Is there a presence of Asian gangs in Los Angeles that could be appear in Los Santos?

Asian gangs in Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley) – Northern section

I know this list is pretty obvious, but I thought I would list the gangs which have been confirmed so far.

Gangs confirmed so far ~

1) "Families Street Gangs" ( a primarily black street gang based in 'Southern Los Santos' ) ( Main Identifier - they wear the colour "Green" ) ( the names of any "Individual Sets" for this gang are still unknown )

2) "Ballas Street Gangs" ( a primarily black street gang based in 'Southern Los Santos' ) ( Main Identifier - they wear the colour "Purple" ) ( the names of any "Individual Sets" for this gang are still unknown )

3) "Vagos Street Gangs" ( a primarily latino street gang based in 'Southern & Eastern Los Santos' ) ( Main Identifier - they probably wear the colour "Yellow"/ because that's what they wore in GTA SA ) ( the names of any "Individual Sets" for this gang are also unknown/ plus I could definitely see other latino gangs like the "Los Aztecas Street Gang" being included when the game finally comes out )

4) "The Lost Motorcycle Club" ( a primarily white biker gang based in 'Blaine County & It's Badlands' ) ( Main Identifier - they wear leather jackets with "The Lost MC" "Logo" on it/ also called "A Patch" ) ( this is the only Biker Gang confirmed so far, but I could definitely see the "Angels of Death MC" or new gangs being present when the game finally comes out/ like one similar to the real life Biker Gang - "The Mongols MC" )

Any other Street/ Biker Gangs or Criminal Organisations have yet to be confirmed, but could very possibly be in the game on release.

Potential Street/ Biker Gangs or Criminal Organisations ~

*Russian Mafia

*Chinese Mafia ( Triads )

*Japanese Mafia ( Yakuza )

*Korean Mafia or Korean Street Gangs

*Italian Mafia

*Albanian Mafia

*Mexican Mafia/ Drug Cartels

*Jamaican Street Gangs

*White Supremacist Street/ Prison Gangs

*A Criminal Syndicate/ Outfit with no specific ties to any one country

*A Biker Gang similar too "The Mongols MC". A real world biker gang, which is younger than most of the old biker gangs ( like the "Hells Angels" ), and includes a larger number of latino members than usual - which is weird because Biker Gang "patched members" are primarily white ( due to racist views of other ethnic groups ).

Well those 4 are confirmed. I would also think "Varrio Los Aztecas or VLA" will be back in the game. Possibly maybe one more Black and Latino gang too. Also would like to see 2 Asian street gangs, like possibly based on "Tiny Raskal Gang or TRG" and "Asian Boyz or ABZ" . Also I would think the Angels of Death MC are in it too. An also the Armenian Mafia, Chinese Triads, Russian Mafia, and a small La Cosa Nostra Outfit or Family seeing how in Real life Los Angeles there is an Mafia Family operating with huge ties to the Chicago Outfit.

• Like 1

That seems excessive. In the unlikely event there are any more gangs than what we already know about, it would probably be a Triad, Yakuza, or possibly Russian Mafia group (the professionals, the ones who are worth acknowledging) for Michael to deal with, and even that isn't very likely.

Outside of Franklin's individual missions, I doubt gangs will be even remotely important in Los Santos, just like they're not important in Los Angeles.

• Like 2

That seems excessive. In the unlikely event there are any more gangs than what we already know about, it would probably be a Triad, Yakuza, or possibly Russian Mafia group (the professionals, the ones who are worth acknowledging) for Michael to deal with, and even that isn't very likely.

Outside of Franklin's individual missions, I doubt gangs will be even remotely important in Los Santos, just like they're not important in Los Angeles.

I think that Michael could have a few Criminal Organisations that he deals with ( or competes with ), like the Russian Mafia, Italian Mafia, Triads, Yakuza, Drug Cartels or a Crime Syndicate.

While Franklin already has the Families, Ballas and Vatos Street Gangs to contend with, he could maybe have a couple more like an Asian Street Gang ( they could make it one of the Ballas Gangs/ since 'ABZ' has Crip Gangs ). Or maybe a White Supremacist Street Gang based in Vespucci Beach ( like in American History X ) to add in some variety.

American-History-X-1998-Edward-Norton.jpg

And as for Trevor, so far he only has "The Lost MC" to fuck around with, so maybe another two Biker Gangs could be added like the "Angels Of Death MC" or a Latino/ Native American Biker Gang based on "The Mongols MC".

• Like 1

While Franklin already has the Families, Ballas and Vatos Street Gangs to contend with, he could maybe have a couple more like an Asian Street Gang ( they could make it one of the Ballas Gangs/ since 'ABZ' has Crip Gangs ). Or maybe a White Supremacist Street Gang based in Vespucci Beach ( like in American History X ) too add in some variety.

I think that Michael could have a few Criminal Organisations that he deals with ( or competes with ), like the Russian Mafia, Italian Mafia, Triads, Yakuza, Drug Cartels or a Crime Syndicate.

While Franklin already has the Families, Ballas and Vatos Street Gangs to contend with, he could maybe have a couple more like an Asian Street Gang ( they could make it one of the Ballas Gangs/ since 'ABZ' has Crip Gangs ). Or maybe a White Supremacist Street Gang based in Vespucci Beach ( like in American History X ) too add in some variety.

American-History-X-1998-Edward-Norton.jpg

And as for Trevor, so far he only has "The Lost MC" to fuck around with, so maybe another two Biker Gangs could be added like the "Angels Of Death MC" or a Latino/ Native American Biker Gang based on "The Mongols MC".

The more likely thing would be that they each have past problems with certain gangs but they don't really 'contend' with different gangs separately. They are all working together so they'd only really contend with whoever they chose to steal from or shoot up.

The more likely thing would be that they each have past problems with certain gangs but they don't really 'contend' with different gangs separately. They are all working together so they'd only really contend with whoever they chose to steal from or shoot up.

When I say "contend", I mean what potential relationship the three protagonists have with the different Gangs and Criminal Organisations.

I.E. What criminals ( Gangs/ Organisations ) are more relevant to each of the characters personalities and backstories. And what interaction is more likely to happen between the characters and these criminals in the Main Story Missions. I know that each of the protagonists could go and kill enemies that they wouldn't usually deal with, in either the missions or during free-roam. As evidenced in IGN's "Hands-On" Article where in one mission Trevor goes with Franklin to fuck with some Gangbangers, which is a bit out of character for someone like him, because he wouldn't usually come into contact with Street Gangs in the area where he lives.

Plus if any Crime Organisations, Drug Cartels or Street Gangs decide to fuck with one of the Protagonists in the Story Missions, I'm sure that the other two will come to their defence and help them. Also I'm willing to bet that each character would probably have the ability to hire back up when going on missions to deal with their enemies/ just like they can in the heists missions ( so they're not alone in fighting their enemies ). But they won't always be fighting enemies together, so it makes sense that they have more traditional enemies to fight in the individual protag missions ( Street Gangs for Franklin/ Biker Gangs for Trevor/ and ??? for Michael ).

*Michael ~ Is a former Bank Robber who is now in the witness protection program. So looking at his backstory I would say that he has dealt with more Professional & Organised Criminal Groups, such as the Italian Mob or a Criminal Syndicate. He seems like more of a leader than the other two characters, so this would only reinforce him possibly having dealings with leaders of criminal groups involved with the same crimes he is perpetrating ( like Bank Robberies & Heists/ which for example the Italian Mob is also involved in )

*Trevor ~ Is also a former Bank Robber, but is now more involved with the criminal elements on the outskirts of Los Santos and it's Badlands. His main competitors ( who also dabble in illegal enterprises ) would be the Biker Gangs that infest the Region he lives in.

*Franklin ~ Is a former Grove St Gangbanger, and so has long time ties ( and beefs ) with the different Street Gangs in Los Santos's poorer areas ( in South & East L.S. ). Because he still has friends ( and possibly family ) in his old Street Gang, he will probably be forced on a few occasions to help them against their Rivals ( the Ballas & Vagos ). Even though he is looking to become a better class of criminal he hasn't entirely left his past behind.

Ummmm I don't know what your talking about because Los Angeles (Southgate) I live in is the gang capital of the world lol theres over hundereds of Crip, Blood, and Hoover Criminal gangs spread all over LA County including LA, Long Beach, San Fernando Valley, and Antelope Valleys. An over atleast a thousands of Sureno gang's spread ALL over LA County (LA, Long Beach, San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, San Gabriel Valley, and Antelope Valleys. With like 15 Maravilla gangs in Boyle Heights. Theres over a hundred Asian gangs spread ALL over LA County like LA, Long Beach, and the San Fernando Valley. The streets of LA is definitely about Street Gangs and Tag Crews. It's not as nearly as crazy as it was in the 80's or 90's but people still die over that shit.

I'm sure it's safe to say that FAMILIES, BALLAS, VAGOS, & LOST MC are in it. Im sure the "Varrio Los Aztecas or VLA" will be back aswell, along with maybe 1 new black hood and Hispanic hood. Maybe 2 new Asian street gangs too. Also another MC Gang too. Im expecting an Armenian Mafia, Chinese Triad, and Russian Mafia. They should add the Cosa Nostra Mafia Familys because in REAL life LA theres a small mafia outfit working and operating with help from the Chicago outfit.

They haven't been relevant since the 90's. They're petty criminals nowadays, rarely high profile. The cartels are the only noteworthy criminals operating in LA. There's not even enough going on to inspire a mediocre hood movie anymore. Being a Crip or Blood just sounds pathetic nowadays. The concept of a street gang has always been stupid, but it used to seem vaguely cool, at least.

And don't get me started on the Mafia. Jesus Christ, it's just getting sad with them. Even New York can barely keep their shit together.

They haven't been relevant since the 90's. They're petty criminals nowadays, rarely high profile. The cartels are the only noteworthy criminals operating in LA. There's not even enough going on to inspire a mediocre hood movie anymore. Being a Crip or Blood just sounds pathetic nowadays. The concept of a street gang has always been stupid, but it used to seem vaguely cool, at least.

And don't get me started on the Mafia. Jesus Christ, it's just getting sad with them. Even New York can barely keep their shit together.

Well according to people who LIVE in that environment and people who cant afford to live in Chatsworth, Beverly Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Valencia, or any other fucking fancy place that shit affects them. They're still relevant according to the people that live in shitty dangerous neighborhoods. I live on San Gabriel Ave. (Im going to say where exactly because I don't want my personal info on the internet but I will say the one of the streets) in Southgate (Mainly ALL Sureno gangs), the gang that controls my neighborhood is called Southside PlayBoy Surenos 13 or S/S PBS 13. Theres PBS graffiti EVERYWHERE on my block, with some slashes by W/S 18 St. King Blvd Gangsters. An down the street from here is Tweedy Blvd and California Ave. in which another another notorious gang called Southside Florencia 13 or S/S F13 territory is located on. If you knew LA you would know that those 3 hoods are some of the BIGGEST and DANGEROUS SURENO gangs. Forever been having a LONG gangwar. Theres gunshots atleast a couple times every other weekend. Ive had bullets fly into my house almost hitting my grandma so I take that very personal because where I live these gangs are ORGANIZED and GENERATIONAL aren't relevant because the Police and Media don't seem to think its not relevent. It's so fucked up because Ive lost friends to the system, bullets, knifes because of this dumb shit. Yes I agree some people in gangs can be petty but also your forgetting theres a reason they've been around since the 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, and in some case of Mexican gangs the 1890s its because the hierarchy of a lot of these street gangs are ORGANIZED. Yeah LA has calmed down since the 80s and 90s (the HEIGHT of LA's Gangwars) but theres still gang violence all over LA County, from South LA, To South Central, To Long Beach, To Some Areas of West LA, To East LA, To Northeast LA, To the San Fernando Valley, To the Antelope Valley.

Also the last one I saw with some good aspects of some areas of LA was "End of Watch". Yeah the Cartels are too. I was seeing a documentary like a couple monthes ago about the Chicago Outfit and the Five Families of New Yourk City. The FBI said they just got they're BIGGEST mafia bust since the 70s. Apparently they're getting more organized and dangerous since there feet were swept out from under them in the 90s. They're getting into the "Green Energy" business lol , FBI said they aren't going no where but who knows.

I got a feeling whatever mob or mafia that micheal screwed over with his FIB deal is gonna find him and become the major competing gang midway through the story. Rockstar seems to have a trending theme in most their games of the character's past catching up with them

• Like 1

As for the whole "Gangs arent important in GTA V" conversation, well apparently to one of the developers of the game “So in the game, part of the element of the story is that there’s these gangs, these rival gangs.” “There’s black gangs, there’s Latino gangs, and we recruited a guy who gets gang members, like actual gang members, real gang members. I mean, El Salvadorian gang dudes with amazing tattoos and one of which literally had gotten out of prison the day before."

“And we brought these guys in to record the gang characters because, you know, you don't want a goofy LA actor who went to a fancy school trying to be a hard gang member. There's nothing worse than that. So just go find the real, terrifying people and say, ‘Can you come in here please?’ And they look at the lines and they say, ‘I wouldn’t say that. If I was upset at another gang, I wouldn't say that.’ So, well, then say what you would say. Authenticity, you know?

“There’s a lot of sessions that we would have where we would just throw the script on the floor and be, like, 'This thing we wrote is irrelevant, let’s actually work out something real." So I guess Street Gangs are important to atleast Franklin's story, even Trevor's story because he battles the LOST MC and go's with Franklin to kill some Rival Gangmembers.

I got a feeling whatever mob or mafia that micheal screwed over with his FIB deal is gonna find him and become the major competing gang midway through the story. Rockstar seems to have a trending theme in most their games of the character's past catching up with them

Mob and Mafia are the same thing bro, but yeah I could see that happening too. Maybe Franklin doesn't want to be in Families anymore but his past catches up with him so hence he gets back in it.

I live on San Gabriel Ave. (Im going to say where exactly because I don't want my personal info on the internet

Too late fo that.. these niggas know yo I.P. address..

As for the whole "Gangs arent important in GTA V" conversation, well apparently to one of the developers of the game “So in the game, part of the element of the story is that there’s these gangs, these rival gangs.” “There’s black gangs, there’s Latino gangs, and we recruited a guy who gets gang members, like actual gang members, real gang members. I mean, El Salvadorian gang dudes with amazing tattoos and one of which literally had gotten out of prison the day before."

“And we brought these guys in to record the gang characters because, you know, you don't want a goofy LA actor who went to a fancy school trying to be a hard gang member. There's nothing worse than that. So just go find the real, terrifying people and say, ‘Can you come in here please?’ And they look at the lines and they say, ‘I wouldn’t say that. If I was upset at another gang, I wouldn't say that.’ So, well, then say what you would say. Authenticity, you know?

“There’s a lot of sessions that we would have where we would just throw the script on the floor and be, like, 'This thing we wrote is irrelevant, let’s actually work out something real." So I guess Street Gangs are important to atleast Franklin's story, even Trevor's story because he battles the LOST MC and go's with Franklin to kill some Rival Gangmembers.

Mob and Mafia are the same thing bro, but yeah I could see that happening too. Maybe Franklin doesn't want to be in Families anymore but his past catches up with him so hence he gets back in it.

"One of the developers" = Lazlow

• Like 2