cuda

What are you reading?

Would you say that everyone in the top of the entertainment industry doesn't deserve what they make?

@Dozy

Right on. Let us know if you like any of it.

@beatnic

I had no idea about the Brin-Costner connection, will try to ignore the taint.

@everyone else

Stop jumping down Massacre's throat and take your debate to a different thread, please.

@GTAgrl

No one is jumping down massacre's throat. His statements are incorrect and group think is a recipe for failure.

I will now make an incorrect statement then. Globalization is the only way for poor people to improve their lives.

Dozy, enjoy the books.

gtagrl, The Postman may be a three hour Kevin Costner masturbation festival (metaphorically), but it has some moments that'll make you laugh till you cry! For example, while on the run and trying to hide his identity, the Postman (Kevin Costner) enters a town run by Tom Petty, who is in fact playing Tom Petty. Keep in mind this is a postapocolyptic world, so it becomes even funnier to think that WIllie Nelson and or Trent Reznor are also running towns. At one point Costner turns to Petty and says, "I know you, you used to be famous."

This turns even more ridiculous when the Postman's identity is revealed and Petty says to Costner, "I know you. You ARE famous."

And I die of laughter.

• Like 1

Depends on which group of poor people you are talking about, beatnik. Although only would be an exaggeration, globalization is probably the best way for overall economic growth.

How are they not contributing to society? How can you say that when you're posting on a website dedicated to a video game?

Video games can be a novel form of art. A children's game, however, is a mindless activity that accomplishes nothing.

Depends on which group of poor people you are talking about, beatnik. Although only would be an exaggeration, globalization is probably the best way for overall economic growth.

Yeah that's why I threw "only" in there

gtagrl, The Postman may be a three hour Kevin Costner masturbation festival (metaphorically), but it has some moments that'll make you laugh till you cry! For example, while on the run and trying to hide his identity, the Postman (Kevin Costner) enters a town run by Tom Petty, who is in fact playing Tom Petty. Keep in mind this is a postapocolyptic world, so it becomes even funnier to think that WIllie Nelson and or Trent Reznor are also running towns. At one point Costner turns to Petty and says, "I know you, you used to be famous."

This turns even more ridiculous when the Postman's identity is revealed and Petty says to Costner, "I know you. You ARE famous."

And I die of laughter.

One advantage of books over movies, they can be Costner-free. (Y)

• Like 2

Almost done with Prince of Thorns and it has been a very interesting read, it is much different than the common fantasy series, so I'm writing a few things because I liked this book and I like you too:

Jorg is a badass, he is the definition of hate and darkness, he rapes and kills as he pleases but also gives good philosophy input on life. Few things that make Jorg a badass:

• Gets in a duel (supposedly with swords), grabs a crossbow and kills his opponent.
  • Eats the hearth of a Necromancer just for kicks.
  • Uses nuclear weapons to kill a whole town (serious).
  • Kills plenty of his posse for being loud mouths to him.
  • Pushes one guy off a cliff to make a point.
  • Finds sex with a whore weird because he didn't have to actually rape her.

One thing you should really know is, the book takes place in the future, it is my understanding that there was a worldwide nuclear holocaust and the human race basically started from zero again.

• Like 1

The fat girl had a lot to say, just like her father. Screeched like a barn owl: hurt my ears with it. I liked the older one better. She was quiet enough. So quiet you'd give a twist here or there just to check she hadn't died of fright.

On the second book now.

Still busy reading up the Broken Empire series,

Jorg accidentally kills a baby just by holding him, reason? He's just that sinister (also, Necromancy powers).

Think you would like this bit, Massacre.

• Like 1

Necromancy excites my undead nether regions. This series is a definite purchase for me once I've wrapped up the second Elder Scrolls novel and a couple other things.

You ever read any of the WoW books, cuda? Arthas: Rise of the Lich King is highly recommended. Rise of the Horde and Beyond the Dark Portal are good, too. They all have their flaws - Arthas can get Jaina-heavy at times, Rise is from Durotan's point of view (I don't like Durotan or Orgrim Doomhammer), and half of Portal is from the Alliance point of view - but the books are still solid.

Nope, never checked them, I don't know much WoW lore, just played it and skipped most of the story. I liked Illidan though, and Akama had a badass voice.

Unfortunately, Illidan is painfully underrepresented in the books. Arthas covers the Warcraft III Arthas/Illidan encounters, and pre-demon Illidan gets a mention in the Stormrage novel, but that's about it.

Confession: I've never run Black Temple. Started playing WoW late-Wrath, never got to run the old content. My monk is ridiculously durable, so I'm currently soloing all those old raids. Molten Core is about as difficult as a fetch quest when you run it at 90.

I feel for every soul that missed the old wow days :(, those times are just never coming back in gaming.

Finished book two in the series, thought the third was out but seems like I have to wait till August! Although this isn't the best story ever told, the fact that Jorg is the biggest BADASS in literature history totally makes up for it. The author did a fantastic job this main character, although Jorg is made of pure villainy and just fucking EVIL, I'm still left cheering for him.

Dearly waiting for the final chapter in the trilogy.

emperorofthorns_progress5.jpg

Almost done with Prince of Thorns and it has been a very interesting read, it is much different than the common fantasy series, so I'm writing a few things because I liked this book and I like you too:

Jorg is a badass, he is the definition of hate and darkness, he rapes and kills as he pleases but also gives good philosophy input on life. Few things that make Jorg a badass:

• Gets in a duel (supposedly with swords), grabs a crossbow and kills his opponent.
  • Eats the hearth of a Necromancer just for kicks.
  • Uses nuclear weapons to kill a whole town (serious).
  • Kills plenty of his posse for being loud mouths to him.
  • Pushes one guy off a cliff to make a point.
  • Finds sex with a whore weird because he didn't have to actually rape her.

One thing you should really know is, the book takes place in the future, it is my understanding that there was a worldwide nuclear holocaust and the human race basically started from zero again.

Reading this at the moment. As good as you say it is. Jorg is a badass!! Didn't realise it was a post apocalyptic future though :blink:

Yeah, you get that in one big wtf moment, it took my brain a few seconds to make the connection, I later confirmed it online - without spoiling anything, you will understand this when 'it' asks for a password ;).