Sign in to follow this  
Five

You may want to read...

A number of details have leaked and a Rockstar representative has apparently confirmed that some of the leaks are real, however would not specify which ones.

What we've seen (potential spoilers below):

- A still picture of a table with pictures, a gift box and a plane ticket labelled Liberty City > San Andreas for a Mr. Niko Bellic.

GTA-IV-Plane-Ticket.jpg

The ticket can be found on the R* social site after moving a few things around.

- YoungMaylay (the voice actor of CJ from San Andreas) making a ton of tweets about Grand Theft Auto 5 since the announcement.

- A list of characters who need voice actors that went through a talent agency used by Rockstar. The names and descriptions of the characters match that of GTA-styled characters.

What we've heard:

- That the game will not have a single central character, but that you will play through the story of several different characters.

- That the game will take place in a larger San Andreas, with a much larger Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas), a Hawaii-styled island, and addition to Los Santos (Los Angeles) and San Fierro (San Francisco) there will be a new Chicago-based area as well as a Washington, D.C.-based area.

- That one of the characters (possibly playable) will have a Welsh accent and continuously complain about the heat since they are used to the cooler temperatures of their home in Switzerland.

Since the site has gone up, Rockstar has changed the V to show a picture within it as well as a set of co-ordinates. A collection of said co-ordinates have been compiled below:

Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI, USA

Lighthouse, Port Washington, WI, USA

Interstate 94 Highway, USA

Pink Palace Of The Rainbow Motel, Chicago, IL, USA

Red Light Restaurant, Chicago, IL, USA

Viking Ski Shop Inc, Chicago, IL, USA

O'hare International Airport, Chicago IL, USA

Matterhorn, Zermatt, Switzerland

Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, HI, USA

Bank of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, USA

Graham Builders Inc, Honolulu, HI, USA

Star of Honolulu Cruises & Events, Honolulu, HI, USA

Shanghai Red's Restaurant, Marina del Rey, CA, USA

Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI, USA

Lighthouse, Port Washington, WI, USA

Interstate 94 Highway, USA

Pink Palace Of The Rainbow Motel, Chicago, IL, USA

Red Light Restaurant, Chicago, IL, USA

Viking Ski Shop Inc, Chicago, IL, USA

O'hare International Airport, Chicago IL, USA

Matterhorn, Zermatt, Switzerland

Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, HI, USA

Bank of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, USA

Graham Builders Inc, Honolulu, HI, USA

Star of Honolulu Cruises & Events, Honolulu, HI, USA

Shanghai Red's Restaurant, Marina del Rey, CA, USA

Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Washington, D.C, USA

There was a big discussion about these places on the GTA-forums (where they overanalyze things far too much and go into long-winded explanations at the drop of a hat.) From what I understood their forum header had a different location contained within the V logo for a few months, which were those places you mentioned. Aside from that, i've seen a few sources (doubt any of them are reputable though) that are saying Washington D.C. It would tie in with the money-themed logo I guess, but time will tell. I don't like to overanalyze things and write long-winded explanations, I like to sit back patiently, stoically (bigup Stoic!) and watch the chaos unfold around me.

http://www.gta5rumor...me-details.html

^Not saying any of this is true, but its a interesting read at the end of the day.

At least that guy came up with something believable. Honestly, I think it would be a great premise. Maybe not for GTA, but for a new one-off R* game, kind of an amalgamation of GTA and a modern-day LA Noire. Hm, now that I think about it...

Uh, pardon me, I think I need to go re-make a topic from the old forums...

There was a big discussion about these places on the GTA-forums (where they overanalyze things far too much and go into long-winded explanations at the drop of a hat.)I don't like to overanalyze things and write long-winded explanations, I like to sit back patiently, stoically (bigup Stoic!) and watch the chaos unfold around me.

Rigghhtttt

Guest Marney1

....a Rockstar representative has apparently.... - Apparently?

That one of the characters (possibly playable) will have a Welsh accent and continuously complain about the heat since they are used to the cooler temperatures of their home in Switzerland. - Made me laugh hystrically, if you don't know why then fuck off and die.

The rest of it looks like a compilation of every GTA V rumour ever posted to me.

Provide a source for this bullshit or I swear to god I'll campaign to have you added to the emoticon gallery alongside Luis and Olivia.

Edit: Taken from that link Birdie provided -

"My source inside Rockstar has leaked general and pretty specific details on Grand Theft Auto 5. My source remains confidential, but he is filled in on some very cool details on the game which once again raise the excitement factor and playability of Grand Theft Auto. Far from becoming stale, if what he has told me is true then...." - Can't trust his own source?

I'm tired of shit sites full of bullshitters, glad I found this place.

That one of the characters (possibly playable) will have a Welsh accent and continuously complain about the heat since they are used to the cooler temperatures of their home in Switzerland. - Made me laugh hystrically, if you don't know why then fuck off and die.

Whas'a mada boyo, h'you never seen a Welshman in Switz-a-land beforr'?

Guest Marney1

Whas'a mada boyo, h'you never seen a Welshman in Switz-a-land beforr'?

:v

The rest of it looks like a compilation of every GTA V rumour ever posted to me.

Provide a source for this bullshit or I swear to god I'll campaign to have you added to the emoticon gallery alongside Luis and Olivia.

"My source inside Rockstar has leaked general and pretty specific details on Grand Theft Auto 5. My source remains confidential, but he is filled in on some very cool details on the game which once again raise the excitement factor and playability of Grand Theft Auto. Far from becoming stale, if what he has told me is true then...." - Can't trust his own source?

Looks like it'll be a short lived campaign.

Guest Marney1

Looks like it'll be a short lived campaign.

Oh yeah right, because you're about to give us a link to the source right?

Guest Birdie

Because R* are totally gonna go about unveiling their stuff over a fansite... :v

Which leads us to multiple discs. My theroy is have one for multiplayer, one for story, or one for the freakishly huge map and great graphics (Which is required to install, not play), and one for all the goodies

*Does Best Viceman Impression*

Downt be trowling awll ova ower foruwms browskiy

*Clearly Fails at impression*

*frowns*

Why the fuck do I sound like Pieface? (Retarded in other words.)

Anyway I had been thinking we may be in for something big from GTA V, after all it's been three years since IV and Rockstar aren't known for slacking, even with RDR and L.A. Noire I think they'd have been busy with this all along. I highly doubt this source is correct though, i'm always skeptical over these things until I see proof from R*.

I really hope that is true, although it does seem like its just trying to cater to what everybody wants.

http://www.gta5rumor...me-details.html

^Not saying any of this is true, but its a interesting read at the end of the day.

I'm not really convinced, but if this is true:

Old Faces return from San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas fans will be pleased to learn that Officer Eddie Pulaski and Officer Frank Tenpenny will both make appearances in GTA 5

that makes the game pre-'92?

Of course, it's probably bullshit, but still.

Guest Birdie

See, i'm different. I don't want to see new faces. The 3 era is the 3 era, we've just had the 4 era, now its time for the 5 era. Whats the point of living in the past when we could be moving forward?

I dont want to see those two corrupt pieces of shit. All I'll ever want to do is kill them but then I will remember I can't cause I pulled a back to the future moment and have already done it. :wall:

Guest Marney1

The guy that voiced Pulaski is dead, anyway. Which wouldn't mean shit to me if he hadn't also been in Reservoir Dogs.

Oh yeah, he's deaded. So is 8 Ball.