the character wheel is always on the screen or not?

" 3 bars for health, armor, and special ability under the radar" So why did u put them next to the radar ?

Nevermind, then i saw the updated HUDs.

Here's my HUD, it's not very flashy compared to some of the others but this is what I'm guessing the actual HUD will be close to

I like.

One issue I have: How are they going to produce a North marker on a square map?

That's actually a good question. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe there will be indicators pointing you in the direction you're meant to go, and additionally there will be a smaller directional compass within one of the corners of the square? Seems like that might be cluttered, though . . .

I was thinking a CoD-style compass at the top of the radar. Anybody hear of that space being occupied by another HUD element?