Sign in to follow this  
llliiiiiiiiilllll

Can you keep your kicks fresh?

Can you keep your kicks fresh?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can spray that stuff on em for water proofing tents and such liquid just beads off.... Before I got arrested I mean married I used to buy so many shoes I never wore one pair long enough to get them too bad constant rotation is the key

haha. I tried spraying them with that stuff, and in all honesty it really didn't do much. They're already lookin a bit rugged so I decided to just let them do their own thing. I tried to baby them for the first month but now I just dont care anymore lol. Thanks for the tip though.

I wear Converse and Timberlands. The latter are for bad weather and general things. Converse are everyday wear. I've found they are generally hardwearing apart from small details such as lettering on the back of them and rubber siding but they do get very dirty. Cleaning them is the same as any cleaning any shoe really. I use baby wipes, if that isn't enough to get them clean I let the baby wipes dry out and use 70% isopropyl, these will get clean and remove just about anything, including one incident where I had melted latex on my shoe. For small hard to reach areas I use a toothbrush and isopropyl. Elbow grease is the real trick here, the toothbrush won't damage anything so go as hard as you want. I've even found it'll remove sharpie and other permanent markers.

And FYI if you're paying for work boots and need something strong $100 is not a good limit. You're limiting yourself to low end steel caps, where the material will wear away and the steel gets easily damaged and is not as thick. You definately get what you pay for with shoes. (aside from ridiculously expensive items like Gucci and Yeezy's)

• Like 1

I've been wearing the same Converse for at least 4 years now. They're filthy, have holes in them, and are the most comfortable shoes ever. Only shoes I replace when they start to wear are runners, as knees and ankles are important. My oldest shirt is from 2006.

I guess I don't get why I need to spend over $100 dollars for a good pair of work boots. I have a pair of steel-toeds by Caterpillar (yes, the heavy equipment company) that has been able to withstand welding sparks, resists oil stains, and has saved my toes more than once. And only for $60.

I've been wearing the same Converse for at least 4 years now. They're filthy, have holes in them, and are the most comfortable shoes ever. Only shoes I replace when they start to wear are runners, as knees and ankles are important. My oldest shirt is from 2006.

Converse are really shitty quality now.

If you're not worried about look like a pleb get Reebok's new ATV and tell me how they go, supposedly they help build leg muscle due to strategic placement of weights.

My mothers caterpillars had the supposed "steel toe cap" last one impact from a door falling on it. The cap went all bent and distressed and wouldn't protect shit. Then she went to a swap meet/car boot and got some massive boots from a retired policeman who had the same pair for ten years. He'd dropped something like ~$170 on them and they looked close to brand new. Those bastards didn't have trouble with anything.

Thankfully, my work provides health and safety wear including safety boots. Which you HAVE to wear!

I sit in an office and still have to wear safety boots and a high-vis <_<.

Anyway, the boots, shit quality.

My converse have a hole in the bottom.

Quality on converse has gone downhill drastically. Any recommendations on what shoes I should get? I want something comfy like converse

I find my vans and supras are pretty comfortable.

I don't feel like vans plimsolls would suit me, plus i wear my jeans baggy so i'd end up treading on them. Supra's are pretty high, what line should I be looking at?

Q7BPXYo.jpg

fucking cheap ass converse these days. Price goes up, quality goes down.

Yeah Supras are pretty good quality. There is so much variation as well, including colours and style. At the moment I have either navy Vaiders or Skytops, can't remember. But they do nice mid and low tops too.

I really like Clae's as well. In particular the Russell and McQueen lines.

http://clae.eu/collection

I was thinking about getting these.

http://www.asos.com/...ct%20Search&r=2

I'd wear them with jeans

Those are pretty damn nice. I've seen some over the top supras before, but these are one of the nicer pairs I've seen. You lace those right and they'll be looking sick.

My friend has a pair of these supras:

supra-skytop-camouflage-zumiez-01.jpg

Never thought I'd like a pair of camo shoes but they can look really good if you're wearin them with the right clothes. (sorry for the large image size)

The Supra's came today and hot damn they are nice. Very comfy (my main priority) but stylish too. What is this "lacing right"? I think I'm oldschool or s/t and only know "X lacing"

I work outside so 80% of the time I'm in work boots, that is literally the only reason my shoes have survived for more than a year. And honestly they still look brand fucking new. I have a set of Osiris NYC 83 I black and purple. That Vinyl shit their made of means dirt slides right off.

Hey, I even found the right colour scheme. That's them.

ORIRIS+NYC83+BLACK+WHITE.jpg

Still, nothing I've owned can compare to my old Kenny Anderson 2.0's. Hands down the most comfortable fucking shoe I've ever worn.

230660558.jpg7847_4.jpg

Had to post the insole, that was the best part of it.