JamieMilne

New GTA V Screens (Tennis, Dirt Bikes, Parachute)

From "Victor Maitland Villa" or "tennis Villa", we can see another house on the hills, looks like the trailer "fisical exercise" estate.

post-10-0-36535300-1345739691.png

Not a nice language Marney.

Edited by UlanBator
Posted a screencap because UlanBator keeps posting stupid pointless links to the screenshots. I'm not sure if he knows how to post an image but if he doesn't then all he has to do is ask.

Guest Marney-1

Mind telling me why you keep referring to the house or whatever as the "Victor Maitland Villa" or "tennis Villa"?

That San Fierro, San Andrea which is based on San Franciso, California and country area of San Fierro based on Contra Costa Count area.

That bridge based on northern cali bridge i forget the name

also found this, kind of obvious though.

Flint.jpg

From "Victor Maitland Villa" or "tennis Villa", we can see another house on the hills, looks like the trailer "fisical exercise" estate.

post-10-0-36535300-1345739691.png

actually a pretty good find, there's quite a lot of similarities between the 2 houses imho.

72833591.jpg

1 the white wall at the dj pult

2 the pillar supporting what looks like a pergola above the balkony (judging from the shadows in the trailer)

3 the windows going around the corner

4 the greyish tiles on the wall, when you look closely on the screenshot you can see that the corresponding area is a little greyish in the screenshot, not as whiteish as the other parts of the house

5 if you look through the windows mentioned in 3, you can see another, setback window which seems to be part of that house, similar setup in the screenshot

EDIT: not to mention the cliff directly below the house

• Like 2

That San Fierro, San Andrea which is based on San Franciso, California and country area of San Fierro based on Contra Costa Count area.

That bridge based on northern cali bridge i forget the name

There was a quick chat about the bridge on page 1 or 2. Not exactly the same as the one in SA.

edit:

Now that I've had time to really compare the exercise/cliff house, I think I'm going to retract my previous statement and agree that it's in the background of the tennis pic. The upper deck looked too wide with windows in the wrong spots but I've looked closer at the slightly varying colors which would be different walls/angles. The railings are also dark and looked solid but that may just be the distant less-detailed model of the house.

Guest Marney-1

Thought I'd just post this clearer shot of the hillside condo. It's reeeaaaally hard to tell if it's the same one from the trailer but the shadows would match up. Now I'm not saying they match up because the screenshot comes from the same moment the trailer scene was shot but rather it makes it most likely the house is at least facing the same way as the trailer one. If it's not the same one it could certainly be on that same cliff edge.

post-10-0-87695200-1345762170_thumb.png

Edited by Marney-1
I don't think it's the same building.

I'm going to go ahead and say that's not the same house. The windows don't match, the balconies are black instead of white, and there's an orange building to the right of the house, whereas the house in the trailer has a white/off-white house next to it.

Guest Marney-1

Do you think we'll ever revisit these threads when the game is out to see who was right and who was wrong? :P

• Like 2

Do you really need to ask that? It was funny as shit when $3.50 made a whole blog dedicated to proving that GTAV wouldn't be in SA and was completely owned by the teaser trailer.

I looked at the house(s) a little more:

post-3-0-25725800-1345780254_thumb.png

They are VERY similar but I see a couple issues:

• Issue 1 is the width of the wall. In the trailer pic (top) the white wall section is a couple feet wide. In the screenshot (bottom) that section of wall is much bigger.
  • Issue 2 is the smaller wall section. In the trailer pic it ends (notice the shadow) and might continue with glass. In the screenshot the wall continues on for a large distance. Yes that part of the wall is on an angle but the column (highlighted with blue) that's a few feet away is about halfway in the trailer and much closer to the cliff side in the screenshot.
  • Issue 3 I'll just add that the roof over the deck in the trailer appears flat (note the shadow has no angled piece) and the screenshot looks like a pitched roof. I'm not 100% on this one since the distance/pixelation could be affecting it.

On the plus side both have a large tree towards the right and the screenshot looks to have some vines/whatever hanging over the front-right corner of the deck roof just like the trailer (again note the shadow).

On a related note I found a building with a sunken tennis court similar to the one in the screenshot in Pacific Palisades, CA:

post-3-0-15762300-1345781285.png

Similar layout and architecture but there are many like it.

• Like 1

as for issue three, I'll stick with it's a pergola. look at the shadows on the balkony, you can clearly see that it's not a solid structure above it, but rather several beams running parallel, supported by crossing beams and held high by the pillars, typical pergola construction, so I guess one can rule out that the main roof also covers the balcony for the trailer scene.

With the screenshot, there's some pixels irritating this impression. you took them for the sides of the roof. I took them for being some of the beams of the pergola as they, looking at the shadows, are a little overhanging to the right (when facing towards the house) and also considered the house to be flat-roofed like the neighboring house and the one from the screenshot seems to be alike (at least the right wing of it does lack any hints towards a gabled roof) but the distance and therefore LOD really makes it hard to be definite.

with issues one and two, I'm with you, but this might also be due to LOD, such distortions are unfortunately not uncommon and it happens that even prominent features like windows/doors seem different.

dude who gives a fuck about building comparisons just enjoy the pictures and pray for a 2012 release date or have you got that much spare time on your hands you find the need to go through every picture released and compare everything GET A FUCKING LIFE

Dirtbiking up to the mountain with a parachute on, then driving off at full speed and releasing your parachute while watching the bike burn up in flames... Fuck yeah.

Noticed there's some commotion in the Rockstar comments. Apparently something had been said yesterday during the IV MP event where they said to watch the newswire today...

I wouldn't be surprised if they just hit us with another trailer without a warning. (regardless of their previous statement that it could take a while)

Noticed there's some commotion in the Rockstar comments. Apparently something had been said yesterday during the IV MP event where they said to watch the newswire today...

I wouldn't be surprised if they just hit us with another trailer without a warning. (regardless of their previous statement that it could take a while)

If that did indeed happen, I strongly believe they were talking about filling up the 3 blank spaces for screenshots on the official V page, rather than a new trailer. But after that, hopefully we'll see a trailer.

dude who gives a fuck about building comparisons just enjoy the pictures and pray for a 2012 release date or have you got that much spare time on your hands you find the need to go through every picture released and compare everything GET A FUCKING LIFE

I got a life, thanks for the advice tho.

Just cuz you can't stand that ppl do more than just jizz their pants looking at a picture and actually wanna put the shown something into context... jeez... get a life yourself