DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

On 9/28/2018 at 2:33 AM, DuPz0r said:

Yeah? sure If he feels like it? 

I'm hoping for that promised second gameplay trailer. Feels like forever since they posted the last one!

NNumH5P.jpg

^Total guess based on the rock formations i can see on the map.

I investigated the area circled above and couldn't find anything to match this rock pattern shown.  I agree the white lizard pic is around the same area, I have a feeling that that picture was taken closer to areas highlighted.  I reckon the white lizard pic has been taken from the Mexican side of the border, on the little knob, to the left and under the first green highlighted range.  I will have a roam and check this out.

I reckon if the background ranges are a true match, then the red lizard pic is probably taken in Mexico, closer than these ones.  Off to Mexico I go... oh, and fuck cougars

qMG2Xy8.jpg

Let me know if there are any other areas you want checked.

rdr_map.thumb.jpg.9fd01ef39c683eb244abbe9f2e3e516b.jpgrdr.thumb.jpg.ded468f879c8908bc58ee7d0bec58def.jpg

Sorry, I can't get a decent picture of it but this is my best guess for  the white lizard pic... it looks better on screen...  I just could not get clear weather either which makes it worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Going back to St Denis, a few things of note...

Using the clean screenshot:

1571.jpg

http://www.ireddead.com/img/content/1571.jpg

The streetcar says "Crescent St" on the front panels. New Orleans is nicknamed "The Crescent City". The lower section of the side appears to say " ___???___ Ave to Crescent St".

The blue building on the far right with the arch says "Fontana Theatre". Still looking for a real building that matches it. edit: see next post

stdenisfontanatheatre.png

We also get a better look to the left showing more of the industrial building (forgot to mention that previously as part of the reasoning for choosing my location guess on the map). Can see a small park too. Notice beyong the park just in front of the industrial building is a fenced in area. Kind of fits my guess as well when looking at the in-game map (the yellow line almost points to it):

radar-stdenistest.png

And going back to the robbery from trailer 3, I'm starting to think the first two shots are not actually the bank and the bank may not actually be Saint Denis:

1180.jpg

http://www.ireddead.com/img/content/1180.jpg

1179.jpg

http://www.ireddead.com/img/content/1179.jpg

^This lobby looks a little small especially for a big city bank but not a disqualifier. Noteworthy is the horse right outside the doors back-right. The windows in the middle appear to show other buildings a short distance away. So this building itself is relatively small or skinny. Another giveaway of that is the roof pitch you can see along the top. Could've been mistaken for a vaulted ceiling of an interior room but instead is likely the actual roof of the building.

Now the known bank:

1178.jpg

http://www.ireddead.com/img/content/1178.jpg

^Note the difference of interior decor/style compared to the previous. You could say it's a different robbery stitched with the previous entrance but Javier is wearing the exact same outfit. So they are probably different locations of the same robbery. The in-game map shows multiple Xs marked out so they are likely different parts/stops they make.

BUT when looking at the very first frames of this scene, you can see what appears to read "Valentine Savings Bank" on the right.

valentinesavingsbank.png

So is this actually in Valentine or is that a chain of banks with this one in Saint Denis? The very next scene in the trailer is Valentine with the possible bank on the right:

1177.jpg

Hmmm...

Something else I want to add is this Saint Denis screenshot which may or may not be related to the robbery we saw in the trailer:

1505.jpg

http://www.ireddead.com/img/content/1505.jpg

But if it is actually related... What if they steal a streetcar as a getaway vehicle? May not be as fast as a horse but likely offers more protection on the move. Sort of like the bulldozer in the Paleto Bay Heist.

The clothing Arthur wears in ^that^ screenshot is the same as the planning scene so these two may be directly related:

1343.jpg

http://www.ireddead.com/img/content/1343.jpg

This got me thinking that the robbery entrance scene was actually a streetcar (and/or train) station. You can see plenty of benches with people waiting and even luggage so that makes sense. I'm still looking for small stations that match what we saw but not having much luck. (I did find this one that's almost a match for the building behind Arthur above but the train station is actually in Tennessee...)

With all that, the Saint Denis robbery might not actually be a bank but instead multiple smaller heists that they do in one shot. One being a train/streetcar station. A preview mentioned the early train robbery we undertake in the mountains and says how the trains are owned by the oil baron Leviticus Cornwall. Stealing from him/his company early on could be a recurring theme throughout the story about them being enemies of the Cornwall railroad. We've definitely seen a few different train robberies. Some on the move and others at a stop.

Food for thought. -_-

Update:

I think I got this now...

Pretty sure these buildings are the same (Crescent Billiard Hall) for the reasons shown (support pole and railing style):

stdenisbilliards.png

So that means the streetcar station is probably the small building next to the streetcar loop:

radar-stdenis.png

Something I was thinking previously but needed a link. Now I have one. :) I will note that there is no X on the robbery map at this location so maybe this is a completely different heist.

And as for the previously mentioned Fontana Theatre I may have found the inspiration for that right where we were already looking. There is a structure very similar to it next to the billiards hall just like in-game:

Image result for crescent billiards hall new orleans

^On the left https://www.google.com/maps/@29.9526961,-90.0694841,3a,75y,301.53h,125.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swch1MQmADknR0fBiAGamqA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The place in real life is 119 St Charles Ave. Formerly "The Pearl Restaurant and Oyster Bar". The in-game structure does not have balconies, though.

And while trying to find more historical photos of the place, I found this drawing that shows the building in question was a lot shorter way back when (unknown date, but the columned building was detroyed by fire in 1894):

m014_469.jpg

^Billiard hall on the right.

edit: wiki has a photo of the same circa 1885-1894:

StChasHotelTwoMugnier.jpg

It had more floors in 1910, though (far right barely in view):

St.%2BCharles%2BAvenue%2Bfrom%2BCanal%2B

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah the first bank is definitely St Denis... unless Blackwater has its own streetcar system, there aren't any other cities big enough to feasibly have them (that we know of.)

There are slight differences in those posts, they seem to jut out slightly from the overall balcony in the first pic, also there are no street lamps. It probably is the same building though, perhaps on another side of it, the blue theme seems pretty consistent.

The streetcars are definitely Saint Denis. The bank shown may or may not be.

Yes they are likely two different sides of the same building. The post card being the westside, the robbery being the southside. The blue in the post card pic is not the billiard hall. It's the building with the arch (Fontana Theatre).

I assume this will be a scene in the gameplay trailer tomorrow ("today" for everyone east of the Atlantic) but if not we have another shot of Rhodes:

DoYFEpQXsAEyItV.jpg

Looks like a graveyard back-left which makes sense since the funeral home is there on the left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

This shot really interests me, i can't figure out where it is atm. Could be looking south over Lemoyne...

qmhaFXE.jpg

That right there is your Roanoke River methinks, with the lake on the right being the same one where I said Emerald Ranch would be. I think you can very faintly make out the path of a narrow river on the right, running into the lake. This would be pretty close to the shocker rock.

1377.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah i just figured that lake was the same as the one from that shot. I recognised the shape of it. So it's from Balsam looking south. The land is much larger than i expected in that direction.

6 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

So it's from Balsam looking south.

Nah I still think you are way too far east. The shocker rock to me is around Clingman, north of there, then you have that forested ridge extending out southeast beyond it, with the Roanoke river east of that.

That does make sense, but I just have a hunch the shocker isn't that far east and therefore everything else must move west accordingly.

(I didn't even realise the gameplay vid dropped, thought it was tomorrow tomorrow. Not today tomorrow. Stupid American times.)

And that's certainly similar to Armadillo, definitely has a more western desert town feel to it like Armadillo does.

Here's my take;

LYfMaXQ.jpg

Should've extended the purple line a bit further south on the map but you get the idea.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

If anything i'd move my shocker rock orange marker and the forested ridge purple line further west since they seem closer to that lake.

Guess that's it now until release or somebody leaks the game, might hold off on looking at leaked gameplay though, don't want to spoil too much. I might have to go radio silent in a week or two just in case I accidentally see too much. Still, we have this video to dissect. Seen most of the locations before though, just getting new angles on them now.

• Like 1

I was wrong about Arthur being on Balsam Rise, i think he's on Roanoke Ridge somewhere(providing the ridge continues west of the river), and that pool of water is just below Brandywine Drop. Closer to where you placed your marker on the map Vicey.

Thanks Fitty.

Quick update:

YAoWl4y.jpg

XbanXHr.jpg

/edit Thanks for adding the Screencaps to the Gallery Fitty!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

I was wrong about Arthur being on Balsam Rise, i think he's on Roanoke Ridge somewhere(providing the ridge continues west of the river), and that pool of water is just below Brandywine Drop. Closer to where you placed your marker on the map Vicey.

Eh I can't take credit for that. :P

I think the thing that's making me think the whole shocker rock and the forested ridge is further west is the colour distinction between the Roanoke and Heartlands areas. To me that means a change in landscape, vegetation etc. and the forested ridge would be the divider between those two areas, then the river valley east of it, then another rise before the Lannahecee (I guessed at that spelling and apparently got it right.) But it seems i'm wrong.

• Like 1

Been scrutinising this panorama for the last 3 hours... Changed the brightness and contrast to extremes that aren't good for the human eyes. And i think I've found the sweet spot.

Update:

vXuBddj.jpg

Still one thing that bugs me... Where the fuck is this elusive Emerald Ranch...?! Reckon it got changed or removed since the days of the leaked map?

Something just doesn't feel right with the right side of the image.

• Like 2