This is the gang topic. The original OP has been put in spoiler tags below in order to preserve conversation in the early posts, but the topic is about gangs in general, not one specific gang. - Massacre

What you think? Will they play a role in GTA V? They're a pretty well known and terrorfying gang. Give the video a watch, its quite intersting. don't think anyone has made a thead on the MS-13 gang? They are mainly based in LA so chances are we will get a very similar gang :)

Oh and I love you, Brian. You are encouraged to watch, but I won't be offended if you don't. :wub:

Edited by Massacre
Changed OP.
  • Like 1

I have a very strong feeling that compared to SA, we will have very little contact with street gangs.

Well that won't be that realistic in that case :/ LA is really well known for its gang activity and turf. Gangs are literally everywhere in LA

The idea of gangs doesn't interest me, same goes with the Mafia. I'm hoping that this game doesn't revolve around either, but includes one or both. It would be a fresh stand point.

Also gangs may be everywhere but the majority of citizens in L.A. don't associate. Gangs usually stay around the broken down suburbs and projects. Interaction with each other is common, but with not as much with regular civilians. The most people may interact is seeing them.

In today's world I would imagine more along the lines of 18th street, 204th street, and Grape Street.

Gangs outside of prisons are rare...very rare especially in LA. If you went to the bad side of Detroit you might see some but thats it. I doubt GTA 5 will have many gangs, more mafia.

Where did you get that? There are still tons of street gangs, and the LA mob is barely hanging on.

Thank you massacre, I too know there's still completely loads of street gangs I don't know what exactly they're talking about :/

And I just saw you're damn edit! NO BRIAN I HATE YOU! ITS NOT TRUE AND YOU BETTER NOT OF WATCHED THAT VIDEO!

Where did you get that? There are still tons of street gangs, and the LA mob is barely hanging on.

Thank you massacre, I too know there's still completely loads of street gangs I don't know what exactly they're talking about :/

And I just saw you're damn edit! NO BRIAN I HATE YOU! ITS NOT TRUE AND YOU BETTER NOT OF WATCHED THAT VIDEO!

Yeah, but, you know that shit was funny.

• Like 2

V better be chalk full of gangs. L.A is like the gang capitol of the world.

even if we dont interact with them in the story, they better still be there.

im not gonna lie, im gonna feel like a badass motherfucker starting gang wars, it just adds to something else to do when the game is beet yuh'know?

should play off somewhat realistic. bloods, crips, latin kings, ms-13, mexican mafia, aryan brotherhood.. those are all the major ones i can think of..

of course there should be the typical black, white, asian, and hispanic street gangs

Edit: of course if were gonna make up gangs, Pedestrianriotz would make a "wehatebrian" crew

Brian without organised crime and street gangs there won't be a whole lot to do in the criminal aspect of the game. What would you like to see instead. Maybe the protaganist gets a job at Walmart and start contributing to society, after that he could start dating get married and end up with 2.5 kids and a mortgage.

Yeah I like this idea, and it sounds a hell of alot more intersting than having any criminal element in a GTA game :whistle:

• Like 1

Gangs outside of prisons are rare...very rare especially in LA. If you went to the bad side of Detroit you might see some but thats it. I doubt GTA 5 will have many gangs, more mafia.

Sorry, but that's a load of bullshit. LA is infact the gang capital of the nation, so I have absolutely no idea where you got that information from.

There are over 37,000 known gang members in Los Angeles within the city of Los Angeles and LA county. Although that is considerably lower than the 65,000 of 1997, it is still a significant number.

Source

I'm sure we will see gangs in this game, it's almost certain. I shared my opinions on some other topic somewhere before, so I won't bother again. But I doubt the main storyline will revolve around gang culture, so while they'll be there they won't play a major role like how it was in SA. Maybe for a EoLC type DLC, but not the main game.

• Like 3

Think its very possible part of the story could revolve around the gang part of the game tbh because so far the screens sort of support the multiple protagonist thoery...imo. Hate to sound racist but come on a black guy in LA that ain't involved with some gangs? Bitch please xD

I think we'll definitely see some gang pedestrians wondering around the ghetto areas and will shoot you if you mess with them (Like the russian gangsters in GTA IV) whether or not they will have an involvement in the story we don't really know. I think we'll at least see a few missions involving them.

Well you do sound racist, well done marshall mathers

Yeah I guess. But come on, who's more racist? me or rockstar? They had the black guy running from the police lol

488019.jpg

• Like 1

Well you do sound racist, well done marshall mathers

Yeah I guess. But come on, who's more racist? me or rockstar? They had the black guy running from the police lol

ahem* stereotypical is more like it.

Yeah it's not racist to have a black guy running from the cops. It would be racist if the cops chased the black guy and left his white partner in crime alone. (if there was one)