Santiago

Trailer 1 vs Trailer 2 Graphic Comparison

Yeah the final game will have better graphics but loo at the pic I posted in the start and then at Michel's left side. It looks like square pixel crooked things

I have a question.

How can they develop games for a console that's not released yet? Wouldn't they need one of the consoles for testing, etc.?

Also, don't certain things in a game's code depend on the platform it's released on? So how can they code a game for a certain un-released platform if they don't/can't know the proper way to write the code?

Keep in mind, I know nothing of game development, so excuse my ignorance.

Yeah the final game will have better graphics but loo at the pic I posted in the start and then at Michel's left side. It looks like square pixel crooked things

The focus? Yeh, I don't think R* is very good at that, looked bad in RDR too. (Use the binoculars, then you'll see what I mean)

I have a question.

How can they develop games for a console that's not released yet? Wouldn't they need one of the consoles for testing, etc.?

Also, don't certain things in a game's code depend on the platform it's released on? So how can they code a game for a certain un-released platform if they don't/can't know the proper way to write the code?

i don't know how it works, but what's left of Team Bondi are developing their new game 'Whore of the Orient' for next gen.

Why is this even a discussion? You are all acting like Trailer 2 looked like SA compared to the first one. I highly doubt this was ever suppose to be a next gen game.

I have a question.

Developers get debug consoles to start developing games before the console is anywhere close to release. The consoles need a decent lineup of launch titles to make them worth buying, after all.

I have a question.

Game Developers get a Alpha or Beta console to design games for, that's why when a game system launches none of the games grab the consoles full potential until later in the cycle since they're still figuring out the console.

• Like 3

Game Developers get a Alpha or Beta console to design games for, that's why when a game system launches none of the games grab the consoles full potential until later in the cycle since they're still figuring out the console.

Thank you, Con. I find it amazing that all these people are able to keep industry secrets...That's why I can't get hired at any major game companies. That and I know nothing of game development.

Developers get debug consoles to start developing games before the console is anywhere close to release. The consoles need a decent lineup of launch titles to make them worth buying, after all.

Thanks, Massacre.

How do you know this? :huh:

Launch trailer. Week before release.

That's a shame. Looks like we'll just have to feast our eyes on information and screens.

Thank you, Con. I find it amazing that all these people are able to keep industry secrets...That's why I can't get hired at any major game companies. That and I know nothing of game development.

Launch trailer. Week before release.

That's a shame. Looks like we'll just have to feast our eyes on information and screens.

The industry has said before they get consoles early to develop games along side the development of the console.

Also the NDA they sign is pretty enticing to make sure you keep your mouth closed other wise you're fucked. After spending all those hours trying to get into the industry I wouldn't want to fuck that up and completely have no chance of getting back into the industry.

The industry has said before they get consoles early to develop games along side the development of the console.

Also the NDA they sign is pretty enticing to make sure you keep your mouth closed other wise you're fucked. After spending all those hours trying to get into the industry I wouldn't want to fuck that up and completely have no chance of getting back into the industry.

Wow. It goes so deep. Where do you get your knowledge?

Thanks for all the enlightenment, everyone. I appreciate your help. You all are a smart group of people, and the majority of you are decent.

Wow. It goes so deep. Where do you get your knowledge?

Thanks for all the enlightenment, everyone. I appreciate your help. You all are a smart group of people, and the majority of you are decent.

I took a intro to game programming course for dual credit in my Senior year of High School for both High School and College credit. I had plans going into college majoring in Programming but extenuating circumstances put a hold in this. We talked a lot about the industry and I learnt some programming but that was mostly Flash, Java & Python (I learnt others modding games on my own time) I've actually signed an NDA for a few companies to get beta software so that also helped.

I took a intro to game programming course for dual credit in my Senior year of High School for both High School and College credit. I had plans going into college majoring in Programming but extenuating circumstances put a hold in this. We talked a lot about the industry and I learnt some programming but that was mostly Flash, Java & Python (I learnt others modding games on my own time) I've actually signed an NDA for a few companies to get beta software so that also helped.

Wow. I hope you can get your education back where you want it. :(

Do you mod XBox games? If you do, let's continue this conversation in PM's where there is no "off topic".

What software, specifically, did you get beta access to?

Wow. I hope you can get your education back where you want it. :(

Do you mod XBox games? If you do, let's continue this conversation in PM's where there is no "off topic".

What software, specifically, did you get beta access to?

PM me anytime. I'm not aware if the software I've tested has been released to the public, but a general Idea of the NDA would be Microsoft preview program, It's not as strict as an Actual NDA for game developers would be it gives a general idea.

On topic:

I think we'll get a few more videos sorta like how they did it for IV & TBoGT, they're release character trailers.

Thanks, Massacre.

How do you know this? :huh:

I work for R*.

• Like 1

In actuality, I have no reason or excuse for knowing as much as I do about the game industry.

Your secret is safe with me, honky.

Your knowledge is probably the result of experience. Easily explained. I've never followed a game release as closely as I have with GTAV. With GTA IV, I can remember reading the Game Informer reveal on it, then buying it when it came out. That's pretty much it. And that's about as deep as my game-stalking went.

Reading things tends to do that

I love reading. I spend pretty much all my free time reading. Yet, the game industry is one thing I don't tend to read about, for whatever reason.

I know what you mean with the RDR focus but they should do what Farcry 3 did since you could see perfectly with/without camera and only a few things were in pixel form or dissapeared.