basesim

Realistic car crashes in GTA V, would it be possible?

Just saw this impressive video on Twitter:

Realistic_Car_Crashes.png

!

I wouldn't mind seeing realistic crashes like that in GTA V although it looks like you'd have to be a pretty good driver if you wanted to keep your car for more than 5 minutes.

That's CryEngine 3 right?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

id love to see more "realistic" crash damage, i think it would add that much added playing time, just fucking around smashing shit.

but like its allready been said, id imagine it would be real difficult for the processor to handle all that extra stuff going on.

either way, im game regardless if they do it or not.

Cars be damned. What about realistic damage to bodies, like in MP3?

I liked the gore in Max Payne 3 but, they need to bring back gore to where you can blow off some guys head lol.

However, I did see some blown up body parts in the campaign.

Seeing these kind of physics in a GTA game would be pretty awesome, but at the same time I think of how difficult it'd be to maintain the car. I personally want to play a fun GTA game than a simulation. All this talk about having the option to do so seems really impractical. For someone to put this in as a mod would be awesome. I don't think consoles could even render this if it were an option lol.

I think realistic crashes would add fun to the game, think about it, is a car game after all, if you don't know how to drive in gta you must be pretty retarded because it is easy as hell, I can easily avoid traffic at high speeds on closed roads, anyone can do it.

now think about how much fun it would add to multiplayer, we could have a derby contest and shit like that.

If they had the option to turn it off or on i would be glad to use it haha

But if i was in a mission and hit somebody at 35 and failed the mission iwould be one pissed off mofo haha

but yes the option would be nice to have

Hi igta5, this look good, but is cryengine, probably will not be so realistic in GTA5 http://www.autoblog....bout-to-become/

Sorry, I reposted this video.

No problem, it answered XXCrimsonXX's question anyway.

Welcome to iGTA5. :)

wow it was one smart post, first post and has something smart to say, not like most newcomer idiots, even if it is his only post it will be recorded in our retinas.

Guest Marney-1

Hi igta5, this look good, but is cryengine, probably will not be so realistic in GTA5 http://www.autoblog....bout-to-become/

Sorry, I reposted this video.

No problem, it answered XXCrimsonXX's question anyway.

Welcome to iGTA5. :)

wow it was one smart post, first post and has something smart to say, not like most newcomer idiots, even if it is his only post it will be recorded in our retinas.

Well maybe one or two people around here could learn something from this new member's post, like how to engage in a forum discussion properly.

Now back on topic.

Guest Marney-1

I Dont know if this has been posted yet but this car damage looks pretty cool.

It's certainly more realistic.

• Like 1

I'd love to crash and watch people fly out their windows, or me fly out mine. It's always funny to watch.

Guest Marney-1

I'd love to crash and watch people fly out their windows, or me fly out mine. It's always funny to watch.

Yeah it's funny when that happens in GTA IV.

Guest Marney-1

It's certainly more realistic.

Yeah just look at the part 3 minutes 28 seconds where the cars front end is upturned

You can get that same damage effect by firing the explosive sniper rifle at the ground just beneath the front bumper. Come to think of it, every time the vehicle hits something it's almost like an explosive round is hitting it.

well tbh, the idea is great. though i will say i don't think it should be. maybe that damage but not the fact the wheels come off or the car is completely doubled up. i think that it should b like this and if it is, maybe the cop cars could have PITing bars (http://www.blogcdn.c...ice-cop-car.jpg is a pic of one) over the front bumper (or fender) but as you can see in the trailer, they don't have them, unless they had internally strengthened bumpers (or fenders) where the bumper covers up the metal bars and only allows scratches and minor dents. very good idea though, i do like it :D

P.S, i didn't see the vids above, they are good but not too much different that what happens on he console version

I am pretty sure some of you have played just cause 2, maybe a combination of both wouldn't be bad.

car damage bending physics plus the extra little debris and camera added to crashes, bumpers falling off and of course the engine fail on 70+ mph direct hit crashes.

it wouldn't be a bad idea to integrate damage to the driver when the crash is too hard, this was added in driver parallel lines (the one from ps2), another good feature that should be added are pieces of the car becoming disabled, for example in the same mentioned game when you impacted something too hard the front drive train would become completely useless and the wheels would go off flying, given that the game is surely almost complete, and these seem to be hard-coded changes they have either included them already or not.

The physics could definitely be upgraded. I think the cars should show much more damage. What would be very entertaining is crashing into each others cars which would sometimes result with the cars being lodged together lol But I want them to improve the cars so that they can flip out much easier, I didn't always like the cars having too much of a heavy feeling to them, I LOVED seeing my or a cop car just going full speed but then take a sharp turn or go over a bump to see the car just flip out of control and become wrecked, I want to see the sort of car crashes you would in Nascar ^^ Now that would be badass.

I want to see the sort of car crashes you would in Nascar ^^ Now that would be badass.

While it would be entertaining to see, it wouldn't be realistic, since NASCAR car bodies aren't made with the same heavy metal that normal street cars are made with. in fact they aren't really made out of metal at all, they are made of a carbon fiber material to reduce the weight of the car if i'm not mistaken.