Sign in to follow this  
Ostrich Boy

GTA 5 Wii U?

I just wanted to say a few things before I forget about this topic and never return to it:

1) You have no idea what the Wii U can do. You can read all the specs you want but that doesn't change anything. The fact that you seem to think there is a technological advantage to "upgrading" to the Wii U is depressing. If anything the Wii U will finally catch up to the graphical standrads set by Sony and Xbox years ago.

2) GTA 5 will be the exact same game on every console. There is no way possible that they would even consider starting the project for the Wii U and then downgrading it for PS3/Xbox 360 users. Wouldn't happen ever. Either way if it runs at 720p on the Xbox/PS3 it will run 720p on the Wii U or less. Not more.

3) I highly doubt anyone would buy a new console over simply buying the game alone. "Oh but they can put the HUD on the touch screen". Yes. Please tell me what a HUD stands for. Oh yes. Heads Up Display. Having the HUD on the touch screen is a terrible idea. The whole point of it is so that you don't need to pause the game, or look around to see where you are on your map, how much health you have, and what weapons you are carrying. I know that the touch screen can be used for other purposes, but even so once again I highly doubt anyone with half a brain will be buying a Wii U simply for an extra feature that the other versions wouldn't have.

4) Multiplayer: Nintendo doesn't have it. They will need to set up an effective multiplayer system for the release, or cut it out of the Nintendo version of GTA 5 completely. I'm not sure if you have used multiplayer on the Wii often or ever, but in case you haven't it was hacked. A LOT. Sometimes to the point where the games were unplayable. Multiplayer is what will keep the replay value of GTA 5 going, and if the Wii U can't handle it.. well I think you get the picture.

and finally:

5) If you look at the global total for Bully the game sold less than 500 000 copies for Wii. Meanwhile Bully on Xbox 360 and PS3 both sold just shy of 1 million units each. http://www.vgchartz....edb/?name=bully So there's that too.

Sorry man. I know you seem to think it would be worthwhile. I unfortunately will have to disagree with you. It just seems like a waste of time to build their game on a console that hasn't even been released, or been tested by the press. Maybe down the line if Nintendo can prove the Wii U is worth more than the cardboard box they ship it in then Nintendo might get some AAA games. Until then I'll be using my PS3.

For a Canadian and a noob you speak a lot of sense. I'm impressed.

As for this topic, I just wish it would die already.

For a Canadian and a noob you speak a lot of sense. I'm impressed.

As for this topic, I just wish it would die already.

It will never die!

*insert maniacal laugh here

I can't believe this topic is still going. Ostrich Boy is just arguing for arguing's sake now, and Ku Zi Mu has an impressive knack for revising history to suit his own petulant arguments.

The only good thing that's come out of it so far has been The9thPawn's response.

Okay, here's what's going to happen: I'm not deleting spam posts in here anymore. Obviously this does not mean you can spam freely, because, if I see too many spam posts, I'm going to lock this shit topic, and it's finally going to drop down the topic list and fade out of memory like it should have a month ago. Also, the people posting the spam will be warned, so, established members, don't spam the topic just to get it locked.

Have a pleasant day, proud americans.

Okay, here's what's going to happen: I'm not deleting spam posts in here anymore. Obviously this does not mean you can spam freely, because, if I see too many spam posts, I'm going to lock this shit topic, and it's finally going to drop down the topic list and fade out of memory like it should have a month ago. Also, the people posting the spam will be warned, so, established members, don't spam the topic just to get it locked.

Have a pleasant day, proud americans.

I can live with that

Guest Marney1

Lazlow says "Games like Max Payne 3 are NOT being made for Wii" - so I highly doubt we'll see GTA V on Wii U.

Listen @17:13 for that bit.

Lazlow says "Games like Max Payne 3 are NOT being made for Wii" - so I highly doubt we'll see GTA V on Wii U.

Of course they're not developing any games for the wii. The wii's shit processing power wouldnt be able to handle any of rockstar's current gen games. However, the wii u could be a whole different story. This is like lazlow saying that they aren't developing anything for ps2. We know they arent, and it's obvious.

Guest Marney1

Of course they're not developing any games for the wii. The wii's shit processing power wouldnt be able to handle any of rockstar's current gen games. However, the wii u could be a whole different story. This is like lazlow saying that they aren't developing anything for ps2. We know they arent, and it's obvious.

I think he meant the Wii as in across the whole range. Do you work for Nintendo?

Also, chill out.

• Like 1

I think he meant the Wii as in across the whole range. Do you work for Nintendo?

Marney, It's pointless trying to show valid points to him to tell him it won't happen. I can't see this thread much longer before it becomes a total fanboy war.

Guest Marney1

Anyone know the statistics for how many adults own a Wii (potential future Wii U owners) compared to adults owning a PS3 or 360?

I'm sure Rockstar know these figures and will figure that if it's mostly kids who own the majority of the Wii's it won't be worth developing a game for it [Wii U].

What about people who own wii's and another system? They will want to upgrade theirnintendo console, and if gta cost the same amount as the ps3/Xbox variants, it would make more sense to buy the wii u version.

Guest Marney1

What about people who own wii's and another system? They will want to upgrade theirnintendo console, and if gta cost the same amount as the ps3/Xbox variants, it would make more sense to buy the wii u version.

Do you work for Nintendo?

Really? I own a Wii and I sure as fuck don't want to upgrade to a Wii U. No it won't make more sense to buy GTA on Wii U. Nintendo's multiplayer sucks balls, also developers hate using the Wii's version of the market place. Stop trying to be a fanproud american and look at the real side.

Also If your actually 18 and able to play Grand Theft Auto and you want the Wii U version that bad I feel bad for you.

• Like 1

Really? I own a Wii and I sure as fuck don't want to upgrade to a Wii U. No it won't make more sense to buy GTA on Wii U. Nintendo's multiplayer sucks balls, also developers hate using the Wii's version of the market place. Stop trying to be a fanproud american and look at the real side.

Also If your actually 18 and able to play Grand Theft Auto and you want the Wii U version that bad I feel bad for you.

As for the crappy multiplayer, nintendo is dealing with that. The shitty marketplace, too.

Guest Marney1

As for the crappy multiplayer, nintendo is dealing with that. The shitty marketplace, too.

Do you work for Nintendo?

Guest Marney1

skipped through the posts... all I can say is that I agree with the devs of this site, not gonna happen

How much you wanna bet?

I'll ask this one more time before I get warned; DO YOU WORK FOR NINTENDO?

Edit: Answer the question ffs!

skipped through the posts... all I can say is that I agree with the devs of this site, not gonna happen

How much you wanna bet?

A few months ago, a member named CoolKing had a prediction for the second GTA V trailer. Said if it wasn't out by that date, Duff could ban him. The date came and went, and he was banned.

How sure are you that GTA V will be on the Wii U? How much do you want to bet?

• Like 4

How much you wanna bet?

A few months ago, a member named CoolKing had a prediction for the second GTA V trailer. Said if it wasn't out by that date, Duff could ban him. The date came and went, and he was banned.

How sure are you that GTA V will be on the Wii U? How much do you want to bet?

Finally, we are getting down to brass tacks. Are you willing to put yourself on the line for this? What are you willing to bet, I'm curious.

How much you wanna bet?

No I do not.

Guest Marney1

How much you wanna bet?

No I do not.

Jesus Mary Joseph Brian, thank you.

Sign in to follow this