Brian

Windows and other Operating Systems

I believe it's not really an internal issue, but a third party one:

https://searchcode.c...windows+9%22%29

Too much third party software out there uses obscenely restarted ways to determine the version number.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was to do with coding I just couldn't remember exact since I just skimmed the article.

Is Windows 8 any good for a gamer?

I haven't had too many problems with it, mind you I mainly play Minecraft and Strategy Games.

However I have noticed a quite few issues with running older games from around the windows 95/98 era. I still can't get my old copy of Starcraft to run properly on 8.

I'd also suggest sticking with 7. They tried to implement a lot into 8 that just didn't work. I feel the UI is weird between apps I'll never use or a start menu and tool bar that feels missing in a way. I prefer 7 much more over 8.

I'd also suggest sticking with 7. They tried to implement a lot into 8 that just didn't work. I feel the UI is weird between apps I'll never use or a start menu and tool bar that feels missing in a way. I prefer 7 much more over 8.

I agree, my laptop is windows 8 and has a habit of opening documents or my email when I move the mouse. Really annoying

search feature looks kool... but I bet when you use it is clunky, like ie. plus, it's probably linked to bing.....yuck.