CaPn bOnEs

iGTA Crew Night - July 19 (PS4)

igta-crew-night-strip-banner.png

TUE JULY 19 - 6PM (EST) 11PM (GMT)

---
Join us this Tuesday for iGTA Crew Night! #shenanigans, user created jobs, photo ops, streaming, etc... Stay as long as you like, but please share your experience here with us for all to enjoy! Pics, videos, stories... Crew Nights are always told from multiple viewpoints, so please tell us your side of the story!

---
Theme:

igta-crew-bmx-night.png

BMX Night... break out the mashing X button skills, it's BMX time B)... dup made a couple of new skateparks to play around in, and BMX knows of a few other cool races we could do, so this should be fun... and hey, there's always dio's park to play around in too... so lets get our street biker game on! i want to suggest that maybe we spend some time in sandy shores... there's a lot of decayed buildings and hills and trailers and abandoned places to hang out at, could fit the theme nicely ;)...

---

Emblem:

ddbfcb7a6262e7076f30cf697bb388e9651864c6

brilliant idea, fitty B)... say hello to the new ugly white BG emblem that actually is quite funny and cool :lol:...

we're now walking advertisements for iGTA5.com ;)...

---
Add'l Thoughts:

sadly, this was originally going to be our official stunt night, but cockstar pulled a fast one on their community by delaying props... so we'll have to delay that one until the 9th of august, to allow our creator community time to make some fun stuff... unless the latest creator update problems still exist and we can't properly make stuff.. but we'll see ;)...

iGTA olympics next week... if no one has any ideas, then i'll throw some playlists together for it... sadly the latest creator issues will ruin anyone's chances at coming up with something new... but i will set us up with a dress code, and we'll go from there... we'll probably have two outfits... the athlete on the sideline look, and the competitive one... it'll be fun, i'm sure there'll be a lot of shenanigans :P...

what do you think of motocross night being on the night the new creator tools come out?? might be a new bike to go with it... thoughts? perhaps make it a no theme night to allow us to tinker around with the new tools??

i also got an idea from a previous night a long time ago about a purge-like night... dress creepy with masks, and do a lot of deathmatches and stuff... maybe some small freeroam skirmishes too... i added it to the list... got any more suggestions?? if you want to do one from the list, pick one, don't say they're all fine :lol: i want you guys to decide too... are we due for one of the reoccurring ones like 80s night or lowriders or vintage??

---
Guidelines:

* Join the iGTA community here, or befriend one of us to join the Crew. (via Social Club, PSN, Twitter, Instagram, IRL, etc.)
* Add some of us on the Playstation Network to get invited. (PSN Names are underneath our Avatars)
* You can join whenever, but the earlier the better. Ask for an invite if you want in. (We'll try to start the night out in a crew lobby to make things easier)
* If there's an "EVENT THEME", please dress appropriately. (If you don't, stay away from crew activities and play alone)
* NO CREW KILLING, unless #shenanigans happen or agreed upon. (This rule will now be further enforced due to recent engagements)
* NO DIRTY RACING! Also, listen to us if there's specific rules for a job. (A number of our jobs have specific rules, try to pay attention)
* NO BULLET-PROOF HELMETS during competitive play. It ruins the balance of the matches. (Not been an issue yet, don't make it one)
* NO CONSUMING OF SNACKS during competitive play. Be a man and die with honor. (Not been an issue yet, don't make it one)
No going off-radar in competitive matches. (Not been an issue yet, don't make it one)
* Don't ruin someone's Photo or Video if they're trying to set something up. (This can, and will get you, kicked from the session, no sabotaging on Crew Nights)

...we'll add more as we go if needed.

---
Upcoming Events:

JUL 26TH - iGTA Olympics

AUG 2ND - Motocross Night?? / No Theme Night??

AUG 9TH - Stunt Night

AUG 16TH - ???

(Events Subject to Change Depending on Crew Thoughts or When Rockstar Releases New DLC)

Other Suggestions (so far): Rally Car Night, Rock & Roll Night, GTA Night, Vinewood Night, Fight Night, Business Night, Hipster Night, Wrestling/Fight Night, Motocross Night, Purge Night

Reoccurring Themes: Crew Blue Night, Drift Night, Stunt Night, Off-Road Night, MC Night, BMX Night, Lowriders Night, 80s Night, Apocalypse Night

^I think you mean August 9 for stunt night. There are lots of sponsor-logo clothing items now, we might be able to dress as racing teams for a motocross/rally race car night. 

DiO and bmx both mentioned theme ideas in the last couple of days - 80's night was one, can't remember the other one. I still like the idea of a vintage rockabilly theme night, and we haven't done an MC night in a while. 

• Like 1

MC night wont happen until the emblem is fixed... i haven't played with you guys since tuesday, so they'll have to fill us in on those ideas ;)...

rockabilly... so like, 50's theme night?? :oB):D 

BMX said he can make a cool playlist. He has some really cool BMX jobs from his elite friends. Dup, post your skate parks here so he can at least book those too. or we can just launch those on their own and just play them for awhile rather than BMXing around in free-roam. 

• Like 1

So pics go way faster when you don't bother with filters or depth of field lol.  Here is the gallery with all my pics. I have to click the copy link on photobucket about seven times before it works. I will be looking for a new image host once again. This is ridiculous.

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/ayreon3843/library/igta July 19 - bmx night?sort=3&page=1

attempt to climb the bridge thing

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720210635_

it went less than great

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720210606_

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720210548_

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720210520_

me and bones jump off the thing

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720210707_

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720210719_

The bmx bowl got a bit car filled

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720210949_

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211022_

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211129_

Hey, Who wants to hit this ramp?

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211215_

Dup does

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211243_

and fails

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211311_

bmx does

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211506_

with a backflip

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211531_

sticks the landing

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V_20160720211551_

again more pics here

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/ayreon3843/library/igta July 19 - bmx night?sort=3&page=1

done and done

• Like 4

lol yea, you'll get used to turning off the hud if you stick with this method ;)... hell i turn it off so much that sometimes i forget that i am in camera mode and accidentally move the camera instead of advancing the scene lol... i know you're having hosting issues, but i don't have much of a problem with photobucket, mainly because i've been using it for like 10 years now, i'm used to whatever changes they throw at me...

i'm also renaming them properly so when i paste them into the other media box, i just change the number at the end... also, i don't use a filter on a lot of my shots either, unless the scene is just too epic to ignore a few more minutes of polish B)... i mostly just crank up the contrast and the brightness a little on most of my snaps... then copy that effect style and paste it on the rest of them that i don't feel like framing better...

• Like 1

maybe I will try the renaming thing but it's all starting to be too much work for what it is lol 

I don't know what photobuckets problem is. The ads make it lag like a motherfucker and that is why I have trouble copying. Then my ad blocker just makes it not work at all. 

oh lol... well sorry to inconvenience you then with sharing our fun :rolleyes:... you can go back to snapmatic if you want to :P...

i do wish more people would share stuff, it seems like they rely on you and me and a few others (on occassion) to show off the crew night... it seems like a bit much, but i've been doing that since GTAIV days so i guess i am just used to it...

I've definitely slowed down on posting pics, compared to the past, but enough people post snaps and videos to capture the feel of the night. (Casey was great for that and we haven't seen much of her lately.) Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist when I'm in the Editor, so it takes me a long time compared to others, but I find current system overwhelming compared to old-gen's in-game-phone snaps. You're in GTAO, then have to switch to SP to enter the Editor, then back out to clear room in your gallery, then go back into the Editor, stage each shot, then back to the gallery to upload pics to the SC, then dump them into Photobucket or save to the computer or copy to the forums etc. I haven't yet adopted the whole PSN capture and dump to a USB drive system yet, the image quality is definitely tits, but it's not necessarily less onerous to do, plus you have to keep turning off the HUD.

I took some clips from this crew night and even took a few old skool snaps, but as usual forgot to upload EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL IMAGE to the SC before turning off my game, and haven't had the console on since. Don't worry, I will look at my clips this weekend, I know there are a few shots I want to share. Either way, it has to be something I do for the love of the crew and as a creative arm of my photography hobby, not because I feel pressured to crank out material. I ain't a YouTube celebutard.

the problem is, not enough of us do anymore... if it weren't for nemo's last minute post, then we'd only have me and dio's from last week, and that's from a stunt DLC night where we had a good dozen or more people... it seems like no one really cares anymore, and if it's gonna start getting that way, then maybe i wont care much anymore either...

i'm not trying to pressure people, but a lot of the regulars on crew night used to share more... but it's gotten to the point where they're like "i'm sure bones or dio captured that, i am not even gonna bother"... i dunno, just an observation :)...

Last week was an exception for me since I was on vacation, and I was pretty up front about posting less these days because it's summer and our winters are long, so I'm spending more time doing outdoor & kitchen things and less time in front of the screen.

I think it's the right approach to continue to gently encourage everyone that's a regular on crew night to post even just a handful of pics each. If we start beating people over the head with a stick (or ourselves) about it, it stops being fun, and you know how I feel about that! :) 

I don't think it should matter. Crew nights are about having fun right? If it's a chore to post pics then I don't see why you should. I find it fun which is why I usually end up with a bunch of pics and also why I like to caption them. And If only one or no one post pics or a video then we can just write stuff here. 

• Like 1

I think it's OK to leave the picture shit to the people who enjoy it. More people sharing would be cool too. I'd say to people give it a shot. Maybe you will like it. Maybe you will never post a picture again.

I really think I am going to do less. Past couple of weeks it pissed me off. I'm thinking take them in groups of 4. Post to twitter. Embed them here. Done. 8 pics a week maybe. That is just fine.

Maybe a clip or two as well

lul

• Like 3

i guess i tend to rant sometimes... there was a time when just about everyone in the lobby would share something from the night... but nemo is right, just getting together is what matters most... and if something funny happens, make sure you always have action replay on :P... i will go thru my clips soon, been busy with the whole gary busey contract on hitman, and a couple other things lol...

• Like 2