Sooo, i was watching the trailer, again, for like the 1000th time ;)... any ways, saw the Zeppelins and thought to myself... "wait, if there are Zeppelins, that are made out of very thin material flying around Los santos, could we blow then up?? I know that the planes didn't blow up in gta 4, but really. its s Zeppelin. its full of gas and its materiel, though strong, cannot take a bullet. thoughts guys?

Guest Marney1

Blimp.

Edit: You can learn everything there is to know from GOODYEAR - they're the world leader's when it comes to blimps.

Also before anyone starts whacking off at the thought of making one burst into a great fireball it'll likely be filled with helium which is an inert gas.

The one in the GTA V trailer might be a zeppelin but there's no way to tell without a closer look so for now it's a blimp.

The difference between Blimps & Zeppelin's explained.

marney1blimpexpert.com

i recall zeppelins in another open world urban video game... i know marney knows where i am going with this;

saboteur.07.lg.jpg

i am pretty sure that if the impact distance on rockets could reach them, you can blow them up... and if there are planes like the trailer suggests, they will be reachable, perhaps even flyable... i myself wouldn't mind taking a rampage tour in one through downtown at 20 MPH!!

but they might not blow up, they might just collapse like a macy's parade float...

• Like 1

The blimp/whatever seems to be in the same spot throughout the trailer. The airplane at the end of the trailer might not actually be as high as it, and could be at the height limit in the city area. Even if you get to the top of the nearest skyscraper it might be too far off for the RPG's reach too.

For now I'm saying it is not interactive. If it was flying around maybe.

Guest Marney1

The blimp/whatever seems to be in the same spot throughout the trailer. The airplane at the end of the trailer might not actually be as high as it, and could be at the height limit in the city area. Even if you get to the top of the nearest skyscraper it might be too far off for the RPG's reach too.

I'm thinking it might be tethered to the ground and is just an advert for that new tower that's under construction.

• Like 1

icon11.gif

The one in the GTA V trailer might be a zeppelin but there's no way to tell without a closer look so for now it's a blimp.

Or we can just call it a dirigible.

Shit I didn't even notice the dirigible in the trailer. Pretty awesome. Gotta hope they will blow up in some sort of fashion.

Replayed VC a while back after so many years and completely forgot, there's blimps/dirigibles in there too! :) And those were indeed above the heightlimit and never appeared to come closer either. I do think you'll be able to get close to one this time around, but how the interactivity goes remains to be seen ofcourse.

i recall zeppelins in another open world urban video game... i know marney knows where i am going with this;

saboteur.07.lg.jpg

i am pretty sure that if the impact distance on rockets could reach them, you can blow them up... and if there are planes like the trailer suggests, they will be reachable, perhaps even flyable... i myself wouldn't mind taking a rampage tour in one through downtown at 20 MPH!!

but they might not blow up, they might just collapse like a macy's parade float...

wait pandenemic studios is closed Oo

come on mate, i think there could be other cityes in gta v, just check out the first gta san andreas trailer it only shows los santos, and a few characters

not only could could blow them up, but couldn't you shoot them as well? if the sniper with the explosive bullets is back, I can see it being very likely that you can bring them down with a gun.

If you look closely at this screenschot, it's pretty clear it's not just a static object in the background, it looks like it has depth to it and I can imagine standing on the roof of the tallest building next to it you'd have a pretty close up look on it.

http://www.igta5.com/images/gta-5-trailer-1-airplane-flying-towards-los-santos.jpg

Oops Treefitty, you already mentioned that scene, my bad :)

Sooo, i was watching the trailer, again, for like the 1000th time ;)... any ways, saw the Zeppelins and thought to myself... "wait, if there are Zeppelins, that are made out of very thin material flying around Los santos, could we blow then up?? I know that the planes didn't blow up in gta 4, but really. its s Zeppelin. its full of gas and its materiel, though strong, cannot take a bullet. thoughts guys?

It's a blimp not a zepplin. And yes, you can blow it up. You can't pilot it though.

It's a blimp not a zepplin. And yes, you can blow it up. You can't pilot it though.

Source?

Again, you seem to have forgotten the "I think" or "I hope" part. Stating an opinion as if it is a fact will not work well in this place. -_-