jobo

American Football

i don't get the appeal of the reflecting helmet, i saw michigan state and notre dame used them last year... but other than that they look aight... i like the black alternate jersey/helmet... they kind of tie in with the professional team down there as well...

what do you think?

New-UNC-Football-Uniforms-11.jpgnews_pic_0045.jpg

Barf. That's why I like Nebraska. Uniforms unchanged since the '70s when they dropped the "U" from "NU" on the helmets, aside from that abortion of a game against Wisconsin last year.

i don't get the appeal of the reflecting helmet, i saw michigan state and notre dame used them last year... but other than that they look aight... i like the black alternate jersey/helmet... they kind of tie in with the professional team down there as well...

I think those helmets could cause glare for the opposing team.

i don't think it's that distracting, helmets already have a glare in the sunlight... i just think they look ridiculous...

@ostrich - get used to it, it's the new craze, wearing ugly ass stupid uniforms... every team does it a couple times a year now..

Actually notre dame went back to their real gold color. Maybe that's why we did good.

Football is going to be fun this year I have to learn all 4 backer positions mike, bear, will, and sam!

@ostrich - get used to it, it's the new craze, wearing ugly ass stupid uniforms... every team does it a couple times a year now..

And as long as my team stays as far away from that craze as possible, I'll be fine.

@ jobo Football is going to go pretty good for me too, this year. My coaches need me to put on a little more beef this summer to play a 3-4 hybrid d-end OLB kind of guy.

Yep I got to play that and middle. I have a 7 on 7 today should be fun.

You have 7 on 7 in Indiana? Huh, I guess I thought it was a southern thing. We never had anything like it when I lived in Nebraska.

i think the 7 on 7 is a practice thing... right??

EDIT: i got sick of loading two pages behind because being a mod still shows the deleted posts, so i offically deleted them (to the other mods that might see this post)... who cares what one soccer hooligan tried to do to derail the topic...

992959_548945011818858_748331991_n.jpg

That's not funny. Somebody needs to get Brady water. Patriots signed Tebow--couldn't have happened to a better team. Lol

i think the 7 on 7 is a practice thing... right??

Sort of. It is actually a competition, often between schools. It's basically competive pass-on-air drills, between an offense compose of a center, qb, and any combination of 5 receivers or RBs, and generally 3 to 4 DBs on defense along with 2 or 3 linebackers. It is often played on only 1/2 of a for all field, sideline to sideline, and often flags are used to indicate tackles, as neither pads nor helmets are worn. Their are actually leagues for 7on7, at least here in Texas, an are often great ways for DBs, WRs, and QBs to get recruited.

Obviously, as the profile pic says, I'm a Detroit Lions fan. Megatron is my favorite player, but nothing beats Barry Sanders. And Green Bay, fuck them. Ohio State for college football. Fuck Michigan, Fuck the SEC. I always kind of liked the Colts, mostly cause of Manning, but I do like Andrew Luck. He i the best young QB in the game.

EDIT: *is

Oh and don't sit there and fucking bash me for the teams I like, you honkys. I don't get why OSU is so hated, and as for Detroit, name one thug currently on their roster that has done anything illegal this offseason.