cuda

What are you reading?

Yeah I might do that too eventually, I think there is a lot of hidden subtle things in the series that make it stand out.

I wish they could turn this into a proper tv/movie series, really dark and grimy - this MUST happen.

• Like 1

Man, this year is turning out to be just too good for fantasy fans, Brian Sanderson kicks absolute ass with Words of Radiance, Prince of Fools (Mark Lawrence) is coming out next week, the second book in The Powder Mage series was released earlier in the month, a new series by Joe Abercrombie in July...

18693743.jpg

17608111.jpg

18666047.jpg

Just finished Child of God by Cormac McCarthy... he writes incredibly well... almost like reading a Coen Brothers movie... awesome story... Lester Ballard would fit right in around here...

Just about to start Prince of Fools by Mark Lawrence... hopefully it captures the same feeling as his first series.

• Like 1

Just finished Child of God by Cormac McCarthy... he writes incredibly well... almost like reading a Coen Brothers movie... awesome story... Lester Ballard would fit right in around here...

Just about to start Prince of Fools by Mark Lawrence... hopefully it captures the same feeling as his first series.

Fuck yeah, let me know how that goes, I'm still stuck on the massive Words of Radiance book, epic tale though.

Prince of Fools is pretty damn good. It helps to have read the Broken Empire series though. I don't usually like fantasy type books either so this must be good...

It's set when Jorg was about 14 (the main character has a brief encounter with Jorg, which I recognised from the first series) and is the story of Jalan, a womanising cowardly prince, who becomes magically entwined to a huge Norse warrior and their quest to break the spell.

It offers insight to the rise of the Dead King and has some awesome moments... the fight with the

massive pile of burnt and melted-together dead bodies brought to life by necromancers

is a particularly gruesome yet hilarious highlight for me...

I love the world it is set in too...

• Like 1

The Tao of Pooh was pretty neat-o:

“Sourness and bitterness come from the interfering and unappreciative mind. Life itself, when understood and utilized for what it is, is sweet."

*becomes Taoist monk*

Just finished reading my fourth Assassins Creed book - Forsaken. A much enjoyable read than playing the actual game (Assassins Creed 3).

Haven't read The Secret Crusade yet so will get that before moving onto Black Flag.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy... this guy should be regarded an American treasure... he is magnificent... my favourite passage...

"This is my child, he said. I wash a dead man's brains out of his hair. That is my job....."

• Like 1

I haven't actually read the book, but the movie is also brilliant.

You watch the movie, I'll get the book.

I'm almost done with Words of Radiance, couple hundred more pages... (out of something like 1100).

Read The Road, the movie follows the book quite well. Teary eyes toward the last pages :(.

Think I'll go for Prince of Fools now.

• Like 1

I think it's a good portrait of true post-apocalypse, kids crying and people just being generally terrible towards others.

Cormac McCarthy has an interesting writing style, or maybe he's just old and doesn't give a fuck, the way he switches from narrative to dialogue, where you often have to guess who initiated the conversation... I guess it makes sure you're paying attention throughout the whole thing.