No.

I wouldn't really call L.A Noire a cop game. It's more of a detective game. And besides, it sucked.

I bet if they repackaged L.A. Noire under a Grand Theft Auto name you wouldn't call it shit then, you'd eat it up like the fanboy that you are.

He probably thinks it sucked because he half expected it to be like GTA. I love L.A. Noire, it's a very very unique game and has given me countless hours of enjoyment.

It's a great game with little replayablity unless you have alzheimer's.

• Like 1

I think alot of people aren't understanding what I mean. I don't think they should force you to be a cop and take away the whole criminal aspect. I think they should give you a choice to play as a cop. Whether thats a permanent choice or not, it doesn't matter. Maybe with some DLC, maybe just amp up on the vigilante missions ALOT. If you don't want to play as a cop, then don't get the DLC, or don't do the vigilante missions. The beauty of a game like GTA is all the freedom you have with gameplay. If someone wants to play as a cop, let em. Having that option isn't going to hurt gameplay at all.Just stay away from it if you don't like it

more flexibility in vigilante missions

I've just remembered, and I know it's fairly obvious, bu there's Vigilante missions in GTA. So you're a part time cop when you want to be

Oh yeah sure, you JUST remembered?

Meh, la-noire was kinda so-so. Definately not as good as gta, which is why im not intested in playing grand theft auto as a homicidal maniac cop with a car fetish,

I think they should give you a choice to play as a cop.

I can see playing as a former police officer, but I don't think R* will give us a story where we play as a current officer of the law in a GTA game. It goes against the grain of the over all theme of the series. The protagonist is always a career criminal, to some degree. A former police officer is in line for that.

And I gotta say, I was let down by LA Noire on several fronts. But most damning for me, it had no replay value. That's the only time I've ever said that about a R* game.

• Like 1

The only appropriate place would be a Cops'n Robbers mode in multiplayer, where you could pick cop uniforms and vehicles, then have to chase and kill the thieves. But it feels wrong to even have the option of playing a cop in GTA. They're for blowing up, setting on fire, and evading by spectacular driving. They definitely serve their purpose, but I don't want to be the good guy. Otherwise I'd play FPS war simulators.

• Like 2

icon11.gif

I think alot of people aren't understanding what I mean. I don't think they should force you to be a cop and take away the whole criminal aspect. I think they should give you a choice to play as a cop. Whether thats a permanent choice or not, it doesn't matter. Maybe with some DLC, maybe just amp up on the vigilante missions ALOT. If you don't want to play as a cop, then don't get the DLC, or don't do the vigilante missions. The beauty of a game like GTA is all the freedom you have with gameplay. If someone wants to play as a cop, let em. Having that option isn't going to hurt gameplay at all.Just stay away from it if you don't like it

basically you just said I hope they bring back vigilante missions.

You had the option to be a cop in GTA IV in the vigilante missions, but they did a shitty job at it. No uniform, own cops would shoot you, no issued sidearm, etc... where major problems with it. I personnaly would like to be a cop as a different change of pace in the new game and I think Rockstar will drastically improve their vigilante missions from what we experienced in GTA IV, which would X out the need for a DLC for just being a cop, lol.

A vigilante is someone who takes the law into their own hands, and deals with injustice as they see fit. It's completely different from being a cop, as it's still a crime if you go after and murder someone, even if they are a criminal themselves.

• Like 1