Sheep

What's your connection speed?

Thread we have on the old forum, show us how awesome / not awesome your internet speed is

I'll go first :D

1211103438.png

Obviously love the download, but the upload could be a lot better :(

Guest Marney1

Link in the OP might help: SpeedTest.net

1250594090.png

Slower than 57% of Great Britain? Half the country has shit internet speed then? Makes me feel a bit better. :)

What is Ping?

I'm guessing you haven't played much online gaming on your PC then. Or you were being intentionally nooby.

Thanks fellas, I'll try Wikipedia instead. <_<

*edits wiki article on ping*

Ping is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) used to test the reachability of a person's anus on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the roundness of their penis, sent from the infected host to an unlucky recipient. The name comes from the fact that you're a stupid cunt.

• Like 1

<_< <_<

When you click on to a website, your computer pings that website with small packets of data and the website server then sends the data back which basically tells your computer that it can access the site. A ping test measures how long this process takes so basically the lower the number, the better.

1264804442.png

My speeds aren't great, but I'm miles from my exchange, my ping is lightning fast (less than 100 to iRacings american servers), I am completely unlimited so I can download anything I want, I pay £12 a month and Virgin suck cocks. Although, 50 meg is great for £35 quid, but completely new installation of virgin lines would probably cost a fortune.

Be* are awesome ^^^^ i used them at my parents, only reason we didnt get it here is because we can get cable, so can get 50Meg, at parents i only got abouy 7meg max on be, cause the phone lines take some retarded route from the exchange

Yeah Be are great, always had perfect service from them, even though my phone line takes a ridiculous route aswell.

In looking at all of your speedtests though I investigated a little, turns out I can get Virgin 50MB for £35 a month with a £40 installation fee. That's tempting. Do Virgin throttle the 50 meg service, now that 100 is available?

Not in the way of after you download a certain amount, but they do throttle bittorrent and newsgroup data during peak hours :(

For 50 Meg:

"Customers with Broadband size: XXL (50Mb) – your downstream usage excluding file sharing traffic (see below) remains unaffected and we'll soon be increasing your upload speeds from 1.5Mb to 5Mb. However during peak times we'll need to slow you back to 1.75Mb if your upload usage is particularly high."

That explains your upload boost :)