DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

I've been trying to link this up with something.

1691.jpg

I said I thought it might be around Dewberry Creek way looking north, therefore I was trying to link the hillock on the left to the ridge on the right of this shot which would be looking the opposite way.

1650.jpg

However I just noticed this;

1587.jpg

That profile matches up pretty well with the first, and Dup highlighted the fact the little lake is also in that shot behind the horse which links it to the second image - but not in the way that I had intended it to. So the first shot actually looks south/SW towards Flatiron. Also there's something framed in the trees to the right of the first image but I can't see enough of it to discern what it is, definitely some sort of structure though.

Could it be the be the gang camp?

I just tried skewing the map to fit that panorama, and kinda crashed photoshop. It was over 4k though. and the skewed leaked map was like 40x larger than the pano.

JO3OuJ4.jpg

This is far as i got, managed print screen when it crashed!

BovJYpQ.jpg

As you can see, i tried lining things up, and i think there's way more land on that side of the world than there is on the old map... Or i just couldnt get the perspective right.

• Like 2

Lol what have I done... that looked pretty good until I saw the entire eastern edge of Roanoke had been flooded.

Which gang hideout?

Edited by ViceMan

*New Seasonal features - droughts and floods!

Beaver Hollow?

14 hours ago, ViceMan said:

I've been trying to link this up with something.

1691.jpg

I said I thought it might be around Dewberry Creek way looking north, therefore I was trying to link the hillock on the left to the ridge on the right of this shot which would be looking the opposite way.

1650.jpg

However I just noticed this;

1587.jpg

That profile matches up pretty well with the first, and Dup highlighted the fact the little lake is also in that shot behind the horse which links it to the second image - but not in the way that I had intended it to. So the first shot actually looks south/SW towards Flatiron. Also there's something framed in the trees to the right of the first image but I can't see enough of it to discern what it is, definitely some sort of structure though.

CFEJDG6.jpg

Yh0BOxw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 2

My idea(s) for that newer wide shot across Roanoke...

aberdeen.png

brown=roads/trails, yellow=train

I was trying to trace out lines of any type I could see and from there attempt to place the train tracks (assuming they still exist in this area). What I came up with is very similar to the leak map but definitely with differences.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

My idea(s) for that newer wide shot across Roanoke...

aberdeen.png

brown=roads/trails, yellow=train

I was trying to trace out lines of any type I could see and from there attempt to place the train tracks (assuming they still exist in this area). What I came up with is very similar to the leak map but definitely with differences.

I've been looking at this shot in detail since yesterday. Is it me or does that rocky formation on the right side of the image, just above the 3-way path split and just below the railway line look kind of like a ranch? Or am i just seeing things?! It's probably nothing just a cliff.

I'm looking from my phone right now, so i cant cross reference that part of the map with other images properly, but i'll have a look when i get home and see if i can rule it out.

Map Update v0.73

- Added Treefitty's most up to date town maps

*Strawberry

*Annesburg

*Rhodes

*Valentine

- Added illustration of "Beartooth Rock"

- Added illustration of Dakota Rail Bridge

- Added illustration of "Cowflick Hill" (beside Butcher's Creek)

- Included Compass & Grid for RDR1's "North"

WbvKD7d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I kept trying to get the name off this barn on the left (using other frames):

1618.jpg

Also seen here:

1581.jpg

But I just noticed it on the left in this screen:

1512.jpg

http://www.ireddead.com/img/content/1512.jpg

So it's just northwest of Rhodes. Nothing major but incase anyone else was intrigued by it.

edit: And while making up new countdown cards for twitter, I noticed this street "sign" next to the beggar for Courtenay St (which France has two locations named as):

stdenis-courtenayst.png

• Like 2
  • Like 1

Nice! I had a feeling that place was in Scarlett Meadows but didnt think it would be that close to Rhodes!

Nice one spotting the St Name. I havent really looked at the Saint Denis shots in detail, i figured you had them on lock down!

True that. :P I see myself not putting a ton of time into this stuff (wish I could, having a life sucks) but maybe we are just that good that we can keep up for the most part. :thumbup:

Tweaked St Denis map locations (and added the only street name):

radar-stdenis.png

Other notes:

• Added a book store and tailor near the church. I think there is a sign that says "Quality Custom Outfits" but the sign is partially blocked so the tailor is a guess.
  • I changed "streetcar station" down at the loop to "stagecoach? station" because that makes more sense to me. I couldn't find any real stations for streetcars (current or old) that fit. They are more like bus stops in real life.

Going down the historical New Orleans road for a minute here...

This is the only church I could find that looks similar to the one in the trailer. There are a few differences. It doesn't exist anymore and may not have existed in 1899 either but Rockstar doesn't get everything 100% accurate (not that anyone really cares):

ChristChurchNOLACanalDauphine.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_Church_Cathedral_(New_Orleans)

What I have as "Train Station?" below the streetcar loop may be based on the old L&N Station. This station was opened in 1902, though, but again Rockstar's accuracy as noted above:

L&N Terminal, ca. 1910. Source: http://canalstreetcar.com

https://yatlagniappe.com/2015/05/17/15-historic-landmarks-new-orleans-lost/

CardRiverfrontCanalFerryAir.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%26N_Station_(New_Orleans)

^It's the long darker red roofed building(s). Note Canal Street is there in the center which is what the post card shot is based on.

And finally, the bank the gang robs may actually be based on the old Public Library building (built in 1908......):

New Orleans Public Library. Source: Library of Congress

https://yatlagniappe.com/2015/05/17/15-historic-landmarks-new-orleans-lost/

^note the circular section on the right. The other side does not have this. That and the entrance location are the same as the bank building in the game.

I had actually looked at the library previously as a possible source for the building left-most along the top of the map (one with circular sections on both sides) but again the library only has it on one side. I also looked at the French Opera House for that but it's a MUCH larger building and just has rounded front corners. And it would be very out of place from the French Quarter part of the city that Canal St/etc are next to.

(I hope this is actually entertaining for anyone except me :P )

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I was sitting in bed this morning, and i decided to look at the exclusive physical map. Then i had an epiphany: What if R* were throwing us off by showing us something we couldn't possibly map to the leaked map. Then it hit me. As soon as i thought that, i started seeing New Austin and Nuevo Paraiso forming in front of my eyes!

I jumped out of bed, turned on my PC and there is was, in front of me. R* have pretty much show us Austin and Nuevo for months, right under our noses, and nobody noticed! I aligned the physical map to the RDR1 compass, and the letters and numbers facing the correct way. And this is what i got:

eOlJvtf.jpg

Decided to post a closer image for detail purposes. It resembles it a lot, and isn't 100% cookie cut, which is telling me that R* decided to rebuild the RDR map from the ground up and didn't just stick to the exact same placements. Which is good, i prefer that.

0vtM06F.jpg

I feel like i just found the hidden piece of the puzzle, but again, i could be wrong. But if they are UHD remastering the RDR1 territories, the scale of things will surely be slightly different. To me, this matched this map more than anything we've seen on the leaked map... 

That's my Theory, you decide.

• Like 1

Dear friends,

Our beloved Dup has finally gone off the deep end. Join us in wishing him well as he departs for his new home at the asylum Scarlett Meadows Recreation Center and begins a wonderous journey back to good health.

Sincerely,

iGTA Family

:P I'm not entirely convinced but amazed at this all the same. The exclusive map just looks weird to me. Like they purposely left it unfinished or less detailed. Maybe as an attempt to hide the locations. Or laziness...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok so i posted my theory on GTAForums, Reddit and sparked some interest. And after thinking about the possibility of matching it to the RDR1 map, some guy called 'Salinoc' on GTAForums posted this:

gCpesEi.gif

This is where it gets interesting. Ignore the dark lines, and only focus on the brown markings. They match up pretty well, if you don't include the dark lines. So what i can only suggest is that the person in-charge of making this "presentation map" obviously used two different map segments, to make things not look as obvious...

If that is correct, which at this point i feel like it does match up really well, then the dark lines must be a different part of the map, possibly zoomed in closer. Maybe even the area i suggested originally.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

edit: And while making up new countdown cards for twitter, I noticed this street "sign" next to the beggar for Courtenay St (which France has two locations named as?

Courtenay street is a reference of Bourbon street.

Courtenay and Bourbon were two branches of the Capetian Dynasty (French Royal House)

i think the pharmacy building in the game is the bourbon pub at Bourbon and St. Ann Crossroad 

Edited by koeklin
  • Like 1
  • Like 3

Since this topic died down, updated St Denis map. I went back to the raw in-game map to see things that were lost in the enhancement:

radar-stdenis.png

• Added some buildings/structures I had missed (I put the map name right over two...)
  • Added Victory St  - I totally forgot about it. It was the one legible street name along the east/southeast shore
  • Added Crescent St at the bottom of the loop as a guess from the streetcar on the post card pic. In-game map has a blurry name that looks similar.
  • Removed parts of the road/streetcar route along the top-center
  • Changed up some of the other streets - The buildings along the top appear to be along a street that's just off the map. Maybe up on a large hill since the in-game map shows grass between them and the streets shown.

@Dup I'm sure the street names won't make it onto your map but they don't really matter. It's more of a for-fun thing right now.

• Like 1