DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

Final Map, version 1.0

7MlhvWu.jpg

Full map Image is huge, it's 45k x 32k pixels. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qKeGsQwuUm8rsB3whqJsxUr6_US9qe4r

Keep an eye on the Interactive map by Tspoons, my map may appear on there at some point:

https://rdr2map.com/

And this app:

Outlaw HQ - Dot8 Studio

Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dot8studio.outlawhq2&hl=en_US

iOS

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/outlaw-hq-for-rdr2/id1436058136?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

• Like 1

I haven't seen many people explore beyond the boundaries really, apart from Mexico, so I decided to create a small exploration series to show off how much land there actually is, outside of the main map.

More to come.

• Like 2

New methods have been found, so my journey continues!

One place that has really baffled me is Tempest Rim. It's a big chunk of the map within the world boundaries yet it's entirely unreachable from every angle. So my next expedition is focused on just that. Looking around that whole area and beyond.

Next Stop, Guarma!

The main event. Took me hours of exploration, and editing. Still ended up being 45 minutes long!

I also made a montage of all the highest peaks I could get to, outside of the playable map.

• Like 1

Not only Tempest Rim, there's that bit the other side of Calumet Ravine NW of Witches Cauldron that's pretty inaccessible,a gentle slope and you and your horse still slip and fall down it. The annoying thing is I found a perfect bull moose there, shot it and couldn't get up the slope to skin it.

• Like 1

So I went exploring around Guarma, I've done it a few times now. But I always avoided the low poly zones, fearing I would fall through and kill my character, sending him back into the playable area. Now after exploring multiple times, I decided to leave no rock unturned and took the leap of faith.

REbCoa1.jpg

5Z0R8Kc.jpg

8tcti1j.jpg

I soon realized that, after galloping around a large distance, that the entire low poly segment was solid ground. So I decided to go further, and see how far those low poly models go. To my surprise, Guarma is, in fact, an entirely handcrafted island, with shores, beaches, bays, and even painted on pathways! So my first thought was this must the entire Island cut from the leaked map? At which point I decided to walk the entire island.

sXnbq0K.jpg

v8Fz3Gd.jpg

923SzEy.jpg

z5rnCno.jpg

O6xMx7v.jpg

It took me several in-game days, since I lost my horse down the side of a cliff very early into my expedition, and had to walk it on foot. Interestingly I started to sum up the shape of the island, and the inner mountainous features, and it does in fact match that leaked map island! I noticed Cinco Torres was that small island to the south west of the island, but in the story, the fort had been placed into the bay. Exploring in that direction, I found an island offshore! This can't be a coincidence, it all fits into place, like missing puzzle pieces.

HIVULW8.jpg

mU2o2pG.jpg

So the big question at this point is, why did they cut the content? The map is clearly early development, but they crafted it, and even names added on the leaked map if different locations lead to pathways and square pixel patches which may represent buildings. The island is also big, they could have cut it down, so save memory, yet they left it there like some extremely large easter egg. It blew my mind!

qhMjKTc.jpg

oLIaV3v.jpg

So I'm currently compiling the video, although it's very dull watching me walking around a huge empty island, I know that the mapper in you will appreciate it!

I'll post that later,

Discuss!

The island in context:

yOVml2w.jpg

W1zpvhj.jpg

pVHSfBi.jpg

I never thought I'd be mapping Guarma! lmao...

• Like 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's awesome.

So not only does Rockstar leave old cut bits of coding in their games, they leave entire land masses that got cut from being fully developed. Lends some credibility to Mexico and the outer areas of the regular map being cut but I don't think that's necessarily true for those.

3 hours ago, Qdeathstar said:

i agree with the commentor. You didn’t show us how to clip out of the map. THUMBS DOWN

? I did show you though. He's just a dumb ass, and needs his hand held all they way through.

2 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

That's awesome.

So not only does Rockstar leave old cut bits of coding in their games, they leave entire land masses that got cut from being fully developed. Lends some credibility to Mexico and the outer areas of the regular map being cut but I don't think that's necessarily true for those.

Yeah i can understand the other map areas being there for visual standards, but this one you would never see unless you went out of your way. They clearly had big plans for Guarma and cut back fairly early on.

So I'm going to have a rough estimate, and say that I think the playable area of the game only equates to approximately 1/3 of the entire physical map that can be roamed on(out of bounds).

uzinw5D.jpg

WIz5CfX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Nope, didn't need any horse items crossing the river. The stamina stimulants were mainly for speeding up the journey on the cheat horse. So, at 3:20 you can drop off the edge, die and respawn in Guarma, but you can't use any cheats there. So option 2 is if you want to ride around instead of walk everywhere once there. 

Strangely though, you can whistle your horse in RDO whilst in Guarma, just not in story mode.
  • Like 1

Didn't realize you couldn't cheat in Guarma. Good to know. I remember you guys talking about whistling for horses in RDO on discord. I assume it's because they didn't want you getting a horse in such a small area in the story but they didn't plan on people getting there in RDO.

• Like 1