After a load of my uni friends decided it wasn't menacing enough, so i added them. What do you think? good or bad? unfortunately your opinion isn't going to change anything because that's how it's going to look for the hand in next Monday. But i could still change it over summer for a decent showreel piece.

• Like 1

Guest Mr Bates

Excellent work DuP'. It's good taking the tour in the first vid and recognising your work. (Y)

I downloaded and installed that Drop Box thing. Like Massacre, not really sure wtf it is.

• Like 2

Now that it has fangs, it would look better if it were darker. Beyond that, the only criticism I had was when you had the city model with them in it, and they were bigger than I thought. They looked more like a small drone to me than a basic infantry soldier, something used for surveillance, scouting, and small targets.

Yeah it was my technical artist. He chucked everything in last minute for the deadline and forgot to scale everything properly lol. they are pretty big, but not as big as he made them look!

@Marney - Thanks dude ;)

Yeah, it was one of my peers story Media Design Document. i did the one with the underwater lab, but we didn't choose it in the end because of the large amount of character design involved. We figured robots would be easier to design and build lol.

I'll try and get a copy of the original document up on here. It's changed a lot since then though.

Cool, I'd like to read it if you can get a copy here. If not, it's cool, I just started thinking of weird story ideas when I first saw the designs, curious to see how close I was.

Downloaded and installed your droppybox thingamajig.

Very impressed with your teaser

Kinda reminds of the estate i live on minus the skyscrapers and robots.

• Like 1

And I have multiple email addresses, so if you still need some space, let me know and I can register again. Dup, not Pieface. Well, maybe Pieface, but I would need a magical reward for helping Pieface.

• Like 1

@Marn

Nah mate, not yet, i might give it a go though. I've found something called marmoset toolbag which shows off my game models at their best quality, to show off all my efforts :D

Also, here is the final cut for our game trailer, it doesn't have everything we wanted in it, but we were pushed for time and that's life. But i think we did well for the first ever game development project. I can't wait until next year now, I'm so ready for that shit! :P

^ watch it on youtube at 720p or 1080p ^_^

• Like 2

Can you all do me a favour and help me expand my dropbox limit by taking five minutes of your time to make a free account?

I use it to transfer my game creation packages to peers, and the free limit is only 2GB. Each person that joins through me gives me an extra 250mb, and the limit is 8GB. Remember, it's free!

Use this link:

http://db.tt/ozvZGHd

I signed up there a couple hours ago, you should have more space now. Have you got enough?

A file "Dropbox 1.1.31.exe" wanted to download/run on my computer... :unsure: I don't know what it wants to do, but no thanks.

It's strange that right after I had denied that exe file, my router started to blink red and I lost my internet. :blink:

Weird, i doubt it was dropbox though. Thanks for signing up, but i did mention above that you had to install it for me to get the upgraded space. I've finished this project now so you don't need to if you don't want... But it will come in handy for next year :)

I also uploaded my video to Vimeo (better quality compression I've been told)

It's a shame we didn't get it finished, but i'm happy with the way the city looks. That was down to me and Terry :D. I'm also really happy with the way my little robot animations turned out, i think they look cool!

• Like 2

I have to install it on my pc? The file I mentioned was perhaps a program install file. I'm a bit hesitant installing things, and since you don't need more space now I think I'll skip it.

The video you linked isn't starting, it's just a black box. But it's probably awesome stuff (as usual) so I'll try again later.

does it not? Oh what both of them? i posted a youtube link and a vimeo link, they both work on my screen... :blink:

The embedded videos posted here are working now, after I enabled iframes. They used to play without iframes but something seems to have changed recently.

The robot looks really nice, but I don't think the design looks realistic. But realism is perhaps not important.

The video at vimeo.com is still not working for me, I enabled everything but it's just a big black rectangle not loading anything. Maybe a browser issue since it works for you.