DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

3 hours ago, ViceMan said:

Makes the map scale seem pretty small if it's that close to the railway.

I started thinking the same thing but I think it will seem bigger in-game. When comparing the leaked map it definitely seems smaller but icons/locations may not be too accurate. More like placeholders.

I think this is more accurate as far as the rocks near Valentine. Small rock might be a little more south now that I look at it. I also traced out the "trails" in black to show them more easily:

rocks3.png

The horseback fight/chase scene is the "road" north of the blue mound. The radar shows they are on a "road" in that shot. The "trail" under the big rock can be seen in this shot below. There is even two wagons passing each other background-right next to the horse's tail:

1286.jpg

• Like 2

I'm assuming that is isn't a ranch, it's more of a town's livestock cattle stable in Valentine. Some of the town's value is in it's livestock... Reminds me of a TV series i've watched, can't remember the name, but it was on Netflix.

Fitty, mind if i integrate your town maps on my map, in a similar way that i added Saint Denis? Full credit on it, of course. I was thinking of Overlaying the buildings in the same way i did Saint Denis, then having a line of your detailed map images along the bottom of the map as reference...?

This for example:

unSDBmD.jpg

But with the building placement on the full map too.

• Like 1

This is a rough guess. But i'm like 60% sure these two mountain ranges are the same but from completely different angles. Top shot is that Mystery Desert, and by the looks of it, the foggy shot is likely the Marsh, unless you think that's wrong? So the Desert could be on the opposite side of the water/lake looking North...

So then, that mean's there has to be a mountain on the map between them. And geologically, from those angles, this is the best match i could find. What d'ya think? Preferably i'd like more evidence, but you work with what you got right? Unless someone can find this Mountain Range in other shots, that would be great!

PpobAGY.jpg

• Like 1

I'm still hoping that desert is somewhere else entirely, it should be an entire region not a small part of an existing one. I'm 50/50 on those two mountain ranges, there are similarities yes but not enough to say for certain.

11 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Fitty, mind if i integrate your town maps on my map, in a similar way that i added Saint Denis?

Hell no!

(yes of course) :P

RE: Desert pic... They are similar but not quite. Tried the 'ol cut out one, flip it, lower opacity, and compare over the other trick. Didn't look promising.

That's the thing, i was doing the same thing, but this range looks like it might curve around the bottom part of the map, so could look different from different angles. I'm not quite sure what angle this WE is, but this was my estimation. Again i could be way off... But I have a feeling that Mexican landmass to the south is where we're looking from.

MGZtoR3.jpg

• Like 1

As much as that RDR minimap looks like a good match, the direction is completely off (note the North arrow is top-right).

BUT... if we go with the RDR direction, that would put the range along the west part of the map. Since the desert pic is more stretched out that would tell me the desert is more north than the Great Plains - much more. Which would put it more in line with the Heartlands...... :ph34r:

(and this hinges on Rockstar actually keeping the same mountain shapes from the old game, which I would think to be difficult but a fun way to really connect the two games)

Yeah, i forgot the minimap North was a little black arrow. I was looking at it all wrong. That mountain range is off to the west in RDR1. 

Wbg4ZIq.jpg

I think the Desert shot still could be situated on that Flat Iron Nub, Looking towards the Great Plains/Tall Trees. But there's a few layers of mountains going on, so they're blending together in the horizon.

• Like 1

Just a few inconsequential things that aren't that revelatory, may have already been noticed but weren't worth posting about;

Annesburg

WlrbgAJ.jpg

Somewhere near Valentine

ZAUd5Eb.png

(Saw loads more but got tired of drawing coloured lines and uploading the images.}

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 2

Now that really throws things through a loop with regards to the desert pic since it's mountain line is seemingly opposite of what the Great Plains pic shows... :lamo:

And on the subject of random little things I believe this pic is from the northeast corner of the map near Brandywine Drop based on the angle of the river with the road/trail next to it as shown in the minimap:

1389.jpg

• Like 1

Nice observation on that graveyard shot Vice! We should also be looking at caravan camps, we might find something new!

Yeah Fitty, i wish i didnt start speculating with that desert scene now, mind is clusterfucked. I'm thinking too deep into this shit.

Update v0.66.

Added the detailed town maps.

Markers for all the camps.

Added an accurate grid.

https://i.imgur.com/NPkamSx.jpg 

NPkamSx.jpg

• Like 1

So i've been looking at these rocks, i've dubbed them QD's mounds.

YRxS67C.jpg

So far as I can tell they are up in the Grizzlies somewhere east of Valentine, maybe up near Iron Cloud. They are different from this rock (left side) which I was also looking at.

1377.jpg

Which is somewhere in the centre-east of the map, not quite sure where but it's seen quite a lot. Then I got to looking at that river, meanders north east not really matching anything we have on the map, doesn't look like Roanoke Ridge area to me. Now, looking at the border between The Heartlands and Scarlett Meadows there's a place called Dewberry Creek which would suggest a river running through it. The border runs at a 45 degree angle like the river, so my guess is it would be there. Any thoughts?

• Like 2

I was trying to link that bottom pic to Mossy Flats and then Roanoke Valley area but the river/creek bends weren't quite matching up as far as I could see. I'm thinking Roanoke Valley with the island off Van Horn in the far distance. THe river bends just changed since the leaked map was made.

Maybe, I wasn't sure if the body of water was the main river or one of the swampy inlets, my initial thought was it did look like the stretch of bank around Annesburg up to Van Horn, but yeah the angles and twistiness of the river didn't match.

Also here's my rather vague take on the desert mountains, i'm sure you and Dup have done something better already.

4OH4ZNl.jpg

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

I think i'm in agreement that this is Hanging Dog Ranch, you can see what appear to be tents and wagons outside and we know it's a caravan camp.

1394.jpg

I was starting to form an argument for it being Watsons Cabin, then started looking at the other creek/river south of Little Creek, but came back to Hanging Dog.

hangingdog.png

^I was going with the bump out in the middle as a reference point which the more southern creek has but at the very end. And then the rest of the northwestern curve wasn't there but Little Creek has that. So I'd say the bump out was not included on the leak map and the abrubt L bend under hanging dog on the map is as shown in the pic with the bottom cut off by the rock ledge.

Can we link these two?

1331.jpg

1074.jpg

You can see two chimneys in the older pic but I think in the new one the angle might be obscuring the second. There also appears to be smaller building or lean to in front in the newer shot so i'm not sure if it is the same place.

Also has anyone with their technical wizardry been able to decipher some of those purple place names?

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

No idea about the purple writing. I'm no good at reading half the ledgible ones let alone that lol. I did try though. I tried changing the colour, making it smaller, enhancing the sharpness and still couldnt read any of it. 

Obviously the most important one is in the Key list, that would help us decipher some of them.

Also, If we can find one of the locations in the screencaps somehow, we might be able to figure out what that catagory is.

They could be old abandoned mines?

There's an abandoned mine below Pronghorn Ranch marked in white (also in a different font as if it's an annotation, like the lake? near Adler Ranch) so I wouldn't have said that. I keep thinking I can make out the odd word in some of them, but that word isn't enough to reveal what they are.

The one below Horseshoe Overlook is C-something-s Point, the one southeast of Aberdeen Pig Farm is something Ridge/Bridge.

• Like 1

This is my guess...

dhPb83a.jpg

2 hours ago, ViceMan said:

There's an abandoned mine below Pronghorn Ranch marked in white (also in a different font as if it's an annotation, like the lake? near Adler Ranch) so I wouldn't have said that. I keep thinking I can make out the odd word in some of them, but that word isn't enough to reveal what they are.

The one below Horseshoe Overlook is C-something-s Point, the one southeast of Aberdeen Pig Farm is something Ridge/Bridge.

I didn't even notice that Mine until you mentioned it. Must have glanced over it because of the colour.My brain probably thought it was a lake or creek or something. I honestly thought that said 'bike' rather than 'Lake' at first glance lol

• Like 1

Yeah that definitely looks like something something Railroad Camp, still think the second word is Ridge or Bridge though.

As for the key, I was trying to think of anything that could work and I kept going back to Ledger target, but the second word looks like it begins with a capital J.

"I seen yoh name in ohw ledguh."

Also thought the last one was Apple something myself too.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1