Massacre

Fallout

Awesome tip, Dup, thanks.

I have a decent little garden started in the yards behind the crafting house in Sanctuary; so far it's got melons, gourds, taro, corn and carrots. It's amazing what you can find foraging in the woods, not just ruined buildings and abandoned lots - seek and ye shall find.

• Like 1

My armor and weapons are as upgraded as they can be at my current level. Have to reach 13 and 16 to upgrade any further. I'm nowhere near Diamond City, though, thanks to my constant scavenging and crafting. Every time I reach a new location, I end up filling my inventory and having to go back to Red Rocket to store shit.

I'm not looking forward to leaving Red Rocket for a new home, and having to make 20 trips to transfer all of my junk.

• Like 1

What a great game. You're all right about the OCD though, I'm starting to pick and choose what crap to take now. Just can't be bothered continuously going back and forth.

I've build somewhat of a stronghold at Sanctuary. Gate at the front, two sentry's on the pillars, a guard tower, and I've build a wall with the bridge behind it and a staircase, essentially allowing you to man the wall. The creative people are going to love this. 

In terms of Sniper, I kinda just build my own using the .308 pistol. 

Once thing I must applaud about this game, the FPS shooting actually works. I hardly ever use VATS. I have about 800 .38 bullets and I just modified my pistol to a quick fire. So far I can kill raiders and ghouls with relative ease. 

I ended up clearing all of the Corvega assembly plant with a shotgun! And in case you miss it, there's a gated area at the back with a bunker. Go there and you'll get an interesting radio signal.

Question:

Protectron personality, I tried changing to Subway Steward since I had a subway token, but he didn't recognize it! I thought it would be a smart way to clear out the Super Duper Mart, but couldn't get it to work.

• Like 3

Well that's handy - just found another Power Armour and a Fat Man too.

Did a few minor improvements to one of my shacks at Sanctuary - figured out how to wire the lights up to the switch, pylon, generator etc and added a few homely bits such as sofa (which I took from one of the houses), a rug, a bed and a painting of a cat!  That's my priorities in order!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yeah, I've got some preliminary fortressing going on at Sanctuary too, some guard towers and turrets at the bridge, the beginnings of a perimeter fence, a genny running a water purifier in the river with a guard shack to protect it...eventually hope to have vendors and traders established too...we'll see how far I take it before exploring more of the map, since as Massacre said, moving sucks.

Basically, this game is the bomb (if you'll pardon such a terrible pun).  It combines true free will, a roomy sandbox, FPS, minecrafting, replayability and shitting your pants. What more do you need? I'm not going to play anything else ever again.

i've gotten a lot done today in terms of story... i finally met up with the railroad, and they seem to be the type of people my guy will help... and they like the fact that i've been helping the minutemen... i explored a nice chunk of boston, but i have passed a lot of places downtown without going inside... sometimes i just sit there wondering if i want to waste an hour scavenging thru it or if i want to continue on the quest i was on in the first place...

found goodneighbor, interesting town :lol:...

i'm about to go to that settlement i mentioned earlier that needed the power cores... and i finally have enough caps to buy that place in diamond city... i actually can't wait to move in there, get away from having to travel all the way up to the northern part of the map all the time... 

also, how do i get dogmeat back? i told him to wait for me at the sancuary, but i have yet to see him walking around :huh:...

"...a guard shack to protect it".

Your resources are vulnerable to NPCs? Can Raiders jack your water supply/sabotage the genny?

Also, anybody found Threeeeee Daaaaawg yet? His voice actor said something about coming back, a few years ago.

Edited by GunSmith

Yeah, I've got some preliminary fortressing going on at Sanctuary too, some guard towers and turrets at the bridge, the beginnings of a perimeter fence, a genny running a water purifier in the river with a guard shack to protect it...eventually hope to have vendors and traders established too...we'll see how far I take it before exploring more of the map, since as Massacre said, moving sucks.

Basically, this game is the bomb (if you'll pardon such a terrible pun).  It combines true free will, a roomy sandbox, FPS, minecrafting, replayability and shitting your pants. What more do you need? I'm not going to play anything else ever again.

Amen to all that.

Done enough shitting myself - already been jumped upon by feral ghouls when I least expected them and have also had to leg it from Legendary Super Mutants!  

Admittedly I've probably bumbled through whenever I've encountered combat - just had a little luck on my side.

Also now finding a tad more stuff than I was before (well the perks helped to an extent obviously) - had a scavenge round a couple of places in Boston.  Think that's what I'll largely be doing inbetween nipping back to Sanctuary.

"...a guard shack to protect it".

Your resources are vulnerable to NPCs? Can Raiders jack your water supply/sabotage the genny?

Also, anybody found Threeeeee Daaaaawg yet? His voice actor said something about coming back, a few years ago.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-wont-have-fallout-3s-three-dog-voice-act/1100-6430444/

Basically, this game is the bomb (if you'll pardon such a terrible pun). It combines true free will, a roomy sandbox, FPS, minecrafting, replayability and shitting your pants. What more do you need? I'm not going to play anything else ever again.

Dang it, I read roomy sandbox as random sodomy and was about to get really exited.

• Like 2

thanks, shabba B)... i kinda figured out what i was doing wrong lol...

and after purchasing the diamond city place, i reloaded a previous save... now while i can decorate the interior, i can't put down weapon and armor upgrade benches... that kinda bugged me to be be honest... plus i wasn't too fond of the layout...

I've got a great gun build using the Pipe pistol and all that extra .38 ammo lying around.

You'll need Gun Perk 1

Receiver: Hardened automatic

Barrel: Short light

Stock: Standard stock

Mag: Large quick eject

Sights: Glow sights

No muzzle (or bayonet if you like to get up close and personal)

It's a short range automatic that is good for non-VATS use, essentially converting your pistol into a lightweight SMG.

also, how do i get dogmeat back? i told him to wait for me at the sancuary, but i have yet to see him walking around :huh:...

Check the various doghouses around the neighborhood, that's where I always find him. I moved one to the driveway of my house so I wouldn't have to hunt him down.

• Like 2

I ad a strange glitch happen...

I was traveling north east across the lake by sanctuary and got into a tissle with some bad dudes, raiders, what else? Well, all of a sudden my shotgun blast pushed me all the way back to sanctuary, leaving my dog to fend for himself. Too many raiders for one dog :(

also, I'm not a fan of the spastic radio guy.

all that said, still enjoying the game! there are a lot more little details this time around.

i only found one doghouse in the neighborhood, so i removed it and put one at my place... still no sign of him :(... is it because i have piper with me?? seems highly unlikely since i see codsworth around...

I believe there are three doghouses in the neighborhood. Once you find him, scrap all the doghouses except for the one you moved, that will ensure that he's usually easy to find.

not that i am aware of... and i'll check sanctuary again, massacre, i thought i didn't see any more dog houses...

i've got a number of new screens... again, click at your own risk, i'll at least give you a heads up ;)...

---------

laser hunting :lol:...

poorbunny.jpg

good lesson, don't go sticking your fingers where they shouldn't be...

watchyourfingers.jpg

OMG so adorable!! :wub:...

mrpebbles.jpg

unnamed location, you'll see it when you follow the story... i thought it looked cool enough to snap a pic of... the interiors in fallout 4 are simply a breath of fresh air compared to lastgen fallout games... they really went all out on the details...

vault118.jpg

paid the piper (that's the companion everyone should know of)... she likes me, but i don't have enough charisma to flirt back lol :lol:...

paidthepiper.jpg

...heard the stories of the silver shroud??

fear not fellow citizens on the commonwealth, i am here to save you!! :lol:...

theshroud.jpg

if you wanna know a little bit more about that vault i found, then open the spoiler...

vault81.jpg

so basically vault-tec was being themselves with these guys at vault 81... what seemed like an innocent, truly amazing community of peaceful dwellers who let the occasional trader in for trade, had no clue what devious plans were right under their noses... i won't spoil much more than that, but they're quite happy i helped them, they even gave me my very own vault room! :lol:...

let me know when any of you do the quests here, it's a pretty fucking crazy vault experiment...

have you been to goodneighbor?? have you heard about the one they call magnolia??

:wub:...

magnolia.jpg

--------

also, this might be the funniest note i've found in someone's inventory :lol:...

https://vine.co/v/iBWYKgUQFKA

• Like 3

wow dam eh. what about the auto saves? doesn't it back up like 3 of them? and quick save

that being said, I should create a separated save more often. 

I managed to make the adhesive paste dup posted. Pretty awesome. I got some kick ass weapons now. 

paid the piper (that's the companion everyone should know of)... she likes me, but i don't have enough charisma to flirt back lol :lol:...

I think another one comes up. I just grabbed the Lady Killer perk so I should be good to go next time. My 2nd opportunity I didnt even try and flirt back because I knew it would fail. IDK maybe I just got friend zoned lol. 

Still want a good tutorial on how to power shit. I dont know what the fuck I am doing. I wasted mad copper. Built a bunch of shit, it didnt work so I scrapped it. Should have stored it because I dont think you get the copper back. 

i reached the idolize stage, i don't think it goes any higher, does it?

when you store something at the homestead, where does it go?

Are there axes in Fallout?

You should take a stroll around the area outside Diamond City. Peruse the aisles of a comic shop, perhaps...

hubris? i didn't find an axe there :(... you can modify a tire iron to look like an axe :lol:... just look at my mr. pebbles shot up above... i guess it's more like a hatchet lol...

• Like 1