Jump to content

GTA V on PC in

Countryside


185 replies to this topic

#1 roaddog66

    Upstanding Citizen

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
4

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

I wondering what the countryside what would be. Will it look like red dead much better. I hope there be animal while u hike up the mountain. What do u guys think?

#2 Guest_Marney1_*

  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Yeah I'm hoping for at least some wildlife, flower picking, make daisy chain necklaces etc. Sit there all night waiting for a groundhog to emerge so I can blow it's head off.

Dig holes with a spade.

#3 grove_nz

    Pickpocket

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
41

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

I do hope they take some inspriration from RDR regarding the countryside. There should be nothing holding them back from having animals, such as deer, in the game after what they allowed in RDR. Skinning and selling parts of the animal should be unnessecary but that shouldn't take away from them being apart of the game.

#4 OptimumPx

    Basket Case

  • Admin
  • 608 posts
318

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

I'm thinking there will at least be smaller and/or non-threatening animals (rabbits, foxes, deer etc) running around to make the work look alive.

Not so sure about larger threatening animals like wolfs, bears, or mountain lions. Once you get larger and deadlier weapons whats the point? Not even the biggest bear could stand up to a rocket launcher.

Also...Marney, don't troll. <_<

#5 1970Stang

    Vandal

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
7
  • LocationOntario

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

I Really hope for a desert like the one is SA, i loved it...

#6 Guest_Marney1_*

  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostOptimumPx, on 18 November 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

I'm thinking there will at least be smaller and/or non-threatening animals (rabbits, foxes, deer etc) running around to make the work look alive.

Not so sure about larger threatening animals like wolfs, bears, or mountain lions. Once you get larger and deadlier weapons whats the point? Not even the biggest bear could stand up to a rocket launcher.

Also...Marney, don't troll. <_<

I haven't trolled. Dunno why a bit of humour and thought provoking can be interpreted as trolling, plus you never got back to me with proof of where I allegedly earned that warning for spam a few months ago.

Back on topic: I'd be quite happy to see little fishies swimming past in a stream - that leads all the way back to a waterfall. Do they have any waterfalls round California?

#7 roaddog66

    Upstanding Citizen

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
4

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Yes they do


#8 ViceMan

    Decidedly average.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
945

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

I just had a thought... You're involved in a 4 star police chase, speeding through the twisting country roads with the fuzz hot on your tail, then out of nowhere a deer jumps out into the road and you plow straight through it at 60mph totalling your car and sending you flying off into some trees. Now that would be pretty epic.

More so if Tommy was driving the car and CJ was masturbating in the passenger's seat.

#9 trathen

    north west represent....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
14
  • LocationLiverpool
  • PSN Name:trathen

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

View PostViceMan, on 18 November 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

I just had a thought... You're involved in a 4 star police chase, speeding through the twisting country roads with the fuzz hot on your tail, then out of nowhere a deer jumps out into the road and you plow straight through it at 60mph totalling your car and sending you flying off into some trees. Now that would be pretty epic.

More so if Tommy was driving the car and CJ was masturbating in the passenger's seat.


That'd be epic. I can just picture it now, then all the police cars manage to hit the dead deer too but they all die in a huge fireball because they haven't got the same skills (and cheats, they dont have them either).

#10 OptimumPx

    Basket Case

  • Admin
  • 608 posts
318

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

View PostMarney1, on 18 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostOptimumPx, on 18 November 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

I'm thinking there will at least be smaller and/or non-threatening animals (rabbits, foxes, deer etc) running around to make the work look alive.

Not so sure about larger threatening animals like wolfs, bears, or mountain lions. Once you get larger and deadlier weapons whats the point? Not even the biggest bear could stand up to a rocket launcher.

Also...Marney, don't troll. <_<

I haven't trolled. Dunno why a bit of humour and thought provoking can be interpreted as trolling, plus you never got back to me with proof of where I allegedly earned that warning for spam a few months ago.

Back on topic: I'd be quite happy to see little fishies swimming past in a stream - that leads all the way back to a waterfall. Do they have any waterfalls round California?

"Yeah I'm hoping for at least some wildlife, flower picking, make daisy chain necklaces etc. Sit there all night waiting for a groundhog to emerge so I can blow it's head off."

As a direct response, I'd view that as trolling.

#11 Grizzly

    Dangerous

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
9
  • LocationOxford, UK

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Waterfalls would be amazing. Don't know Cali at all so wouldn't know how they would fit in. But imagine if its just Los Santos and a couple extra areas, if the countryside is going to be a vast area, and I imagine with deal with some missions or side missions, it will be detailed, very detailed.

If there's no bikes, I hope there are horses, and I can base jump from a horse from the mountain top. That'd b kooool.

#12 roaddog66

    Upstanding Citizen

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
4

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

Waterfall r big in Yosemite national park they have 3-4 of them hopefully we will see them in the game

#13 Cowboy Tuff

    Nobody Special

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
0

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

I would like to see some farming areas, we saw the crop duster going over the workers while they picked grapes...
What about a pot farm somewhere out tere, and not just 1 but a couple, and there can be police vilgant jobs where you go take the farm down...
It would also be pretty cool if there was a dariy farm with a bunch of cows, you could open the gates pop off a few rounds and watch the stampede of dariy cows!!!

#14 Rayge

    'English motherfucker, do you speak it?'

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
689

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

I believe it will be very similar to the RDR countryside/desert, as now Rockstar have had experience making detailed nature instead of those crappy excuses for trees in GTA IV. I would like to see a plain, scorching hot desert like the one in SA, but with wildlife and new graphics. Same with the forest.

#15 Headshot

    Litterer

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
9
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

I got bored of the grim grey feeling of GTA 4 very quickly so I have to agree with the concept of desert vs the lush green forests

#16 Zen

    Upstanding Citizen

  • Gold Member
  • 35 posts
5

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

View PostManicMarcus, on 18 November 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

I believe it will be very similar to the RDR countryside/desert, as now Rockstar have had experience making detailed nature instead of those crappy excuses for trees in GTA IV. I would like to see a plain, scorching hot desert like the one in SA, but with wildlife and new graphics. Same with the forest.


I hope not, I found it incredibly boring having to travel through so much desert to get to my next location.

#17 Rayge

    'English motherfucker, do you speak it?'

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
689

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:50 AM

View PostZen, on 19 November 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

View PostManicMarcus, on 18 November 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

I believe it will be very similar to the RDR countryside/desert, as now Rockstar have had experience making detailed nature instead of those crappy excuses for trees in GTA IV. I would like to see a plain, scorching hot desert like the one in SA, but with wildlife and new graphics. Same with the forest.


I hope not, I found it incredibly boring having to travel through so much desert to get to my next location.


I meant the same style and realism of it, not the actual size. And you're forgetting RDR was set 100 years prior to GTA V, where there were no such things as giant cities.

#18 roaddog66

    Upstanding Citizen

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
4

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

RDR was a good game

#19 trathen

    north west represent....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
14
  • LocationLiverpool
  • PSN Name:trathen

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

View Postroaddog66, on 19 November 2011 - 07:48 PM, said:

RDR was a good game


good observations, you have learnt well ,young one :clap:

Moving on,
i believe there was a fake list put on here somewhere mentioning a road that goes out into the distance, as straight as a ruler and goes on and on. That'd be nice, the game wouldn't just be on an island if that was the case and it would give it a better feel I think. I'll have to dig out the topic from the gta 5 discussion at some point whn i'm not falling asleep

#20 1970Stang

    Vandal

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
7
  • LocationOntario

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

dunes and buggys. nuf said





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users