When can we expect more Official GtaV news? whether it be a trailer, or a statment. Now that Max Payne 3 is out, do you think we can expect more info in the next few weeks? or are we waiting until e3? Opinions?

When can we expect more Official GtaV news?

Next year.

Now that Max Payne 3 is out, do you think we can expect more info in the next few weeks?

Of course not. http://www.igta5.com/forums/topic/2040-max-payne-3-released-gta-v-rockstars-main-focus/

or are we waiting until e3? Opinions?

No. http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/news/gtaiii/586/gamespot-interview-with-dan-houser-about-gta-iii/ (first couple paragraphs under pic)

I really don't think anything big will come this year. Maybe a few screenshots and that's it. Of course it depends on when they expect to release the game (which I believe will be fall 2013 at this point).

There will be no more official info, all info from now on will be unofficial. This is the official word from R*... unofficially of course.

I'm sure R* are desperate for everyone to forget about Max Payne a day after its release and will be rushing to get more info out of the door ASAP.

• Like 1

I doubt it will be late next year, at the latest Q2 next year, earliest Q4 this year.

Rockstar is said to be releasing some news and or a new trailer before the E3 confrence of this year.

If you believe every fabricated article you read on the internet then yes, you could say that. Rockstar have said nothing, it's just these proud americany gaming sites like to generate page hits by making up whatever they think will get peoples attention.

As Flavor Flav once famously said: "Don't... don't... don't... don't believe the hype."

• Like 2

Guest Marney-1

Rockstar is said to be releasing some news and or a new trailer before the E3 confrence of this year.

There has been a 'prediction' that Rockstar would steal E3 Expo's attention by revealing more GTA V info on the eve of the show. Rockstar weren't the ones who said it though, so don't bother getting the kleenex out just yet.

Edit: Michael Pachter was the one who said it:

“They’ve outgrown the show. I think they’re way too cool to go,” he said, noting recent absences from the show in the past few years.

The last involvement the company had with the show in any form was the announcement of Agent at Sony’s E3 presser three years ago. We’re still yet to see the North-made game in action since.

Pachter added: “My read on those guys is they like stealing the thunder from everything else. So if I had to bet, I’d say you’d get an announcement on GTA V the day before E3 starts, that’d be Monday, June 4. they don’t show up and that’s all anybody can do is talk about GTA V at the show .”

Sony and Microsoft both hold its E3 press conferences on June 4.

@DVDMattR - Next time you post something like that provide the source and more detailed info to save me doing it for you.

Edited by Marney-1

Guest Marney-1

We will hear more information in June. The clerk at Gamestop told me.

Shoot that clerk in the face with an UZI. You must look as dumb as you sound too for him to have told you that.

• Like 2

Why? All he said was that we won't be hearing any more information on Grand Theft Auto 5 until June. I don't see what the big deal is.

Guest Marney-1

I wouldn't trust a game shop employee to put the right disc in the box, never mind trust what comes out of their mouth.

I think after Max Payne 3 is released in the rest of the world and once Rockstar do a few multiplayer events, they'll begin focusing a little more on GTA V. I reckon they'll start doing teasers to turn away from the facts.

• Like 1

Good point! Rockstar pays attention to everything that's going on, and if they see that people are trying to hard to figure out what's in the trailer, examining every pixel in every frame in the video and creating false rumors that are getting out of hand that may be putting a bad image on the game, Rockstar will step in. My brain is tired I am going to take a break.

Guest Marney-1

Good point! Rockstar pays attention to everything that's going on, and if they see that people are trying to hard to figure out what's in the trailer, examining every pixel in every frame in the video and creating false rumors that are getting out of hand that may be putting a bad image on the game, Rockstar will step in. My brain is tired I am going to take a break.

That's actually true. If R* think there's a rumour that's getting out of hand and being taken as fact they may consider releasing an official statement to quash the rumour. It doesn't mean they'll release new information though.

Guest Marney-1

Further to my last post - there was a rumour in the last several months which almost forced R* to release a statement but I can't think what it was at the moment.

Guest Marney-1

Well please try to remember. I would really like to know. Thanks.

I've decided not to tell you because I can't bear to listen to you and other noobs go on about it all over again.

• Like 4