rm80rams

The Last of Us

Was it right for Ellie to have her motherly/sisterly figure die? I believe Ellie wasn't aware of the fact she had to die for the cure/vaccine. I still don't know why they had to go for the brain's fungus and not just take other samples...so I get that. 

Joel telling lies to Ellie about the amount of people immune to the disease. Ellie asking Joel for the truth, he says he's been telling it. She says "okay."

That either means she believes it or can accept not knowing the truth because of her bond with Joel.

it's the bond over everything IMO...

I think the "humanity sucks" angle is a cop-out. I want to believe so but I truly think Joel's supposed to be an asshole. That's the way the ending pans out, to me. Caring, loving, sure...but corrupted, broken. 

Edited by Pump Action Pimp

it's probably what i would of done in the same situation...

it's not a cop-out, it's a reality decision ;)... after spending 10+ hours caring for this story, it's the only decision most of us would make... especially when the doc says that's she just another "test subject"... nothing selfish there, it's pretty much a "we did so much together to let it end like this" decision... elle would of prolly done the same if it were joel going into the test lab

this is why i love naughty dog, they make choices like this so emotionally gripping...

man your all over the cool stroy bro saying these days

I thought the ending was pretty much near the way it had to go. I didn't see the whole Ellie is gonna die thing coming. Left it open enough for a sequel. If they found a vaccine, and Ellie died then there wouldn't be much room for the story to progress in new games. I do think it's kidna dumb they couldn't just to a small biopsy of tissue and work off of that. But IDK how vaccines are actually synthesized so maybe it would take a large bit of tissie. Either way I liked it.

• Like 1

i just like using that macho man image :lol:... it's the coolest cool story bro image, and no one on the net uses it...

i wondered about that too, but perhaps the doctors, tech, and tools they had available weren't as good as they used to be back in the day? perhaps they have to kill the subject first, to see if the tests work? yea, either way, i would of done exactly what joel did... but you kind of feel bad for all of those who did die on their journey to the lab... they died in hopes that she was the cure... but none of them knew that she was probably just another one in the hundreds of others who thought they were the cure...

that or they just said they need to kill her for the sake of conflict in the story. anyways tho, it's not like I wanted to see a cutscene of a full breakdown on how their going to make a cure.
I played left behind. it was pretty awesome. A bit of a new dynamic of them throwing human enemies and infected at you at the same time. it was pretty awesome.

Might play it again lol. Not sure which difficulty I should try. I don't want anything that's so hard it's boring. What would you guys recommend?

Also, I should probably take some pictures. Game is really beautiful.