OnxyBlue22

What is a good headset?

I want to get a new gaming headset but I am on a tight budget. I am looking for one that is cheap but still decent. I would like to be able to hear game sound as well as talk through it. I don't want one of those cheap sets that only allows you to hear the person you are talking to. Anyone have some recommendations?

I'm currently using a Kingston HyperX Cloud II, which I'm loving. They have a few models for different budgets. 

http://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud/h3cl

Pretty sure they all have microphones. My buddy has the Cloud Core, which is the cheapest and he seems happy. He plays a lot of serious Counter Strike so they must have decent sound. Not sure how expensive they are in the US, though. 

I picked up a cheap headset - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HYZWR36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 - but the sound is too bassy and it makes the audio seem muffled, they don't have the crispness of my Philips headphones which I also use when I don't have to do any speaking. A decent enough set for what I want as I don't generally bother speaking to anyone (Jizzy fucked that one up though) - it's just that minor thing that bugs me.

I've got the playstation one for PS3. works for PS4 and PC as well. I paid about $100 3 or 4 years ago and I'm in Australia so half that in the US and you'd probably get a second hand set for next to nothing.

Has virtual surround which works surprisingly well. also really awesome for watching movies.

Only real drawbacks are it's pretty bulky and one of the earmuffs squeaks when I'm eating something. but that might just be my set.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:22 AM, ViceMan said:

I picked up a cheap headset - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HYZWR36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 - but the sound is too bassy and it makes the audio seem muffled, they don't have the crispness of my Philips headphones which I also use when I don't have to do any speaking. A decent enough set for what I want as I don't generally bother speaking to anyone (Jizzy fucked that one up though) - it's just that minor thing that bugs me.

For the record I have also heard Vicey's voice and spoken to him, he's a real live human and everything.