Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Uncharted Series

Picked up the Nathan Drake collection for $40 on my second playthrough already. Tbh I skipped the first one second time round. Pretty impressed with the remastered versions. They even fixed the woeful collision detection in the first game. Looking forward to 4 but I'm going to see iron maiden next weekend so the budget's stretched pretty thin right now.

• Like 2

Uncharted%204_%20A%20Thiefrsquos%20Endtr

soooo, uncharted 4 is pretty cool B)... i made it up to chapter 9 i think, and i took snaps along the way... i wish more games had this feature, it's super convienent to pause the action and mess around with filters and various other settings to get a quick capture ;)... before i post the snaps tho, i gotta say, the game feels right at home... it's more of the same, it's uncharted thru and thru... the combat has changed a bit, there's even an auto-lock feature (which i did turn on but might not on my 2nd run)... i haven't really gotten into a lot of shootouts yet, but i am thinking the 2nd half will be full of that... the new rope feature is a cool addition to the platforming, so is the hill slides...

over all, i'm digging it B)... here's a few of my snaps (i've taken 43 already :o:lol:)... i hope they're not too spoilery, more locations than anything...

my favorite one... sully, the legend himself B)...

----

you can check out the rest of them here if you want B)... i'll be uploading all of them here as i journey along...

http://s54.photobucket.com/user/artistadam/library/uncharted4

• Like 4

I was lucky enough to receive the game from my wife after work yesterday. I'm glad i have it now, the game has been gripping all the way through. I've just finished that chapter from your last couple of snaps there bOnEs and have just started his next expedition.

• Like 1

oh man, i am addicted to it... i'm not really getting action shots because it's too in the moment for a first play, more landscape shots, but on my 2nd go, i am gonna take my sweet time, checking every nook and cranny... gotta find dem treasures somehow :D...

Now I've started I can't stop lol. I keep stopping in the middle of extreme action scenes just to take some dynamic shots. I need to stop it's messing with the pacing lol. I won't post any of those shots yet though. I'll only post some of my nature shots...

5FKUrB7.jpg

AXDDXYO.jpg

Wc4kmXY.jpg

BFv2oxE.jpg

PbFFrrB.jpg

1bPtYVt.jpg

rG8aiAY.jpg

ex5Xv5f.jpg

oPjET4r.jpg

OO5w4UT.jpg

...They look so lush, they could almost be concept art! 

I've had a massive adventure already, that's enough for today, I feel like I'm almost finished the game maybe, I hope not though, it's so much fun.

• Like 1

holy crap, what chapter are you up to now?? :o... i just reached the market, chapter 11... damn i'm a slow gamer... i even had tuesday off and people are already passing me up lol... one guy got the game thursday and is nearly done already, probably is done now :(...

I've lost track of the number, but the name of the chapter is...

..."Marooned"...

..., not really a spoiler, but it's that bit from the start of the game in the boat. It picks up where that left off.

Well i completed the story for the first time today, and i think it was a perfect story to finish the series...

The scope of the game was amazing, and they managed to pull it off. The whole pirate adventure story made me think of the Gooneys quite a lot.

I loved the back and forth between each of the characters in-game and in cutscenes. The small details in the characters faces just made the story that much more convincing.

The variety in environments and locations was amazing, and the huge open areas were a breath of fresh air. I caught myself stopping every couple of minutes just to take in the beauty of the open vistas around me.

Overall i think this game easily deserves a 10. I can't wait to see what they do with The Last of Us 2 now!

Right, i better go play through again and find all those hidden treasure, journal entries and whatnot.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone doesn't wish to know, there is...

...22 chapters i beleive, 24 if you count the prologue and epilogue.

Not a bad number really, concidering it's set across multiple countries, so they aren't exactly short chapters.

that number is pretty consistent with the series as a whole... all the games stretch about 20 or so chapters...

oh by the way, i beat the game too, finally!! :wub:... you were right, it was a fitting end to the uncharted saga... with the last of us being a current series for them, i wonder if they're gonna try and come up with something else, because uncharted is definitely over, they wrapped it up... like bethesda and rockstar, i'll play just about anything naughty dog makes... they understand games, and they make damn good ones too...

i probably took about 200 snaps throughout my journey... i found myself pausing too many times to grab one... it's probably why it took me nearly 2 weeks to beat the game :lol:... but i'll get them all uploaded to my photobucket and share some highlights later on in the week B)... here's a teaser for those who beat the game; my new iphone wallpaper :wub:...

i fucking looooove love love pirates, and here's my favorite scene in the entire series :)...

post-24-0-71925500-1463954145_thumb.jpg

i might come back here and see if i can't get a better capture than that :P...

• Like 1

i kind of knew Crash being in uncharted 4 seemed a bit suspicious. kinda sucks we're not getting a new game, but just more remastered shit. I'll still get it anyway.

fun facts. going by how Crash sounded in skylanders, it looks like Jess Harnell will be reprising his role. He's one of my favorite Voice actors. He was the voice of Wakko on Animaniacs, Captain Hero on Drawn Together, the current voice of Roger Rabbit, and he's in pretty much every pixar movie. i actually met him for the first time last year when I went to a comic convention. It was funny because i was going down an escalator as he was going up the escalator right next to me. Then i met him again later at his booth. There were also other legendary voice actors there like Rob Paulsen, Maurice Lamarche, Tress MacNeille, and Jim Cummings. You wouldn't believe how honored I was just to see these people let alone talk to them.. I may actually have a picture of the autographs I got from Rob Paulsen and Jim Cummings. The amount of iconic characters these talented bastards have played is truly incredible.

Ah here it is.

image.jpg

Edited by The Goon

Up to chapter 11 now, and I have to say I'm whelmed. the settings are beautiful and the mechanics have been polished well from the last game.

The problem I'm having is the game thinks I'm an idiot.

The path to travel is way too obvious. I have missed big chunks of dialogue because I'm having a look around and accidentally triggered the next cut screen thinking "it can't be this way it's too obvious and right at the entrance to the chamber"

This game holds your hand WAY too much as well. before I have a chance to look around in a puzzle room, my companion is giving me not very subtle hints about how to progress.

The slide mechanic is wildly overused and, so far at least, the grappling hook is under used.

I have heaps more to say but I have to play game two of the finals against the Cav's

Suns Win 4-0

Edited by Rob

exploration isn't rewarded in this game like in previous ones, it's way too linear... and there's not nearly enough puzzles... and yea, the slide was heavily overused... but damn, this game is gorgeous :wub: and the mechanics are polished...

• Like 1

yes. it is beautiful. I'm worried I've just over done it by spending a lot of time with the drake collection before the release of 4. but I can't help but feel a little let down by the game. I kinda felt the same to a lesser degree with 3 but I really feel they have dumbed 4 down for the great unwashed masses

• Like 1

story is great, but yes, the gameplay is waayyy dumbed down... i just felt like i was going thru the motions to get to the next area, perhaps it's a good thing they're done making these games, it must just be that we're all a bit worn out from the game style... and i didn't feel rewarded by exploring in 4... sure i did it anyways, like on that giant set of islands and the boat, and madagascar and the jeep, but even that felt a bit pointless...

it was a good run, i hope they come up with something else fun tho, because i feel like another last of us will feel all too familiar...

• Like 1

Finally got round to playing it over the past month - whilst frustrating in parts, I have to admit it's a brilliant, brilliant game and for me, ranks up there as one of the best.

I was a late-comer to the whole Uncharted series but I have thoroughly enjoyed playing all of them - kind of sad though to leave such great characters behind!  Do have to agree with some though that it was perhaps best to bring it to an end.

Managed to platinum it as well (platinum number 24 for me) although I thought one or two of the trophies were quite stupid such as the speed run trophy - surely they should encourage people NOT to rush the game?!

Anyway, back to the wasteland I go now!

Never having played Uncharted at all, I recently completed the stories for all 3 in the HD Collection, purchased at my local trade-in store for $20.  It was a very pleasant distraction from almost exclusively playing GTA and Skyrim earlier in the year.  I was really impressed with the trilogy overall, but I feel I would have appreciated it more had I spaced out the titles.

I picked up Uncharted 4 this past weekend at Gamestop for 8 bucks (seriously?).  Looking forward to playing that as soon as I get around to it. 

Then, eventually, The Lost Legacy.

• Like 2

oh my gawd you guys!! you gotta watch this!!

nathan fillion, stephen lang... drake, sully...

https://twitter.com/NathanFillion/status/1018869805552566272 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74 

too bad embedding still doesn't work, but they made a mini movie! it's everything i could ever ask for with an uncharted adaptation... and to be honest, this would play out quite well as a netflix series verses an actual movie, that will get panned by fans and critics... i think it's time they try the TV series approach... and this totally works as one... you gotta check it out if you're an uncharted fan!

• Like 1