Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

Those of you that have collected the reels, will know where these are, and others may have already passed them, but if you haven't, then here is something for you to drool at :D

When i first saw the orange one, my mouth drooped to the floor, it was like the GTAIII dodo all over again... But it was too good to be true... :(

= not flyable!

LAN1.jpg

LAN2.jpg

And this randomly reminded me of San Andreas so i thought I'd take a snap of it.

LAN3.jpg

can anybody fill me in on what happened after you complete 'The Quarter Moon Murders' after the screen that tells you what your score was, phelps was going into the blue room and in turned off the ps3 thinking I could start at that cutscene another day and it jumped straight into the next case lol

yea they are... i only have 3 cars left to find for 100% and i've already wasted a couple of hours trying to find them :angry:... maybe i'll finish up 5-starring arson and hope to run into them playing those missions...

but i am close to platinum, i can feel it's presence... ohh wait, that's just massacre stalking in the bushes...

EDIT: what the fuck?! i found the last 3 within 10 minutes of each other!! lol... 100%'d dis bitch, and i recon i could get that platinum this afternoon since i only have a few left to get, plus i have already 5-starred 90% of the cases :D...

yea they are... i only have 3 cars left to find for 100% and i've already wasted a couple of hours trying to find them :angry:... maybe i'll finish up 5-starring arson and hope to run into them playing those missions...

but i am close to platinum, i can feel it's presence... ohh wait, that's just massacre stalking in the bushes...

EDIT: what the fuck?! i found the last 3 within 10 minutes of each other!! lol... 100%'d dis bitch, and i recon i could get that platinum this afternoon since i only have a few left to get, plus i have already 5-starred 90% of the cases :D...

Sweet. I was thinking about doing some car runs tonight, but I've had enough of noire for the moment, since I did the reels this morning!

just a reminder... when you keep seeing the same cars over and over, just reload the free-roam and a new set of cars should spawn... i didn't find that out until i was down to the final 3 cars... i reloaded and all three ended up appearing...

also, PLATINUM TROPHY!! now all i am waiting on is the playstation store to come back so i can play the DLC cases...

and i found a unique car as well, there's not a single one on the road like it :P...

lanoire-packard.jpg

what a deal!! $2300!!

Nice one^ I'm down to my last two cars and I'm having no luck. They are the Cadillac series 75 limousine, and the Plymouth Special Deluxe Six. Can't seem to find them anywhere. Do you remember where you found them? I think it's just blind luck tbh. this reminds me of the allusive Icecream truck up in Shoreside Vale on GTA3!

it is blind luck most of the time... replaying certain missions helps as well... use this guide, i used it for the most part...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=311616/

this guide will help because of the videos provided for each ride so you know which grills and markings to look for when looking for those remaining two rides...

Yeah i started using that towards the end, with the last 10 or so cars. I managed to find the two cars i needed in the same game i just fast travelled to the hollywood police station and found the limo lurking around the upper area of hollywood, then i fast travelled back down to Wilshire and found the Plymouth almost right outside the police station!

Now i think i'll have a crack at getting this platinum trophy. :v

use the LA noire wikia for the 5-star mission guides... i was using something else but i noticed that the wikia has detailed walkthroughs now as well... you'll have to get all questions right (most of the time) and find all the clues... also it's worth mentioning, make your partner drive since car destruction and damage counts against your final score...

Fuck 5-starring all cases, it took me three attempts to 5-star the "The Driver's Seat" case because I kept forgetting not to crash my car. :D

Instead I thought it'd be funny to accuse everyone of lying (especially the honkys) and provide completely unrelated clues as proof to see what they say. Just think, most people will never hear two thirds of the game's audio.

The black guy you question in The Driver's Seat: "I work for the railway and I was taking a shortcut."

Phelps: "LIAR! YOU MURDERED HIM WITH THAT PIPE AND TOOK HIS MONEY YOU DIRTY honky!"

Black guy: "Whutchutalkinaboutfoo'?!"

Nice One Psy. Best presented L.A.Noire guide/walkthrough website out there so far. Most websites have bits of information here and there. But yours is more unified. All you need now is a solid vehicle location guide and you're on to a winner!

I finished the story last night. I'm on 68 percent, not in a rush for 100 percent completion though, I think I will come back to it in a couple of weeks. I found a glitch; I was looking around outside a house, while canvassing neighbours on one of the cases and found I could run up the steps to the side door, straight up the wall and onto the roof. :unsure:

I finished the story last night. I'm on 68 percent, not in a rush for 100 percent completion though, I think I will come back to it in a couple of weeks. I found a glitch; I was looking around outside a house, while canvassing neighbours on one of the cases and found I could run up the steps to the side door, straight up the wall and onto the roof. :unsure:

That would be a collision file fail. Collision files can be auto-generated if they had little time to make them. Sometimes the auto-generated collisions don't fit the mesh properly, in your case it created an invisible slope instead of a wall-barrier! lol

I can see the 1947 headline now:

Breaking news! LAPD Detective discovers knack for scaling buildings; claims healthy diet and fondling naked corpses daily is the key.

Psy i think there is an error on your guide here:

"A MARRIAGE MADE IN HEAVEN"

Lorna Pattison

Question_______________________Answer__________Evidence

Hit and run incident___________Doubt

Nature of argument_____________Truth

Partnership with Leroy Sabo____Lie_____________Insurance Letter

The second one was wrong when i followed it. I think the correct answer is doubt.

On "THE RED LIPSTICK MURDER" you missed the clue on the fridge at Celine Henry's home in your guide. It looks like you're cleaning up your guide though since the first few missions have the clues broken down but on this they're all in one list, but if i see any more mistakes/missing intel I'll let you know. :)

On a lighter note, what is everyone else's favourite car/s? I know most of them look very much the same, but there is a couple I really like the look of, which reminded me of Mafia cars for some reason;

1. Cord 810 Softtop, 1936, 170bhp, 130mph. (Bonus 4/15)

Bonus-Cord_810_%28b%29.jpg

2. Cord Hardtop, 1936, 115bhp, 92mph. (2-Door 9/25)

1936-cord-hardtop.jpg

3. Willys Overland, 1939, 61bhp, 55mph. (4-Door 19/19)

1939-willys-overland.jpg