Sign in to follow this  
jmjam

GTA 5 @ Gamescom? Nope!

This is the best evidence I could find right now. It doesn't say that R* is going to be there for sure, but it does say that Take Two is going to be there. Since R* wasn't at E3 and Take Two was at E3 and is supposed to be going to Gamescom, I'd imagine they wouldn't show the exact same thing that they did at E3. At least I hope so anyway...

http://rockstarinformer.com/179/take-two-interactive-to-attend-gamescom-2012/

Guest Marney-1

Rockstar Informer is a shit site. It's known Take-Two is attending but nothing actually points to Rockstar making an appearance [so far].

Rockstar Informer is all about making money from their modding sites, they're not really fans.

Guest Marney-1

I looked at EB Expo 2012 yesterday and Rockstar was listed, it's not there now though. It didn't actually say Rockstar Games, just Rockstar.

Guest Marney-1

Told you it was there yesterday:

EB-Expo-Lineup.jpg

Found that pic on one of the Shit List site's.

GTA 5 will not be shown at Gamescom

But a spokesperson for Gamescom has told CVG that the Grand Theft Auto V footage was included "in error".

Franko Fischer, communications manager of Gamescom's organising body Koelnmesse, said "Rockstar Games is not scheduled and has never been scheduled to exhibit at Gamescom 2012".

He said that all GTA V footage has now been removed from the Gamescom trailer.

"We apologise for any confusion this may have caused," he added.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/359109/gta-5-will-not-be-shown-at-gamescom/

• Like 1

Someone on the GTA V trailer wrote a comment about the statement then said

Omg I can't believe it won't be there

I told so many people off that the same ting happened at E3, footage was shown, but the game wasn't there and it'll be the same for Gamescom.

I'm sure whoever made the trailer or was in charge of making it put GTA V in on purpose to get the hype going about the event. Someone was probably hoping (like some fans) that Rockstar would end up showing something but it probably came to a point where they had to admit Rockstar never said anything about it.

Sign in to follow this