Sign in to follow this  
BlackSox9

Armoured Vehicles

What are the toughest and most heavily armoured vehicles in the game? ( other than the Rhino )

And what vehicles benefit the most from armour upgrades?

I want to know because vehicles seem to disintegrate extremely fast under enemy fire ( leaving you vulnerable ).

I haven't taken much damage to my cars (from gunfire), but the protagonists' default cars seem to be a little tougher than a random car you steal on the street, more so with Trevor's. The Sand King is pretty durable, as well, and the upgrades - both armor and cosmetics - basically turn it into a tank.

Thanks, I think I'll try and upgrade the Sand King then.

But the Securicar is slow as fuck, and you can't upgrade it to go faster. And like @ConQueSteD said the Nosse Van is a pain in the ass to get as well ( plus you can't upgrade Law Enforcement vehicles either ).

I was also thinking about getting the Crusader and Barracks vehicles from the Military website. Do you guys know if these vehicles are customizable?

I don't have one, but I doubt the Crusader is much different from a regular Mesa, if you'd like to give that a try. Don't have a Barracks yet, but I'll see if my wandering takes me that way sometime over the weekend. I'd rather steal one than buy it.

I have found, when on a mission, whatever you are driving is almost indestructible. but in free roam, most cars seem to fall apart much quicker. I have had cars take an absolute beating on a mission but fall apart relatively easy when not on a mission.

The "Sandking" is a Beast when customized with armour upgrades.

It takes a massive beating from bullets and cops crashing into it without slowing down at all. And because it's a lot higher off the ground than other vehicles, your character hardly ever gets hit by bullets.

I don't have one, but I doubt the Crusader is much different from a regular Mesa, if you'd like to give that a try. Don't have a Barracks yet, but I'll see if my wandering takes me that way sometime over the weekend. I'd rather steal one than buy it.

Good luck stealing a Barracks, you'd have to break into the military base for that, then get away from the Rhino that patrols the area and the horde of heavily armed and accurate marines, Police and helicopters in it :P

Good luck stealing a Barracks, you'd have to break into the military base for that, then get away from the Rhino that patrols the area and the horde of heavily armed and accurate marines, Police and helicopters in it :P

Or or or.... buy one online.