Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Say NO to internet censorship

Guest Marney1

Congress is debating whether to grant itself the power to turn off parts of the Internet. Fun sites like YouTube. Informative sites like Wikipedia. Political sites like MoveOn.org.

This week, Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) will start a historic filibuster of the Internet Censorship Act where he'll read the names of every person who signs a petition against Internet censorship. It's the perfect opportunity for 5 million Internet-connected progressives to visibly add their voice to a Senate debate. The more of us who sign, the stronger this effort to block this terrible law will be.

Add your name to the debate today.

A compiled petition with your individual comment will be presented to your senators and representative.

Sign here (if you're a US citizen)

Could care less and I'm English.

English and you say "could care less"? That's one of the most retarded Americanisms ever. Allow David Mitchell to explain.

Could care less and I'm English.

English and you say "could care less"? That's one of the most retarded Americanisms ever. Allow David Mitchell to explain.

'

haha nice! So Mercedes, you're an American English, or are you lying?! Either way 'I couldn't care less'. :)

I just talk, I don't care if its american English, proper English or whatever. I tried to google american slang words but google only found ace and awesome lol.

I just talk, I don't care if its american English, proper English or whatever. I tried to google american slang words but google only found ace and awesome lol.

It's not that "could care less" is American, it's that it makes no sense whatsoever. It just happens to originate from the US (surprise surprise).

I do believe she is stating that she has the ability to care even less than she currently does, implying that she has little interest in the topic at hand, good chap. monocle.gif

You didn't watch the video either, then.

Sorry about the Bump to an extent.

How could the Americans turn off the internet? The don't fucking own it.

Well they don't turn it off to the rest of the world, Just to us. Kinda like Egypt goverment did earlier this year, that cause the huge riot/protest. Basically meaning the gov't could/will sensor/block what they want, when they want, and how they want. Which is ironic because we believe in the whole Freedom of speech/press/religion/ect.

The Australian government wants to bring in an internet filter. I no longer fear this, as they are unlikely to produce a working filter, given their track record of failure. Obviously it's a horrible fucking idea, and sets an awful precedent.