Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Uncharted Series

Uncharted 3 is my favourite game ever. I think. I nearly always say that after I play something to 100% completion, but I still have an urge to play through all 3 games again. That's how good they are. How Naughty Dog went from Crash Bandicoot to that is amazing :D

Well, that's that wrapped up. That was pretty fucking epic, and the 'final boss' was more fun and more satisfying than 2's was.

Unfortunately, the feel of the last few parts before Iram/all those other names makes me want a Skyrim-esque game set in the Middle East (pre-firearm days). So, thanks, Naughty Dog, for making me want things that don't exist.

Bloody brilliant other than that, though.

/BUMP

Uncharted 4 has been delayed into 2016. Which means I may just wait for second-gen PS4 consoles before upgrading.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/11/uncharted-4-delayed-until-spring-2016?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

i hadn't been following news on it, i really don't much with video games like i used to... but i am kinda glad it is because mad max and just cause 3 come out later this year and those are the games i want to play this fall/winter...

really looking forward to this one tho, i love naughty dog, they really know how to craft an epic adventure...

I don't mind the delay, would rather wait for a proper release than watch an A-list title like Uncharted come down with a case of Assassin's-Creed-itis. The multiplayer component must be a factor, too. It'll be nice when we finally move beyond the generation straddle and games can be designed for next-gen only.

Never played the Uncharted series before so I'm working my way through the remastered lot (which I got for Christmas) and just finished Drake's Fortune.  Someone please tell me the combat gets better?!  Riddle people with bullets and they still don't die.  :wall:

Decent enough story though and reminds me a lot of Tombraider.

Playing the second one now and being brutally honest, the combat is just marginally better.

Now stuck on the boss battle on the train which is ruining my whole experience of the whole game.  I like challenges but I don't like being frustrated to the point I feel like snapping the game disc and throwing the whole fucking lot in the bin!  (and I wish people didn't publish unhelpful Youtube video "walkthroughs" either).   :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

like i said, it get better as the series goes on, but not drastically better :lol:... uncharted has it's rough spots but i only had a few places that really frustrated me... the train wasn't one of them surprisingly :P... but the boss battles in 2 are probably the most challenging ones in the entire series... you'll find 3 a piece of cake after beating 2...

Seems they removed that trailer as they used some AC artwork! :lol:

Anyway, finished the remastered versions of 1 & 2 - enjoyed both but combat frustrating, especially in the first one.  Can't be bothered going for the platinums - was going to give it a try on 2 but lost patience (3/10 for difficulty on playstationtrophies.org - pfffttt... yeah right).

Uncharted 4 has been delayed again - now 10th May.

yea i heard the news... doesn't matter to me, that's just more time to play fallout :D... i was debating on whether i wanted to get it digitally or physical... i guess it's time to embrace the new future of digital downloads, it worked out well for fallout 4... plus the game unlocks at midnight anyways, avoiding those pesky installations that take almost an hour  ;)...

Yeah i don't mind that it's delayed too May. Also gives me time to play other games.

I preloaded that Uncharted Multiplayer beta, it's already up on the store, but doesn't activate until Friday. Should be nice to get a taste for the new mechanics.

The game has been played and reviewed.

Written review:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-review/1900-6416423/

Video does contain minor plot and character spoilers, in case that bothers anyone:

Judging by the first two or three reviews i've read, it seems to me that the Final game runs at a slower pace, and there isn't as many giant explosive setpeices as there's been in the past. It's more seriously toned, with a less bullet proof comedic characterisation of Drake. That said, the game seems to have the best narrative, and performance in the series, with what everyone seems to be saying "the perfect ending to the series". I look forward to playing it.

• Like 1

yea i read a review or two... something about the 1st half of the game being slow, teaching you all the mechanics, then unleashing the full scope of the game in the 2nd half... every review seems to agree, and what has been a staple of the series, that the graphics are the best thing you'll currently find on consoles... i look forward to playing it tuesday, it sounds like more of the same, and why fix what isn't broken, right? :P... i'm not that interested in the multiplayer tho, but perhaps with the right convincing, i might join some of you... but i buy uncharted for the single player experience, and the fact that the camera mode introduced in the last of us remastered is here, i'll certainly be pausing the action every now and then for an epic snap B)...

• Like 2

I wasn't hugely impressed by the online beta. Multiplayer doesn't even run at full 1080p like single player, you can see a huge difference in graphics and fidelity, it's like looking at two different games.

i'm not worried about the graphic drop off for multiplayer... you're not exactly staring at the map when you're runnin' n gunnin'... usually doing something like that is to save the framerate from creating lag kills and such... i'm fine with that... but the only mode i would be interested in is co-op mode... it was ok in 2, and i never bothered with multiplayer in 3... but i want a mini co-op campaign mode, not fighting waves of enemies together :rolleyes:...

meh, again, i don't really care about uncharted online :P...

they say the story is really good, and fucking hell it's a bloody pirate tale!!! i recall one review talking about how the adventure takes you on the trail of other notorious pirates so for someone like me, this story is gonna ooze fucking coolness B)... i hope there's some really cool piratey easter eggs out there, and cool treasure, like the pieces of 8, or pirates coves, etc... i'm all giddy :D...

• Like 1

I only want the game for single player. And for that reason, i'll probably pick the game up for half the price a couple of months down the lines from the pre-owned section. I still have tons of games to get through, and i'm not bothered about playing Uncharted online. Don't get me wrong, i love the Uncharted series, but i can wait, and save some money.

• Like 1