Let me introduce you to John Green and Crash Course History.

I am a big fan of this show, and where I more of a science geek, I'd probably watch the stuff that his brother Hank put out there as well.

For anyone taking a history classes, now or in the future, be advised that I have aced two class by doing little to no reading of the text book and only watching various episodes and doing some online reading. Enjoy!

Also, I'd love to see some general discussion of history in this thread.

• Like 2

I've been watching these since they first began, and I'll tell you it helped me get a major background on history, or so I like to think. Easiest class for me.

• Like 1

History class was easy, i know enough of it, but i find the future more interesting. Also, the cliche history repeats itself doesnt make history special. You just need the highlights and some common sense.

Who controls the past now controls the future

Who controls the present now controls the past

Who controls the past now controls the future

Who controls the present now?

Eg, history doesn't matter or at the very least, cannot be trusted.

You may be interested in the work of Graham Hancock, Mr. Q.

Isnt he the guy who theorized the paramids where actually alien landing pads, and that ancient civilizations traveled through "stargates"

Danielcivilian.jpg

I haven't come across that particular theory in his writings. He's taken evidence put forward by some geologists suggesting that the pyramids and the sphinx are thousands of years older than Egyptologists suggest. He also believes that humanity has been around much longer than we presently believe, but he's more of an investigative journalist than a historian.

On a side note, my aunt played Kurt Russel's wife in Stargate.

• Like 1

I haven't come across that particular theory in his writings. He's taken evidence put forward by some geologists suggesting that the pyramids and the sphinx are thousands of years older than Egyptologists suggest. He also believes that humanity has been around much longer than we presently believe, but he's more of an investigative journalist than a historian.

This.

He doesn't really incorporate alien theories in his works, but he did get a little out there for a bit with a lot of Mars speculation.

His book "Fingerprints of the Gods" is fucking amazing and very eye-opening.

He also has a lot of studies on once-lost underwater structures/civilizations and used to scuba dive to near-impossible places and take amazing photos of them. I forgot what his book about that is called.

If anyone wants to get a good intro to Graham Hancock, download some old Art Bell shows where he interviewed him, and he also joined Joe Rogan for three of his podcasts. All these are very enjoyable listens and replayable, but the recent Joe Rogan podcasts incorporate a lot more talk of psychedelics and DMT since he got way into that the past several years. All very interesting but all depends on what you like. Very smart guy.

• Like 1

Speaking of history, today, we celebrate the 226th anniversary of the day the English invaded an occupied land for the purpose of relocating criminals from the Mother country with barbecued meat, copious amounts of beer, cricket on the telly and for the lucky majority, a trip to the beach.

Happy Australia Day folks!

• Like 3

Speaking of history, today, we celebrate the 226th anniversary of the day the English invaded an occupied land for the purpose of relocating criminals from the Mother country with barbecued meat, copious amounts of beer, cricket on the telly and for the lucky majority, a trip to the beach.

Happy Australia Day...Lucky fuckers... -_-

• Like 3

This is unbelievably accurate.

The only thing I'd add is wearing an aussie flag either as a cape or on an article of clothing and if you go to the fireworks it is obligatory to get into a fight.

• Like 2

The only thing I'd add is wearing an aussie flag either as a cape or on an article of clothing and if you go to the fireworks it is obligatory to get into a fight.

If you know a good one, please post a documentary for me to watch.

And does England still own y'all?

If you know a good one, please post a documentary for me to watch.

And does England still own y'all?

I don't know any Australia docos to be honest.

Australia is still holds the Queen as head of state and has a rep to sign off on major things but it's really just a figurative thing these days. The majority of the country doesn't care whether we remain a part of the Commonwealth or become a republic as long as we're still able to dominate the Commonwealth Games and beat the Poms (English) in sport.

In saying that, our cricket team just put up a piss poor performance in our batting innings (think offense for those not familiar with cricket).