Sign in to follow this  
Psy

Running Your Own Fansite

Would any of you guys be interested in running your own fansite using a version of my iGTA5.com content management system? I put a lot of work into it making it as easy as possible for admins to create and manage content and images and the CMS could be easily re-used across multiple websites (with different designs).

Doesn't necessarily need to be a gaming website, could really be used for anything, but the sites would work in a similar way to iGTA5.com.

My basic idea would be:

- I host the website

- I can help to put together your design / template

- I can provide support and make modifications to the CMS

- You have full control over all content, images, etc on the website.

- Hosting is free, however at least 1 of my ads must be displayed on every page.

- You could/should purchase your own domain name for use with the website. This will allow subdomains and email addresses to be created if required.

- Additionally, you should also acquire a Twitter, Facebook and/or Google+ page for your website's name.

- If the ads are successful, you would be entitled to a share of the profits (a percentage based on how much was made).

To conclude

You get a free website to run as your own and can potentially make some money from it.

Would anyone be interested? It'll still take a fair bit of work for me to get to a stage where I'm ready to do it, but if there's a few of you who would like to do this (e.g. a Fallout, Call of Duty, Bioshock, Agent fansite etc) then it's something I was thinking about making available.

If not, I'll just continue to make my CMS better for our own usage :)

• Like 1

Sound like a pretty mint opportunity, I think a few people would be interested, I wouldn't have the time but otherwise, nice one psy.

Ideally if I'm going to do it, I'd like a few different websites to make it worthwhile. Maybe 2 or 3 at a minimum. Would definitely be good if someone wanted to run fansites about other Rockstar Games like Agent or Manhunt as I don't think I'll ever have time for a dedicated website for those.

All that would be involved is writing content for pages, uploading images, writing news and moderating comments. You could help with the graphics for the design if you wanted, but the actual running of the site is almost as simple as making forum posts every now and then.

ifallout?? lol but yea, lets take a head count and see what kind of staff we could assemble... there's a lot of information that would be need to be added, including past games and such... and now would be a good time, ahead of the announcement of the next one...

is the website set up like iGTA5 or igrandtheftauto? because i kinda prefer the latter for a guide driven website...

:bones:<{ vote for me!! }

Guest Marney-1

I was thinking about throwing a few ads on my site to help pay for running costs. I'm yet to look into it though.

I was thinking about throwing a few ads on my site to help pay for running costs. I'm yet to look into it though.

Don't run your website at a loss for ages. A lot of people who make new websites think "I'll make a loss now then monetize later". Total dumbass move. The hosting fees end up crippling them and the website doesn't succeed. Put on small ads that help you breakeven and then when the masses come (see also, GAT5 RELEESE) put on obnoxious ads (depending on if your ads work on views and not clicks)

Guest Marney-1

Don't run your website at a loss for ages. A lot of people who make new websites think "I'll make a loss now then monetize later". Total dumbass move. The hosting fees end up crippling them and the website doesn't succeed. Put on small ads that help you breakeven and then when the masses come (see also, GAT5 RELEESE) put on obnoxious ads (depending on if your ads work on views and not clicks)

The site's been going for a few years without ads but if I were to add them I'd rather they were relevant to gaming and linking to an affiliate site.

It's something I keep trying to find the time for to look into.

is the website set up like iGTA5 or igrandtheftauto? because i kinda prefer the latter for a guide driven website...

V

using a version of my iGTA5.com content management system?

ohh... i guess that would still work... i just liked the blocky layout of igrandtheftauto...

icon11.gif

If they announce a new skate game anytime we should totally make one.

there are active communities like this one

SkateFluckit

they post vids and shit they make regularly.

Its dying down pretty good so its not worth it right now I dont think. But if they do announce a new one, i think it would be a good idea and id totally run it.