Sign in to follow this  
MrMister81

RDR2 First Previews

Edit: Bones beat me by a couple minutes! 

:)

---

This should maybe have its own thread; not sure if it's directly related to the trailer, but... IGN dropped some goodies this morning.

I haven't had a chance to read any of this yet but the first one looks like some impressions from a live demo.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/worlds-first-look-at-red-dead-redemption-2

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/red-dead-redemption-2-who-is-arthur-morgan

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/why-red-dead-redemption-2-is-more-than-just-a-prequel-2

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/analysis-every-secret-in-red-dead-redemption-2s-new-trailer

Edited by MrMister81
  • Like 3

Instead of getting a whole bunch of sycophants in to watch the game in action, why don't they just release a 45 minute video showing us what they (the press) saw and let us make up our own minds?  

I hope it lives up to the hype.  

Edited by Ginginho

Because $$$/favors...

... and then we'd see what Rockstar doesn't want the press to tell us (or they'd cut the video to pieces to hide the glitches and half-assed stuff in the game build meant soley for the preview).

Since no one posted it...

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...ad-Redemption-2

"Here are 13 all new screenshots from Red Dead Redemption 2 - featuring Arthur Morgan, Dutch, John and the rest of the Van der Linde gang.

You can also find additional exclusive screens across this week’s first look previews with a few more to come this weekend at the official Rockstar Twitter, Instagram and Facebook channels.

Stay tuned for more Red Dead Redemption 2 info next month including first details about the game’s special editions and more."

• Like 3

Not sure if anyone posted these 4 extra screens, but I can't be bothered to step away from my baller lifestyle of diaper changes and toddler snot to check thoroughly: 

• Like 2

Facebook and Instagram had more aswell. Their instagram didn't have full resolution, though. Hopefully they release all the "exclusive" screenshots from the previews in high-res too. The asian site wasn't even close.

I found most of the exclusive screenshots in full res with no watermarks and managed to get the watermark off a few but there are still a bunch I couldn't find. I keep searching google to see if anyone managed to get them.

• Like 1

The previews mention the organic AI system which makes me think of what they did with Westworld. Gave every single robot it's own narrative and you can chose to go and join them or watch them go through the motions of their daily cycles.

yea we were discussing in a different topic that because of the population of a world like this, it might be easier to write specific scripts for each NPC... los santos is trying to look like a city of millions, but RDR2 might have a thousand or 2... 

to be honest, the way the previews sounded, R* spent 8 years trying to perfect the open world ecosystem... i can't wait to see wildlife interact with each other, NPCs react to wildlife and storms, seeing people go about their day as if you didn't exist... seeing a travelling salesmen or goods carriage in one town and the same one the next day in another one... watching people react to things you do like, open carry or what gun you have on you... it sounds like they also added the black hand system from the godfather/scarface games where you have a few options to get information out of people... i'd imagine those go towards your notoriety, which depending on what side you stand on, you might see NPCs quickly walk away from you or close shop doors, or run up to you and offer gifts...

i get the feeling they spent 8 years learning how to perfect a breathing world...

Like I said in the other topic I doubt the AI will be that revolutionary, they lauded it in SA and V and it turned out to be nothing special. You might get that "wow that was special" feeling the first time you see an NPC do something unique, but after the 50th time it'll feel as robotic and scripted as it always has.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 3

Kind of difficult when it happens all the time. We all know how the gaming media hypes stuff up. Partly to get attention for themselves and partly because the developer wants it. Sometimes the previews exaggerate things to make them sound more awesome than they really are but I think that's the developer leading them on about the game since the media isn't getting an in-depth preview they are just going by what the developer says.

For Max Payne 3's multiplayer Rockstar was hyping how the series of game modes you play follow a "story" that depends on x-y-z factors blah blah blah. To me it just seemed random. Maybe they had some algorithm that decided what game mode to go to next but it wasn't anything special. I don't think anyone cared or even noticed. They were just hyping something small.

• Like 1