Indy

Mobile Devices

it's the people i know that have the 4GS that want the 5... it's buying whatever apple wants to sell, and i laugh at those... my smart friends buying the new phone are currently using the 4, it is a more significant upgrade... it's also why apple has a new phone every year... you think the samsung galaxy isn't going to be a yearly thing?? the phone companies weren't born yesterday, lol...

Difference between Apple and Samsung though is that Apple can support their phones with firmware updates for (more than) two years. With most Android phones you're left in the dark after a year.

• Like 1

das true, but their market is at least twice the size of apple's so it's easier to shit on their fans, plus they probably have a dozen different phones on the market... i think my 3rd gen ipod touch is eligible for the new IOS6 that was just released... haven't tried to upgrade it yet though...

If/when I get one, it'll be black. I'd never have a white phone. I don't get why you'd have something which such a brilliant display and then ruin the visual contrast of it by having a white bezel. Black bezel is better for everything.

• Like 2

atm I've got a shitty old blackberry because... Everyone has a blackberry (by everyone I mean most people my age, where I live). But I hope to get a new phone soon, most likely an iPhone 4s. Of course I'd want an iPhone 5, but that depends on how much it costs here. I'm not really concerned about an extra row of apps and an improved front-camera so it won't really effect me negatively at all if I get a 4s.

If/when I get one, it'll be black. I'd never have a white phone. I don't get why you'd have something which such a brilliant display and then ruin the visual contrast of it by having a white bezel. Black bezel is better for everything.

despite how you feel on color, if you plan on selling it at some point a year later, white is the way to go... most people put it in a gigantic protective case anyways, negating the color in the first place... but for some reason, white has a better resell value...

despite how you feel on color, if you plan on selling it at some point a year later, white is the way to go... most people put it in a gigantic protective case anyways, negating the color in the first place... but for some reason, white has a better resell value...

O_o Why would you buy something based on what it would be worth in the future? Buy what you want, and if you can't take the financial hit, you need to rethink what you're buying :P

O_o Why would you buy something based on what it would be worth in the future? Buy what you want, and if you can't take the financial hit, you need to rethink what you're buying :P

i don't know anyone who really does that, but statistics show the white ones sell better... perhaps for those that plan on buying next years model and selling the 5... in america it's pointless to buy to sell since a new contract gets you a cheap phone... it's europe that has to buy them at face value, where color could be factor, especially for day 1 online sales where you can expect to spend a highly marked up price just to get one...

i almost pre-ordered 2 wii u's for the sheer factor of selling them online day 1 for twice the price... but i thought better of it... if i lived in a country that didn't offer the phone a discounted price, i would try to buy 3 or 4 of them to sell... i am not missing my opportunity on the PS4 or xbox this next gen...

People still pay for out of contract phones though..... I can probably sell my iphone four for 250....

You have to have at least not bad credit to sign two year contracts so not everyone can get the phones for cheep

My wife just talked me into getting a galaxy S3... O_O i'm such a prostitute haha. She could sell sand to an Arab i swear! I didn't even want one, but she managed change my mind. Now i'm stuck with it for 2 years i might as well make the best of it... *downloads GTA 3*

I got some brushed metal brown looking one.

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-in-Amber-Brown.jpg

As you may know I use my phone a lot because I hate fucking about with a laptop all day.

I have HTCs, I have had three and all have been great budget smart phones.

sure it only has a shitty version of the snap dragon Processor but its cheap.

I have no contract, never had one.

I pay ten GBP a month, I get unlimited internet and texts and I get to keep the ten Pound Credit.

IPhones are not worth the money and IMO the Samsung isn't much better. but rather a Samsung Than an apple phone

about to go pick one of these up today... parents are paying for it for christmas so i don't have to actually pay for it, just the service... but i am doing a 2 week trial period because i am afraid that my service plan will still be shitty... but if it passes the test, i'll have myself a fancy new phone... if not, i'll go back to my old piece of shit phone...

this is my first iphone, so i am kind of excited... i am already used to the operating system from using ipod touches for a couple of years now, so there shouldn't be a learning curve of any sort... i should be able to jump right in... i am mostly excited about having a decent camera for once, and unlimited data since i have sprint...

yea, not a single store has one so i ordered it from sprint themselves... all the stores said they'll get lucky if they get any by thanksgiving, and even if they did, i would have to fight 20 other people that want the 2 phones they get... instead, sprint told me they always have them in stock, i just have to wait a couple of weeks for them to send it...

sure beats fighting someone in best buy for the only one they have in stock, after thanksgiving...

about to go pick one of these up today... parents are paying for it for christmas so i don't have to actually pay for it, just the service... but i am doing a 2 week trial period because i am afraid that my service plan will still be shitty... but if it passes the test, i'll have myself a fancy new phone... if not, i'll go back to my old piece of shit phone...

this is my first iphone, so i am kind of excited... i am already used to the operating system from using ipod touches for a couple of years now, so there shouldn't be a learning curve of any sort... i should be able to jump right in... i am mostly excited about having a decent camera for once, and unlimited data since i have sprint...

Whats wrong with verizon? I use them and they are great, no unlimited plan, but i have yet to have a problem, just dont watch a lot of youtube or netflix...

Hey bOnEs, are you gonna wait for the 4g version to be released? or is the iphone 5 already built with that in mind? I heard that some phones will need to be traded in for new models when 4g is finally rolled out.

Either way it's probably not worth the wait, as where-ever i go there is always a wifi hotspot to connect to...

it's 4G capable, wherever there's a sprint 4G network, i will automatically connect to it... but i don't think there is one around here anyways... maybe in the 2 years i have the contract there could be one put up around here... but 4G speed isn't a concern of mine, i would be happy with the 3G network as i've never had that either...