Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

The electroplating case wasn't as long as i'd hoped, but the beginning was quite good with the grainy filter while driving through the ash cloud with cars whizzing towards you.

i thought they had a robbery desk they removed from the game??

Burglary and fraud. (With R*s usual cryptic answers - "In a recent post by Rockstar Support on an official forum, a person asked whether Burglary or Fraud would be available in the future as DLC, Rockstar Support replied: 'We have not released all of the details about DLC and the full release schedule but we can guarantee there is more content on the way!")

The electroplating case wasn't as long as i'd hoped, but the beginning was quite good with the grainy filter while driving through the ash cloud with cars whizzing towards you.

i thought they had a robbery desk they removed from the game??

Burglary and fraud. (With R*s usual cryptic answers - "In a recent post by Rockstar Support on an official forum, a person asked whether Burglary or Fraud would be available in the future as DLC, Rockstar Support replied: 'We have not released all of the details about DLC and the full release schedule but we can guarantee there is more content on the way!")

That's good to know. I doubt it'll be available using the Rockstar Pass though...

Guest God

it was OK, but i didn't really get into it... i guess the game has kind of worn thin on me nowadays... the first 10-15 minutes was pretty cool, but then it settled in and turned into a typical case...

seriously, if i ever play through this game from start to finish again, i am turning on the black & white filter, and i am turning off all hints... it makes it too easy when all you have to do is listen to the music to know if you've found everything... i'll stick with using intuition points occasionally...

I've been playing without hints or musical cues from the start, just ask my partner what he thinks sometimes. You kind of know you've missed something because he hangs around instead of getting back in the car. My next play through will be in black and white too, I reckon it'll feel more movie-like.

I'm sure a group will make a modern LA out of it just because but I think most of the modders would keep the feel of the era. That would be a fun challenge to do in my opinion. Only problem is what they could add since it is so accurate already. The guys from 1947project pointed out some inaccuracies so maybe some famous buildings and of course vehicles.

Plus it'll have 3D support. Wonder if that's look better in black and white?

Will 3D even work in black and white? I dunno why, but i always thought masking of colours was involved in the use of 3D glasses. Maybe that's just the old 3D lol.

Yeah I think that applies to the old red and blue glasses, not what we have today.

I guess the new 3d is more about depth of field and refresh rates. Marney did you mean 3D support on Ps3 soon or only on PC?

i wouldnt mind trying it in 3d tbh. The next GTA with 3D support would be a nice too. Too bad i aint spending fuck loads on a 3DTV though!

Guest God

Yeah I think that applies to the old red and blue glasses, not what we have today.

I guess the new 3d is more about depth of field and refresh rates. Marney did you mean 3D support on Ps3 soon or only on PC?

i wouldnt mind trying it in 3d tbh. The next GTA with 3D support would be a nice too. Too bad i aint spending fuck loads on a 3DTV though!

So far it's only confirmed for the PC version. I think R* Leeds are porting it.

Interesting article going behind the scenes of some of the darker moments in L.A Noire's seven year development.

Why Did L.A. Noire Take Seven Years to Make?

Ooo nice find Jamie. This article also drops the Getaway franchise in there. I wonder if Sony would ever give Rockstar Games the opportunity to make a new Getaway using the Rage engine??!!

shit Dup, hope you find a good studio to call home. seems like these types of things get more frequent.

So far it's only confirmed for the PC version. I think R* Leeds are porting it.

I had to think about the 3D thing. I didn't realize 3D was getting big on PC already. Or they're just putting it in place now for the future when everyone has new cards/monitors.

Maybe someone from R* would see it and they'd stop wasting time on other shit. There's no reason why they can't leave the new IP's to the other R* branches and just let R* North stick to making games I'll actually play.

Maybe we won't see any more DLC cases after Reefer Madness is released then.

*waves goodbye to hopes of the burglary and fraud desks returning*