Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

It looks beautiful. The character customization also looks much more in-depth than any other TES game.

It is an MMO after all.

I don't like the fact that they are apparently holding a whole race ransom to collector editions, but I'm still very interested in seeing how this game plays out.

From the screens, it looks nice, how does the gameplay compare to Skyrim Dup?

If i'm honest, it feels just like i'm playing Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim. Which is a good thing.

The mechanics are exactly the same with sneaking, crafting, looting and all that. The graphics are obviously different, which doesn't look too bad anyway. But having loads of other players running around the main mission paths with you takes a little getting used to. Not too sure how looting works, because at times, i've been in a battle with something and someone has come in and overkilled it with some magic spell, and then taken the rights to the loot, and other times, i've been battling in a small group and we've all been able to loot the corpse.

With regards to the map size: At the moment, i'm only on a small island (as described in the game) called Khenarthi’s Roost, which is actually pretty big. And i've only been to one other location, which is on the other side of an oblivion gate. And i've done a few straightforward missions for locals.

Map:

l43DCW6.jpg

Someone should probably just rename this thread 'Elder Scrolls', like the Fallout thread, because i'll probably only use this one for ESO discussion in the future anyway... Skyrims' awesome, but i don't think we need multiple Elder Scrolls threads.

Yep it is in the Elsweyr region. The locals are all khajiit.

having beta connection issues tonight whilst they tweak the server limits. So i've not had a chance to play. But i want to, so i guess they're doing something right.

Right now, my biggest issue with the game is the pre-order bonus. Allowing people to use any race within any faction is horrendously lore-breaking, more so than anything else they've done so far. Considering how many people pre-order games, there will be enough characters in factions they dont belong in that there will be no reason to have separated the races to begin with. My immersion was ruined before I ever played the game.

And good look quickly determining who to attack in PvP.

• Like 2

I dont really care too much about lore, but if certain races belong to certain factions, it would seem like it would break the atmosphere to much...

Right now, my biggest issue with the game is the pre-order bonus. Allowing people to use any race within any faction is horrendously lore-breaking, more so than anything else they've done so far. Considering how many people pre-order games, there will be enough characters in factions they dont belong in that there will be no reason to have separated the races to begin with. My immersion was ruined before I ever played the game.

And good look quickly determining who to attack in PvP.

Tbh, most MMOs these days make it extremely complicated to determine who is who in PvP, WoW nailed due to the graphics and clear differences between races, but still, a proper UI will solve that issue.

I didn't about that bonus, but it does sound stupid, and I usually don't give a fuck about lore in video games. Lore in MMOs is always fucked anyway, decisions on the story are determined on what's best for the game. Warcraft had a very interesting thing going up until Arthas becoming Lich King, but after that it all went to shit due to WoW, come on nigga, killing off both Illidan and Arthas? Now we are left with fucking pandas and emo orcs.

I finally got to a point where i can take a boat across to a much bigger island, which almost feels like mainland. I'm now in Auridon, where there's everything i need from shops, guilds, to smithing and crafting.

It looks pretty too.

XLBUwE2.jpg

RMQboSy.jpg

TiGd1b0.jpg

I was sent one of those weekend beta keys and realized the game needs 60gb. lol fuck that for a beta weekend.

Possibly so. I'll be picking this game up for sure when it's released. I got my enjoyment from the beta weekends. I'll probably dive in one last time this weekend though, see what's new.

\edit

Actually it requires me to download the entire 60gb even though I had previously already downloaded 30gb of it. I have a shit slow connection, that will take me all weekend. So I wont be on this rime after all, I'll just wait for the game to release.

Wow, they made khajiit look pretty awesome.

Are the racial choices limited in the beta, or do you just believe in the might of the Aldmeri Dominion as much as I do?

You gonna make a "Let's Play" for us, Dupz?

Also, now that I mention it. Cuda's voice would be great for a 'Let's play'... or anything for that matter.

yeh buddy

Anyone playing this? Did it turn out any good?

I have it for PC. It's pretty good so far and has the potential to be amazing when new maps etcetera get added. I quite like the clean UI although certain elements really should be toggleable for those who want them; I'd be happy with a speech bubble option in particular as I think the chat leaves a bit to be desired, and an FOV slider would make first person view viable (I'm fairly certain they are working on this already though).