Sign in to follow this  

Sonnen/ Jones was made to save the TUF series because of his trash talking. There is no way in hell Sonnen deserves to be even close to a shot at the LHW title. Especially over Hendo!!

Shogun is unpredictable and seems to fight better when he is confident, motivated and fit, like the Machida fights or the Griffin rematch - otherwise he justs seems tubby and uninterested.

I like Sonnen (I use that term loosely) He's a bit of a dissapointment at times. His shit talking is great and his wrestling ability is fantastic but for all the crap he's talked recently he hasn't been worth it. After Silva/Sonnen I he ramped it up into over drive and then got thrashed by in the second round. He's doing it now with bones and I doubt he'll get far considered Jon actually has good wrestling defence. TUF will be fun to watch though. I predict an amalgamation of Rashad/Rampage and Liddell/Ortiz.

Sonnen should move to WWE. The guy would be a killer heel and has wrestling ability to put on a believeable show.

• Like 1

Sonnen is good value media wise but I don't enjoy his fighting style - grinding away at people, aggressive lay and pray I guess.

Agree about the WWE - he could well easily be a face in the style of Stone Cold Steve Austin as well. McMahon should get onto it because Jones is going to smash him, I reckon, especially after Sonnen makes a fool out of him during TUF. Should be fun...

At least he don't take shit from anyone.

He takes a whole lot of shit (just in the octogon) and doesn't progress at all. Almost ten years later and he still cant defend a triangle.

Holy shit, what a beating:

MMA-Gif-9.gif

• Like 2

December looks to be a good month.

UFC on Fox 5, UFC on FX 6, UFC 155, the TUF 16 Finale, two bellator events.

All of which probably minus TUF 16 finale have stacked beyond recognition cards (and even then Nelson is probably gonna punch the face off Carwin)

Also, Dream and Golden Glory have teamed up for the traditional Japanese New Years eve show, which includes 15 kickboxing fights, including a 16 man, 1 night HW tournament and 7-9 MMA fights. These events are always something special!! Hopefully we will see more of this.....

fedor_armbar.jpg

I don't get Bellator over here and I don't really have time to find net coverage.

Carwin is out of the TUF final with injury (Matt Mitrione has replced him) and I don't think the contenders have impressed enough to earn themselves a spot on the card, other than the finalists so that card will be more stacked than the usual TUF. Interesting they have 2 TUF events on the same day - TUF 16 and TUF: The Smashes (UFC on FX 6) which was Britain v Australia.

Junior Dos Santos v Cain Velasquez II is the fight I am most looking forward to for the remainder of this year, and the return of Mark Hunt early next year!!

I think my favourite fight of all time is probably Liddell vs Ortiz I, purely because It was the first fight I ever watched (to my recollection)

w8ut0j.jpgrutfz6.jpg

Liddell was the man, wrecked Tito's shit.

I have fights I find hilarious though. I watched Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson in EliteXC recently and what a joke. Thompson decided to show up with a piece of granite for a chin on the night he shouldn't have,

I don't watch UFC, but I clicked this topic because I click every unread topic.

I just wanted to say that I hate Tito Ortiz, and this is based solely on a couple commercials and a handful of images of his stupid face.

ortiz_UFC132_Presser1-150x150.jpg

Look at that head. You just know it's bursting with his ego.

The guy tended to tone it down towards the end of his career (the douchebaggery).

It wasn't really his chin that went, he just started to be overwhelmed because he was really champ when UFC had a bunch of guys that hadn't really crosstrained (obviously they had, but people like the lions den and guy mezger put emphasis on submission training and when up against Tito were overwhelmed by his fairly strong chin and ground and pound). Then Randy and Chuck came along who had exactly what he had but better and with good wrestling and sprawl. Then the new guys came around who had crosstrained and continued to wreck his shit. There was the grave digging incident (he won one fight in four years for christ sake. He was hardly making a comeback).

But then he had all the opportunity to be a dick when Matt Mitirione said something about his girl and he kinda reacted maturely about it. That and he isn't the bitter "I could take any of these new fighters" kinda retired guy. He seems to like Jon Jones and think's he's going to be the one who breaks his title record.

And mentionable before that he had the TUF 3 thing where he actually trained his fighters while Ken had them do ridiculous shit.

Not going to pardon him for all the douchebaggery before but I think he realized he didn't have it anymore and chilled out a little.

• Like 1

icon11.gif

Pretty much what Cy said. Every time there is a champ I think they are unstoppable but then a new breed of fighter comes along and whoops their ass. I figured Liddell and Franlkin would have those belts a long time. I guess they did but I didnt see their losses coming at all haha. Now those guys have a hard time just getting another shot.

Now it seems JSP, Jones and Silva are unbeatable. That idea seems even more solid than Liddell and Franklin ever did. Fuck knows whats gonna come next tho.

icon11.gif

Pretty much what Cy said. Every time there is a champ I think they are unstoppable but then a new breed of fighter comes along and whoops their ass. I figured Liddell and Franlkin would have those belts a long time. I guess they did but I didnt see their losses coming at all haha. Now those guys have a hard time just getting another shot.

Now it seems JSP, Jones and Silva are unbeatable. That idea seems even more solid than Liddell and Franklin ever did. Fuck knows whats gonna come next tho.

Junior Dos Santos is nasty. Don't think his chin is ever going to go and the guy is extremely well rounded. He'll out box anybody and has killer jiu jitsu. Not on the level of someone like Demian Maia but he can use it and defend it. I think either Velasquez is going to come back and wreck his shit or he's reigning then retriring with the belt. If Velasquez can't beat him I don't think anybody can.

With Liddell and Franklin it was the chin that went. Liddell suddenly stopped being able to take the strong punches he used to walk through and Franklin went out like a light after what was relatively a passing glance. Forrest Griffins's has been going ever since UFC 101 against Silva. He went out on a passing shot and Bonnar's is up in the air because of the roids scandal.