Bluckmen

New GTA 5 Screenshots (Jet, Bike, Cheetah)

Nice screens, but again they'er all clearly in the same areas. I wonder if they're saving the best for later or if they haven't quite reached the point in development that we are thinking....

Good point DuP (Y)

I keep thinking how they must limit travel to LS, as opposed to SA which had so much more like SF and LV.

In that line of thinking, air travel restricted to the new LS area..... it's difficult to imagine, but it's GTA5 not SA.

Nice screens. Good to see the Cheetah back in action. Loved that ride since GTAIII.

Red glow on the plane wing could be tower lights, reflection, anything....not tripping over that right now.

Just good to see progress.

• Like 1

V-3-240.jpg

What's the source of that red glow on the jet's left wing? Could it be from another aircraft flying close by?

post-10-0-11166500-1345481856.png

Looking at the light direction, there's a possibility that it's meant to be a wing light, but they forgot to actually light the light... The thing with game engines is, you have to light the light - normally with an emissive texture, and then light the surrounding meshes individually using baked light maps - in most cases. There is real-time lighting, but they save that for the sun/moon daylight systems.

Obviously it could be something else lighting the wing, like a light on the tip of a skyscraper, but judging by the strength of the light, that's my guess...

Even though it looks as if we are gonna be playing as another middle aged bloke, I'm still hoping we are not. Im sick of being a slightly chubby man in real life, I don't want to be in games too. Lifes so hard. :no:

The detail looks great, good god just look at that tree.

Some pointless things I noticed (May have been pointed out already)

Building in the wing mirror looks like it's one that has been pointed out from the trailer I do believe. I forget the name. (How helpful is that)

Nice swimming pool bottom right of plane pic.

Red and Blue sign writing plane pic. Wasn't Ammu-Nation blue and white? Possibility maybe? I'm borderline useless.

Pleasure Pier looks beautiful.

Would rather a trailer than more screens, but I'll take anything. Looks like a long way from release if all we get is screens though.

Guest Marney-1

Topic title changed. Having 'this morning' in it just won't seem appropriate tomorrow.

@Grizzly When Rockstar start putting out screenshots at the rate they are (they confirmed more to come this week) it usually means we're 5 - 6 months from release.

Edited by Marney-1
  • Like 1

Topic title changed. Having 'this morning' in it just won't seem appropriate tomorrow.

@Grizzly When Rockstar start putting out screenshots at the rate they are (they confirmed more to come this week) it usually means we're 5 - 6 months from release.

Very good point. It is possible for them to also announce the release date of the second trailer with the screenshots and then give us the official release date with the second trailer.

Guest Marney-1

Very good point. It is possible for them to also announce the release date of the second trailer with the screenshots and then give us the official release date with the second trailer.

I wouldn't expect an exact release date until a few months before release, most likely a 'Coming Spring 2013' type announcement.

Guest Marney-1

post-10-0-59439300-1345501162_thumb.png

Ironic that the only thing keeping the #GTAV and #GrandTheftAutoV hash tags from the 'Trending Worldwide' top spot today was Top Gun director Tony Scott. Especially when you take the fighter jet pic into consideration.

Those bushes in the second pick... Meh.

Hopefully better on PC. Unless that's PC.

Just noticed that. It looked like they havnt rendered yet....

Guest Marney-1

Stay on topic people. And just a reminder, fanboyism won't be tolerated so don't be tempted to go down that path. (Above post removed in case you're wondering wtf I'm talking about.)

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I'm wondering if the next few screens (if they stay with 'TRANSPORT') will show us a motorbike, truck and a boat....?

Edited by Marney-1

Now that bikes are confirmed, triathlons are almost sure to make a comeback. Im hoping for both the man power races with the usual activities, and machine-power races we saw in TBoGT. I can't wait to be ripping down a mountain on that bike, Downhill Domination style.

The screenshots are great and a definate sign that were close to trailer two. Id say by the second week of september....

Do you all think its possible that they could still opt for an october release date?

Guest Marney-1

The screenshots are great and a definate sign that were close to trailer two. Id say by the second week of september....

Do you all think its possible that they could still opt for an october release date?

What do you mean - still? Was October ever mentioned as a possible release date?

What do you mean - still? Was October ever mentioned as a possible release date?

Yeah, you told us that r* told you that a couple of weeks ago. You do work for rockstar, dont you?

No, still has in as of this morning i thought an october release was definately out of the question but now its a possibility. [not high]

maybe the three blank spaces on the Rockstar GTAV page might mean that they MIGHT release screenshots Tuesday-Thursday, and maybe a trailer on Friday. ... or maybe i am being a little too hopeful

Guest Marney-1

Yeah, you told us that r* told you that a couple of weeks ago.

Erm, no I didn't.

They would announce the trailer date... And i think at Seperate times, so they can get the publicity /news articles from it.

I know they dont "need it" the same way i dont need another peice of chocolate cake, but if you can get it, why not?

Yeah, you told us that r* told you that a couple of weeks ago.

Erm, no I didn't.

Right, forgot that was on gold forums, nda...

Guest Marney-1

Right, forgot that was on gold forums, nda...

Once again, you're mistaken...or lying.

Anyway, anyone reckon we'll see an active tide?

540204_10151180290148708_114380165_n.jpg

Those bushes in the second pick... Meh.

Hopefully better on PC. Unless that's PC.

Just noticed that. It looked like they havnt rendered yet....

You'd think it would be rendered if he took a screen shot that close.

This makes me think slightly that it'll be the same graphics from IV.