Massacre

Fallout

that's how i saw it before today... but for some reason i am starting to see DM as the final chapter in the storyline... DM might be the only DLC that throws hard enemies at you right away... OWB and HH puts enemies with scaled weapons in the game... same could be with LR... dead money has no such thing... if you're not ready, you better of not saved over your previous game once you arrived...

which is why i always have a junk save file for those unsure moments...

also, take note of the geiger counter going off at the end of the trailer... food rads for thought...

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: things you catch after studying again...

post-24-0-08776600-1316064718_thumb.jpg

yea, i see another overseer's office... i've ALWAYS thought this had something to do with a vault... i will stake claim to that and if i am wrong, i am wrong... but i have had one those drunken moments right now where i see predictions backed with strong evidence...

i don't think i have ever mentioned that assumption, but come on, fallout has always been about the vaults... and i think it's not out of the realm to say that you and ulysses both came from one... i have had that notion, and after re-watching that trailer, i kinda got goosebumps when i saw that...

just sayin'... and i will even go futher and say it is vault 24, since i recall hearing that the outfit is still in the PC files, removed from the base game...

ahem, http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_24 ...

just sayin'... and i will even go futher and say it is vault 24, since i recall hearing that the outfit is still in the PC files, removed from the base game...

ahem, http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_24 ...

I was thinking exactly that when I got to "overseer's office" in your post. So, now I have nothing to add, but I still feel obligated to post, so... Here's my post. :huh:

• Like 1

though i'd share these to listen to in succession... more for my own personal use, i don't really care if any of you listen to them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzda3pQMbNM

old world blues holotapes...

lonesome road holotape 1...

lonesome road holotape 2...

http://fallout.wikia...Road_holotape_3

holotape #3 was released... and again, it's released while i am at work so i won't be able to listen to it... the description states that he explains the events of new canaan, graham, and his involvement with the white legs... dammit, maybe i'll try to access it with my ipod since gaming sites aren't blocked on that...

EDIT: well fuck, the wireless internet isn't working and i can't actually explain that to my boss... he'll ask, "what do you need the internet on your ipod for?? your computer's internet is working just fine..."

oh well...

I think they cut Ulysses out of the game so they could have an epic ending.

Or rather save some really good stuff for last, as well as answers we've been waiting for.

"This is too good, cut it, use it for the last DLC"..... :clap:

• Like 2

that's because the DLC's have a more compact, linear story... the problem with the main game story is it's very very open, up until the final few quests of each branch... there's 4 endings, and numerous ways to get to it... so, there's never really a true to point to it, thus no moment is as gripping as an ending to a DLC... don't get me wrong, there are some pretty epic moments in new vegas, but there's no real epic story... these 4 DLC's all tie together, and keep the story in a tight grip...

all the characters were built up right, and all have a linear path within the story... you can't change the relationship between the 4 characters (elijah, graham, christine, elijah), you only live it... with the rest of the game, you shape and mold all of that yourself... you make the story... therefor, you are right, the DLC's do have a better story than the main game :D...

On a side note, We have no history about our courier mentioned any where in the game. As with three, we kinda know where his history came from, mostly because we played it, then moriarity filled us in on the rest.

So does anyone know about the couriers past? I must have missed something

^^that... the courier's past comes up in lonesome road... they did a good job of completely concealing our past... basically, ulysses is the only one that knows the couriers past, not another soul... seriously, i think we grew up together, or worked at the same joint years ago... i am convinced you are from the divide, and what ever resides there...

dont forget the spoiler tags for those that play lonesome road today and feel the need to share... i won't get to play it until tomorrow night...

And now, Warlord Industries presents:

Spoiler-Free Spoilers, Lonesome Road Edition, Part 1

As expected, the entrance to the Lonesome Road area is in the Canyon Wreckage. However, the wreckage isn't cleared out at all, you enter through the door of the crashed bus. Before you enter, check the containers, there's a new healing item in one of them. I lol'd. As you enter the Divide, you immediately get a sense of how fucked the place is. You will also find one or two of the new healing items in nearby containers. You'll follow a short path, and enter the first building. There's plenty of cool shit in here, you'll find a new weapon and a new head item right away, and if you have a few thousand caps to spare, you'll be able to get another variant of the Ranger armor, arguably the best-looking one yet. You'll later find another new weapon, a sort of sub machine gun, and the Bowie Knife you see in the Sentry Bot's head in the trailer, and three new outfits. Then you'll end up back outside, and, well, you'll see.

• Like 1

i am now home drinking a vodka tonic, stoned, and downloading lonesome road... i will read your spoiler later, when i've played a good chunk of it...

for now, it's time to get ready to put and end to things, if this download could move a little faster...

I played it for 12 hours straight yesterday on my day off. Downloaded fast, straight away in the morning.

Runs smoothly, and I like the rugged terrain, as well as some of the other new sights and sounds.

I will also say there is a MAJOR glitch, that I found, since I always go the opposite ways the game wants you to go.

Let's just say keep moving forward. There is a new location back at the beginning, once you get so far.

Don't let temptation get the best of you - follow the stupid main story line first. Otherwise you'll glitch up.

I deleted all my saves at the game end, just to fix that. Went back, to a good save, and am back on course.

For me, Honest Hearts and Old World Blues were the best DLC's. I'm just disappointed in this one.

ehh, desert ranger armor still looks better... the riot armor would look cooler if they ditched the longcoat over it... still haven't gotten too far yet though, basically i reached the town you first see after leaving the looooong entrance path inside the bunker, and found a place to call home for now, a place to store all the junk i collect... and that's about as far as i got...

found a couple ED-E upgrades, and a couple cool weapons... and i do believe i can arrive at hopeville around level 4 or so... the only challenge is the one sentrybot you have to fight... with an average science skill you can disable all the other dangers in there... but this place is no place for a low level character... it's just that i think i can at least arrive there, get a few cool weapons and gear, then leave back to the mojave and come back later when the time is right...

was there suppose to be a radio broadcast for this DLC?? i didn't see one, nor did i receive a note... basically once LR loaded, it added a new quest to seek out the canyon wreckage and that's it... am i missing something??

Been a while since I played any DLC on a console, but on PC there's two pop-up windows, one that intros the DLC and one that says "[DLC name here] has been loaded. Your level cap has been increased by 5." The first one says something about a message from Ulysses.

which leads me to believe you are meant to explore it early and/or at your leisure... it's more like an extension to the mojave, albeit, a very dangerous extension... the burned enemies are pretty tough, especially for a low level player... i wonder if you can chip away at it throughout your journey, and the enemies and places cleared out stay that way... if that's the case, i might periodically return to the divide on a different file, just to chip away at the story here and there in between the mojave story when i can spare the supplies...

hopefully i can play this uninterrupted tonight though...