Sign in to follow this  
Ludzidocelowych

I bought a used copy of GTA IV for PS3, and it keeps freezing

Guest Marney1

I'd say it's probably down to your PS3 overheating due to poor ventilation or lint blocking up the vents. If a good vaccuuming (never use compressed air) doesn't sort it then your best chance of finding a solution might be here.

When you say "this is the second copy", do mean it is the second one that freezes or just the second one you have ever owned?

Did you install updates for the game if needed?

Both, the second one that freezes, and the second one ive owned(on PS3) I owned it on 360 and it was fine, but then again, that was a new copy, these 2 were both used.

Places over here in America Duff sell games used, You trade in the game for cash/credits at GameStop. He could've gotten it there.

We have that here too. They don't put every game into a console to make sure it works though.

They do not. Most employee's will look at games to see if it's scratched and how badly. I've had disc's rejected because of scratches (I was trying to cheat the system).

Other employee's that don't care and sell M rated games to twelve year old probably won't even check the disc.

Did you have to install the game both times? if you didn't try deleting the installation file, and re-install it. There could be some issues or corruption in the install files. Also, you said you never installed an update? I'm sure there were a couple of updates for GTA IV on PS3. Try and get your Ps3 online and install updates before playing it.

If it still freezes, then it is probably your PS3 at fault. Freezing in the older models, is a sign that it is overheating due to dust-engulfed hardware. if your ps3 is old and out of warranty, just open it up and vacuum all the dust out of the case and then give it a go again, see if that helps.

Did you have to install the game both times? if you didn't try deleting the installation file, and re-install it. There could be some issues or corruption in the install files. Also, you said you never installed an update? I'm sure there were a couple of updates for GTA IV on PS3. Try and get your Ps3 online and install updates before playing it.

If it still freezes, then it is probably your PS3 at fault. Freezing in the older models, is a sign that it is overheating due to dust-engulfed hardware. if your ps3 is old and out of warranty, just open it up and vacuum all the dust out of the case and then give it a go again, see if that helps.

I have a slim PS3, i tried it on my brothers 80GB fat PS3 and it worked without freezing, so it is my ps3